Your opinion on these ex Spurs players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And what did he go on to win after his move?
What did we win after his move?

Granted at UTD there times he could have been used more effectively but that is the thing about UTD they are able to have such a large squad packed with talent and Fergie knew how to get the best out of his players.

Your argument was that he was too good for us. I disagree. Yes he won plenty at United but come on that was more down to them having players like Ronaldo and Rio and Vidic and Tevez and Evra and peak Rooney than because they signed Michael blooming Carrick!

;-)

Cheers ArcspacE ArcspacE a good read.
I see lots of love for Michael Carrick but...I honestly don't get it. Am I wrong and why?
Other clubs fans never understood Carrick, I think you had to watch him week in week out to see how good he was.

Didn't have pace, didn't score much, but amazing close control and an absolute master of the through ball.

Your argument was that he was too good for us. I disagree. Yes he won plenty at United but come on that was more down to them having players like Ronaldo and Rio and Vidic and Tevez and Evra and peak Rooney than because they signed Michael blooming Carrick!

;-)
I still stand by my statement he was too good for us and I don't blame him for wanting a move to a side that had more prospect of winning trophies.
You take a couple of players out the side we had at the time and we were just a good side and not a decent side fighting to win the prem or even the champions league, if he came along now and was in our side we would all be screaming not to let him go as we look a far more attractive side than what we were when we had him.

did sissoko not refuse to play for newcastle until he was sold, now hes playing for us - is he a massive cunt or is it only if one of our players does it to us and forces a move (like Berbaov) that they become a cunt?

did sissoko not refuse to play for newcastle until he was sold, now hes playing for us - is he a massive cunt or is it only if one of our players does it to us and forces a move (like Berbaov) that they become a cunt?

They were relegated though. Big difference in my book plus they actually wanted to sell him albeit not on the 'cheap'.

You are correct.

Lots of fans fail to realise that players will always looks after numero uno i.e. themselves.

Sure it's nice to see some loyalty, but it's a short career and you have to do what's best for your career. Some players wan to live in nice cities and/or win trophies, and that's just that. Coutinho gave 5 years to Liverpool, and they were never going to win anything. He's moving to one of the best cities in Europe and will be playing with some of the best players to have ever graced a football pitch. Plus, he's guaranteed to add a few medals to his collection before he retires. At 25, this was the perfect time for him to move on.

Spurs were nowhere near contending for a PL title in 2008. Berbatov joined what was the best team in Europe at the time, and got to play with the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Giggs and Vidić. He earned good money and won lots of trophies. Fans needs to accept that. He did what was best for his career at that time. It was the last chance to make a big move. They often don't happen once you turn 28.

;-)

Carrick was an integral part of the 2006/2007, 2007/2008, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 United sides.

If he was Spanish, he would have been more appreciated. Players like Carrick and Alonso are a dying breed.

Every young player wants to be a no.10 or false 9 now.

Carrick was an integral part of the 2006/2007, 2007/2008, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 United sides.

If he was Spanish, he would have been more appreciated. Players like Carrick and Alonso are a dying breed.

Every young player wants to be a no.10 or false 9 now.

Sigh. He wasn't the reason why they won all those trophies though.

As for your other post. Ffs. If people want to hate on Berba, Sol or any player for leaving Spurs then let them. I guess should Kane or Dele leave us in the summer you'll be offering to give them a farewell kiss and wishing them good luck!

As for your other post. Ffs. If people want to hate on Berba, Sol or any player for leaving Spurs then let them. I guess should Kane or Dele leave us in the summer you'll be offering to give them a farewell kiss and wishing them good luck!
Sol is completely different

Unless you're a unique attacking player like Ronaldo or Messi, you're never going to be the reason why a team wins trophies. It's a team sport, and every player needs the right environment & conditions to perform. Real without Makélélé being the obvious example. Carrick replaced Keane in an indirect way. He offered balance to the team, which allowed Rooney and Ronaldo to do their stuff at the right end of the pitch.

You're the worst kind of person; bitter. Hopefully your wife leaves you and you breakdown, resulting in a stint at a mental institution.
:dembelefingers:

To an extent. He still went somewhere where he earned more money, remained in a good city and won lots of trophies. According to our above friend we should be more understanding about it and actually wish them well. ;-)

Obviously joining fierce rivals is a bit different. Keane and Berbatov left for contenders.

If De Gea left United for Barcelona, then fair enough. But joining Real, having coming through the ranks at Atlético, is a bit scummy.

Unless you're a unique attacking player like Ronaldo or Messi, you're never going to be the reason why a team wins trophies. It's a team sport, and every player needs the right environment & conditions to perform. Real without Makélélé being the obvious example. Carrick replaced Keane in an indirect way. He offered balance to the team, which allowed Rooney and Ronaldo to do their stuff at the right end of the pitch.

You're the worst kind of person; bitter. Hopefully your wife leaves you and you breakdown, resulting in a stint at a mental institution.
:dembelefingers:

Ha, fuck you too Professor!

If people wish to be bigger then let them. As I said above, I guess if Harry joins Real this summer you'll be happy for him. Bigger club, better weather, more money, more chance of winning trophies...hell, when you think about it why the fuck should he even contemplate staying at Spurs!

I don't even care about Carrick or Berba really, they both left a decade ago. My original point is that when Carrick left us we weren't exactly no-hopers and were one game away from qualifying for the CL. I didn't consider him too good for us at the time but I guess I was wrong about that.

• Darren Anderton - Class but unlucky with injuries. Part of "famous 5" therefore forever in folklore.
  • Sol Campbell - Cunt
  • Robbie Keane - Quality then deteriorated. Was done when he left and should have never have been taken back.
  • Jermain Defoe - If he had the intelligence to understand the offside rule could have been one of the best in the world. Clinical outside the box but history books will not have stats on the huge volumes of chances stopped in their infancy due to a poorly timed run. Like Keane, should have never come back.
  • Aaron Lennon - Again quality for a season or two but lost his way.
  • Tom Huddlestone - No real opinion but the proof is in where he moved on to. Ultimately the team improved around him and he was no longer good enough as we moved away from being mid-table fodder.
  • Michael Carrick - Class, very underrated. Moved to United, was a regular and won everything which should tell any doubters.
  • Wilson Palacios - Immense for a brief time.
  • Dimitar Berbatov - Quality. Simply world class, a pleasure to watch. Can't blame him really for moving on although I wished he would have stayed. Would have been worth having back when he went to Fulham.
  • William Gallas - No strong opinion. Don't really think of him as Spurs obviously.
  • Rafael van der Vaart - All too brief. Not at club long enough to be a legend.
  • Luka Modrić - Class. No hard feelings.
  • Gareth Bale - World Class in a bad squad. Saved us infinite amount of times. Sold for a world record fee which we obviously should have done more with.
  • Emmanuel Adebayor - Massive cunt. Inexplicable singing. Unlike Sol he wasn't a confirmed cunt before. There was previous in spades here, we could all see it. Should never have been made permanent.
  • Nabil Bentaleb - Overrated for a brief time. Kind of forgettable now.

If people wish to be bigger then let them. As I said above, I guess if Harry joins Real this summer you'll be happy for him. Bigger club, better weather, more money, more chance of winning trophies...hell, when you think about it why the fuck should he even contemplate staying at Spurs!

I don't even care about Carrick or Berba really, they both left a decade ago. My original point is that when Carrick left us we weren't exactly no-hopers and were one game away from qualifying for the CL. I didn't consider him too good for us at the time but I guess I was wrong about that.

If Kane joined Accrington Stanley, I wouldn’t care. I don’t support Spurs. But to get in a huff should he decide to join the most successful and probably biggest club in history for a world record fee, is plain silly.

Spurs weren’t taken seriously until Poch took over. The club had a brief stint of hope with Harry in charge, but nothing like we’re seeing now.

If Kane joined Accrington Stanley, I wouldn’t care. I don’t support Spurs. But to get in a huff should he decide to join the most successful and probably biggest club in history for a world record fee, is plain silly.

Spurs weren’t taken seriously until Poch took over. The club had a brief stint of hope with Harry in charge, but nothing like we’re seeing now.

If you don't support then why the fuck are you on here? That's bloody weird.

Also, not taken seriously? Fuck you and fuck off!

Back
Top Bottom