Brighton at Wembley - 13th Dec.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got home, via liv Street for two. Sorry for leaving early, but it’s a shitter on Wembley way.

Three points will do, get me back to the lane .

It’s fucking awful. Don’t blame anyone for leaving early from there - for these late kick offs when it’s clear the game is done and dusted.
Honestly don’t know how long we would have been standing there if everyone left at Full Time. 1hr+ probably.

Just going to shamelessly repost this from the 2nd December.
:llorishowudoin:

[on Liverpool] That was us last season in our pomp.

They're in good patches while we're in a rut. We'll snap out of this sooner rather than later and I'd bet that their forms will dip in kind. Still an awfully long way to go.

Didn't even think we'd catch Liverpool and the scum this quickly (though yes, I'm aware we'll probably fall behind again at the weekend).

Just back. Enjoyable game of watching a team defend deep.
But at least with Rose and Aurier on the pitch we can attack down the outside.

I’m not sure on the attendance but amazed if it was above 50k. Loads of empty seats, probably should have been a game to shut the upper tier for.
But considering the kick off and shitty weather a decent number.

And despite half the crowd leaving early still ended up queuing for the train.
So looking forward to being back in Tottenham.

3 points anyway. That’s all that matters tonight.

Heard it was 42k

I left early and don't give a fuck what some cunts at home in the warm with a twitter account think.

Algeria (Saïb)
Cameroon (Atouba, Bassong and Assou-Ekotto)
Côte d'Ivoire (Aurier)
Egypt (Ghaly and Mido)
Kenya (Wanyama)
Mali (Kanouté)
Morocco (Naybet)
South Africa (Mabizela)
Togo (Adebayor)

A couple of names you'd maybe rather not remember playing in our shirt in there!

You can add Nayim, from Ceuta, a Spanish enclave on the Moroccan coast
:adethumbup:

Heard it was 42k

I left early and don't give a fuck what some cunts at home in the warm with a twitter account think.
I stuck it out until the end but went the minute the whistle went, too cold to hang about.
Not the most exciting of games to be fair, but three points in the bag and back to 4th made it worthwhile.
I didn't really celebrate Serge's goal as I thought it was going to be disallowed, as the linesman had his flag up. Don't care how they go in, we deserved the rubber of the green for the amount of possession we had.
Nice to see Chrissie again and apart from when they play us, I hope Brighton go onto consolidate their position in the premier league.

I stuck it out until the end but went the minute the whistle went, too cold to hang about.
Not the most exciting of games to be fair, but three points in the bag and back to 4th made it worthwhile.
I didn't really celebrate Serge's goal as I thought it was going to be disallowed, as the linesman had his flag up. Don't care how they go in, we deserved the rubber of the green for the amount of possession we had.
Nice to see Chrissie again and apart from when they play us, I hope Brighton go onto consolidate their position in the premier league.

Yeah, I thought it was going to be called back for a Spurs free kick!

Streamed the game last night and it felt like an ugly win to me. We had lots of posession and carved out quite a few chances but they didn't feel clear cut enough for me. I don't mind those sorts of games as long as we get the win like last night.

The team seemed to struggle to get out of third gear with the exception of Son and Lamela last night. Rose seems to be playing like a man on borrowed time and his body language looks pretty negative IMO. I just hope he picks up some form and starts playing the way he did last season. I'd like us to keep him but his demeanour suggest otherwise right now.

It’s fucking awful. Don’t blame anyone for leaving early from there - for these late kick offs when it’s clear the game is done and dusted.
Honestly don’t know how long we would have been standing there if everyone left at Full Time. 1hr+ probably.
Fucking right, i leave early most games from there now, some aways too.
Pisses me off when people have a pop for that, probably done more games than most of them over the years.
Know another bloke who's in his 60's now who's a known face by many, he's done thousands of games but usually leaves early these days.

Just going to shamelessly repost this from the 2nd December.
:llorishowudoin:

Didn't even think we'd catch Liverpool and the scum this quickly (though yes, I'm aware we'll probably fall behind again at the weekend).

Yes it's more than likely that we'll be back in 7th by the end of the weekend BUT we have a reasonable set of fixtures over xmas, a period which, under Poch, we traditionally do very well in. The Gooners have to play Liverpool and Chelsea at home.

Back
Top Bottom