Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not yet they haven't. But the rumblings have started, with some suggesting he picked the wrong team or made the wrong subs. As if they're better qualified like. I'm of the opinion that we have the best manager and coach of young talent in the world. And the reason that performances and results like yesterday continue to blight our progress is that we don't invest sufficient funds in the transfer market and rely too much on Poch to work miracles within our break even strategy. Although I think I'm in the minority mind

Really?!? That happens every single week across every single team. I simply do understand this mindset that somehow to criticise a manage translates into wanting him gone. Actually I do it is a very crude way to discredit those who do and try to stop them from doing it. I haven’t seen a single person state that they want him gone so I do wish some would stop trying to claim otherwise.

Victim of what exactly? As for my expectation levels I want us to be what we are and not pretend that we are something we are not. We are Tier 2 club and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that because we can achieve what most clubs cannot . I want us to win silverware, I want us to achieve what the likes of Sevilla have done in the last decade and not be so fucking arrogant to think we are above such trophies. What I don’t want is to chase fantasies that you want. And I’m sorry but where exactly did I state the stadium shouldn’t be built? Can we please just not lie. The stadium should absolutely be built, it means an extra 24000 supporters can watch us each week and bridges the financial gap between us and Liverpool and Woolwich and moves us significantly above the likes of Everton, Vila and Newcastle. And again where did I say that I want Poch gone? Or that I wanted us to prioritise the cups at the expense of the league? Absolutely needless lies to make.

But as Jurgen’s said, you did say we have reached our ceiling, but would be better under a different manager which is both contradictory and speculative.

Anyway, enjoy your evening, you’ll be pleased to know that I’m off to enjoy mine.

You refuse to answer my main question, would you be happy to sacarfice the football we play to win some silverware, for example watch mourhino style park the bus, scrape a 1-0 win if it meant we won something this season?

I answered it already I would be perfectly happy to see a balance between the two. I actually don’t see the relevance of the question really, we are good enough to win with our currently playing style. The issue isn’t a talent one or about a style, it’s largely to do with attitude and mindset.

Yeah I’ve lost track as well....

We’ve reached our ceiling but could be doing better with a different manager. I’m confused.

We have reached our ceiling in league placings yes but in terms of silverware, the likes of FA Cup, league cup and UEFA cup absolutely not. Take the UEFA cup for example, we have been the wealthiest team in the tournament in most seasons and yet we have only got to the quarter final stage twice. It is a masive underachievement on our part . The likes of Simone has won won the Copa Del Rey and UEFA cup whilst enjoying league success at the same time. This at a club with less resources than ours. I hope I am wrong but I just do not see us doing that with Poch.

Victim of what exactly? As for my expectation levels I want us to be what we are and not pretend that we are something we are not. We are Tier 2 club and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that because we can achieve what most clubs cannot . I want us to win silverware, I want us to achieve what the likes of Sevilla have done in the last decade and not be so fucking arrogant to think we are above such trophies. What I don’t want is to chase fantasies that you want. And I’m sorry but where exactly did I state the stadium shouldn’t be built? Can we please just not lie. The stadium should absolutely be built, it means an extra 24000 supporters can watch us each week and bridges the financial gap between us and Liverpool and Woolwich and moves us significantly above the likes of Everton, Vila and Newcastle. And again where did I say that I want Poch gone? Or that I wanted us to prioritise the cups at the expense of the league? Absolutely needless lies to make.
Read your own posts before calling me a liar. I'm not chasing fantasies, i've supported Spurs far to long to be doing that. Anyway, enough of this backwards and forwards.

We have reached our ceiling in league placings yes but in terms of silverware, the likes of FA Cup, league cup and UEFA cup absolutely not. Take the UEFA cup for example, we have been the wealthiest team in the tournament in most seasons and yet we have only got to the quarter final stage twice. It is a masive underachievement on our part . The likes of Simone has won won the Copa Del Rey and UEFA cup whilst enjoying league success at the same time. This at a club with less resources than ours. I hope I am wrong but I just do not see us doing that with Poch.

We’ve finished third and second in the last two seasons but now we should just shrug and say “oh well we tried” and accept that we can’t go higher than that?? A strange take on things but oh well.

As if Poch didn't start out with an utter travesty of a team. We're competing with the top 6 right now and always give them a great game away. Fucking pricks, all the wums out in full force

I don't disagree but just one day ago you were cunting us off; calling us bottlers.

Fucking hypocryte!!!!

It’s not something that we have to worry about because it is a hypothetical discussion. Listen I like Poch, he has done a sterling job I just loath his startegy towards the supposedly lesser tournaments.

Funny, i thought it was his away record against the top 6 that was your issue....?

...Then it was the declaration that hes becoming the most overraed manger in the game?

Try and stay on top of your own BS... There's a 'clever' chap.

As I said during our pathetic spendthrift transfer window, where we stood still while all around us were spending money to strengthen their teams, a few poor results and the happy clappers would be on our managers back while the untouchable one again gets a free ride.. Lay of Poch, the guy's working fucking miracles in a financial straitjacket compared to our rivals

Except it isnt the "happyclappers" (as you put it) on Poch's back.... It's the melters and knee jerkers.

See my post above. 4 away wins in 86 attempts!
You can't keep blaming the manager when so many have tried and failed to go away to the top teams and compete.
There's a common denominator here that you and many others will always fail to acknowledge. But you'll always find a scapegoat. Be it Harry, BMJ, God, or Poch and the rest

The "common denominator" is the oppos superior wealth.... The graphs you insiat on turning your nose up at actually quantify this.

Honestly, some of you must relish living in a loop.

Funny, i thought it was his away record against the top 6 that was your issue....?

...Then it was the declaration that hes becoming the most overraed manger in the game?

Try and stay on top of your own BS... There's a 'clever' chap.

Forgive me I wasn’t aware that any critique of our manager was subject to limitations now. Would you care to point me to such a ruling?

I must say I do love this persistent ad hominem, it just demonstrates that you and the others who do this have no argument to make and have surrendered the discussion.

Last edited:
Why is our away record at the top 6 being flagged? Surely most of the other 5 around us are excellent at home so no one has a great away record.

For example not one of the top clubs won at WHL last year. Only Chelsea have won at Wembley this year, and that was fucking lucky. All the best teams have great home records. And the Goons certainly do ( did ) and always will....

Consider that even when we have been absolutely on fire the likely outcome of a derby game against them cunts is a draw. So in all honesty it’s better seen as a point dropped, especially considering last year’s result was a draw away.

Also despite the Sky TV narrative we were NOT FAVOURITES. Not one betting market had us ahead in the odds. Fact. So losing is no surprise.

Now I accept the performance was not right, but we already know with our team that when they are expecting to win, the wheels come off. It’s happened before. One day it won’t happen again, and it’s the coaching teams role to figure out how it stops.

I believe they will learn more about this group yesterday than they did v Madrid.... point lost but lessons learned hopefully. Losing yesterday was not a surprise, if we ended up 5th in May well that would be a surprise...

One result will not change my complete belief in the manager at all. He's done a sublime job to get us in the conversation as a title challenger and qualifying to the CL knockouts on a negative net spend and well known wage structure. We're finishing above teams who each summer spend hundreds of millions. We dismantled the European champions. His coaching and way of tapping into players is special. Players who you never thought much of are some of the best in their position.

My gripe is his attitude to cups. We need a trophy.....

We have reached our ceiling in the league, our natural postion is 6th and our current position isn’t sustainable, we do not possesss the capacity to retain our best personnel so inevitably we will regress in the( I suspect near) future. We have seen that with similar clubs to our standing on the continent. The key is we take advantage of what we have whilst we have it. We are not an elite club ( and won’t be anytime soon without major structural changes in the game) but we have an elite side (for now). Elite sides win silverware and by that standard we are not realising that. One of the main reasons for that is this absurd mindset that we have adopted that we are supposedly above the lesser tournaments. That’s coming from the club but also from a large contingent of our supporter base as well. Is it any wonder when we don’t win anything when we make the league and CL our main priority? This isn’t about spend it is about capitalising on what we have now and avoiding another wasted generation like the Redknapp era.

What Long term strategy? Is that the same one we have had since 2004 then? Invest in youth, develop our infrastructure and build for the future. Well that future is now, it is here, we are unlikely to get a better team than this anytime soon but supposedly we need to keep living in tomorrow?!? That’s the solution here. I’m not advocating changing our manager, I merely stated that I believe the likes of Anchelotti and Simone to be a better manager than him ( few would dare to try to argue otherwise). That if the situation arose such as if Poch were to leave then we would be in a better position to win silverware because not only are they more talented they have the experience of doing this.

Jeeeesus christ! ...You are SO boring!!!!!

Why is our away record at the top 6 being flagged? Surely most of the other 5 around us are excellent at home so no one has a great away record.

For example not one of the top clubs won at WHL last year. Only Chelsea have won at Wembley this year, and that was fucking lucky. All the best teams have great home records. And the Goons certainly do ( did ) and always will....

Consider that even when we have been absolutely on fire the likely outcome of a derby game against them cunts is a draw. So in all honesty it’s better seen as a point dropped, especially considering last year’s result was a draw away.

Also despite the Sky TV narrative we were NOT FAVOURITES. Not one betting market had us ahead in the odds. Fact. So losing is no surprise.

Now I accept the performance was not right, but we already know with our team that when they are expecting to win, the wheels come off. It’s happened before. One day it won’t happen again, and it’s the coaching teams role to figure out how it stops.

I believe they will learn more about this group yesterday than they did v Madrid.... point lost but lessons learned hopefully. Losing yesterday was not a surprise, if we ended up 5th in May well that would be a surprise...
Goons have a 100% home record this year thus far in PL. Throw in a sub par Spurs & some refereeing brainfarts, and is it any wonder they came away with the points?
They needed Mike Fucking Dean trying to show how unbiased he was in order to get their noses in front.
Fuck em. I’m over it already. They are cunts & will finish below us this year. Let them have their moment in the sunshine. It’s back to Wenger out & in fighting before too long.

Forgive me I wasn’t aware that any critique of our manager was subject to limitations now. Would you care to point me to such a ruling?

Nothing of the sort suggested...

Merely that (like others have pointed out) you are contradictory and inconsistent.

(+ a slimey question dodger)

I must say I do love this persistent ad hominem, it just demonstrates that you and the others who do this have no argument to make and have surrendered the discussion.

Whatever... You keep 'winning', you confused, self-righteous muppet

Back
Top Bottom