Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too many players playing badly. Dier (first half) Llorente Wanyama, Trippier, foyth & Walker Peters not really good enough yet. However Sissoko had a decent game. Why no Eriksen as 3rd sub. Even if ill surely if on bench could manage 10 mins. Just glad still in it and know from previous cup wins that a lucky escape does not mean you cannot win it.
I worry some times if our success these last few years have started to go to some of our younger players heads. It is usually the younger players that tend to slack off against "lesser" teams. Where as the seasoned veterans tend to be more professional.

A downside to relying on youth so much I guess.

We're going out and we deserve nothing less.

Poch takes this one for the second week in a row.

You must be really pissed off that this little gem didn't come true.
If we'd lost you could have filled pages about how being so ABSOLUTELY RIGHT you were - you have could bored us all rigid, for days.

You must go to bed every night dreaming of the Poch Out train pulling into sight, with your seat reserved and waiting.

Would have been a different game if we had more creativity on there from the start. That line-up was horrible. Quite frankly i'm just happy we didn't lose, and respect where it's due really. I'll take the replay over a humiliation which looked likely as we hit the 80th minute. Poch didn't pick the right team though.

So when is the replay, usually about a week to,10days before the next round.
Ie replays for 3rd round 16th of Jan
Fifth round is on Feb 18th
So please don’t say this will be squeezed in between Liverpool and Woolwich.

Can’t see any other date.
So Man U Wednesday, Liverpool Sunday, Newport Wednesday, Woolwich Saturday. Juventus Tuesday And if we win, FA cup fifth round Saturday /Sunday.
Time for our great squad with depth to come through.

We are fucked.
Wanyama far from match fit. Winks, Toby Rose probably still not match fit, if available for selection.
What do we prioritise here. league?

Last edited:
Arrogance and poor mentality leading to a pathetic result.

The players think the are the elite now because of the past two seasons. So they stroll around against lower sides in the league and in the domestic cups like teams are going to lay down for them. So many lower table sides in the PL and in the league cup we've strolled around like our mere presence is an honour for the opposition. That's poor mentality and, sadly, Poch doesn't seem to have been able to turn it around yet this season. This is not a title winning side (yet).

Team full of primadonnas, managed by a man with one eye on a job in spain, club is run by a bloke who wouldn't look amiss on crimewatch selling second hand jewellery and we don't currently have our own stadium.

Fuck it all.
You realise we might have a new stadium next year, yes?:deledoubt:

You must be really pissed off that this little gem didn't come true.
If we'd lost you could have filled pages about how being so ABSOLUTELY RIGHT you were - you have could bored us all rigid, for days.

You must go to bed every night dreaming of the Poch Out train pulling into sight, with your seat reserved and waiting.

But it did come true.
You think Im going to say the formation and set up was perfect because we equalised.
I stand by my view. The line up is on Poch.

Im not a sheep Mick.....I dont say things just because Poch does. Im comfortable saying he got it wrong, and happy to praise him most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom