Other Stadiums and Training Grounds

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How is the olympic stadium in terms of atmosphere?
its ok..the thing is, everyone is cheering at omce during the events. no competition between supporters, no sudden silence when the visitors go 3-0 up...its difficult to judge the atmosphere during an event like the paralympics (when I went) to a football match.

all i can say is, going by the wet ham mock ups, 8 metres at the closesy point is a huge gap. and the gap behind the goals is massive.

West Ham Olympic Stadium
ANnFIGr.jpg

Yellow Line 8m, Red Line 20m
bqcGsr6.jpg
3s6QOun.jpg
tHlYxzF.jpg
Just looks... wrong. And not simply because it's clad in West Ham colours.

Would bet that it'll have a terrible atmosphere - especially if they struggle to sell seats (which will undoubtedly happen).

Are they even allowed all the claret and blue regalia?

I heard they wanted statues of West Ham legends (stop laughing) but were denied.

In any case I hope our ground doesnt follow the trend of bubble shaped rubbish that's being built recently.

What is wrong with a right angle?

You can always lay out the inside in a circular style while leaving the outside angular, it would feel more like WHL that way.

Just looks... wrong. And not simply because it's clad in West Ham colours.

Would bet that it'll have a terrible atmosphere - especially if they struggle to sell seats (which will undoubtedly happen).
I may have the wrong end of the stick here but I was led to believe that they can't brand the stadium permanently. I thought that all West Ham stuff/branding was to be temporary and has to be put and and taken down with after each game played. May be I'm wrong.

I may have the wrong end of the stick here but I was led to believe that they can't brand the stadium permanently. I thought that all West Ham stuff/branding was to be temporary and has to be put and and taken down with after each game played. May be I'm wrong.
things changed alot from the time when we were bidding to when they were sole bidders. who fucking knows now

Here we go again

Fiorentina new stadium

[
fiorentinanew3.jpg

New Southend stadium

Uk1OfMn.jpg
ZwB5sio.jpg
Ls5yDPK.jpg

FC Bayern youth training center

o6s7x.jpg
chsd4.jpg

Schalke new training ground

hugo-158400692-LASTSQ.jpg

Bökelbergstadion, Borussia Mönchengladbach old stadium

Bokkelbergstadion.jpg

bokelberg7.JPG

35378895.jpg
836568968.jpg
BeGu9WGCAAEXCRo.jpg
Gladbach_Fans.JPG

That’s a few years back. It has undergone a massive refurbishment at immense cost.

Photos et images de West Ham United: Rush Green Training Ground General Views | Getty Images

All of £15k there surely
Next level?

:dembelelol::eriksenlol::levylol::vert::sonlol::pocheyes:
This is gonna sound sad but most teams up here in the Swedish league would kill to have a training ground on that level. A few of the big clubs do but the teams from smaller cities often have to make do with very basic gyms (or sponsorship deals with local gyms) and just train on their game day pitch.

One man's garbage another man's gold I guess.

I thought fiorentina were broke, Only way they get that stadium is if Italy bribes its way into hosting a major tournament and they rebuild stadiums from public tax money, like many other countries have done.

I thought fiorentina were broke, Only way they get that stadium is if Italy bribes its way into hosting a major tournament and they rebuild stadiums from public tax money, like many other countries have done.
The original club went bankrupt in 2001-2002. But the phoenix club as far as I know is not and is owned by a wealthy fashion manufacturer.

They can't manage to average even 30k and some cup games they get less than 10k .... how they can justify a new 40k stadium, when they can't fill the old 47k stadium, is a bit odd .....
Went fiorentina away a couple of years ago....
The away end was shocking and in Dier need of knocking down and moving a couple of kilometres closer to the pitch

Back
Top Bottom