Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You might be on to something there explains how he went from potential clogger to superstar in such a short timeframe. And finally puts to bed where Soldado’s goal scoring touch went
It’s all making sense now...it all adds up...
tenor.gif

RealCoolYid RealCoolYid

Wow.

Calm down lads. It was said in jest as a sample of the type of kneejerk bollocks that is written on lots of forums of all clubs after such a result.

I have a feeling a couple of you might have known that, if you didn't then I suggest you wake up a little.
Well whatever nuance I missed wasn't obvious ..., taking it on face value ... it remains disagreeable

If there's an underlying tone that depicts melty posters of other clubs then..... ok

Im proud that the team hung in there, kept battling and didn't panic in a really difficult situation.A less MIGHTY TOTTENHAM could have suffered the same fate as Woolwich and West Ham.

Today's performance disgusted me. The attitude, application and a formation was a joke.

Those that went deserve their money back.
Weird that you want us to spend gazillions on players but today satisfied you

Well that was a horrible game that could have ended a lot worse. My concern is that we didn't play at Southampton and today was lacklustre against a team who in the first half were more up for it than we were. The strange thing is I feel quite confident with playing Manchester United next, which either makes me knowing and wise or a fucking idiot..

Well that was a horrible game that could have ended a lot worse. My concern is that we didn't play at Southampton and today was lacklustre against a team who in the first half were more up for it than we were. The strange thing is I feel quite confident with playing Manchester United next, which either makes me knowing and wise or a fucking idiot..
I feel you. It feels like a lot of our younger lot tend to switch off for the "lesser" games but come in locked and loaded for the bigger ones. I guess it is something that they will have to learn but I would prefer if they did learn it now.

You seldom get these glaps in focus and professionalism from our senior players like Vertonghen, Lloris, Sissoko and Dembéle

Today's performance disgusted me. The attitude, application and a formation was a joke.

Those that went deserve their money back.
Come on Sammy. Supporting Spurs is not for pussys

Those that went earned their stripes and they'll have other away days a wash with glory

I think we need to spend money to improve the team yes. Tonight offered further evidence of that. But the team out on the pitch tonight showed some steel and calmness to get us out of a really embarrising situation. I cant see why those two opinions clash tbh.

That duality trans dimensional simulation logic

I think we need to spend money to improve the team yes. Tonight offered further evidence of that. But the team out on the pitch tonight showed some steel and calmness to get us out of a really embarrising situation. I cant see why those two opinions clash tbh.

They clash because you dont feel that pride every week. You slag off the lack of quality when we do that in the PL, against top teams, but against postmen, you feel proud

I feel you. It feels like a lot of our younger lot tend to switch off for the "lesser" games but come in locked and loaded for the bigger ones. I guess it is something that they will have to learn but I would prefer if they did learn it now.

You seldom get these glaps in focus and professionalism from our senior players like Vertonghen, Lloris, Sissoko and Dembéle

It's a bit of a perfect set up, shitty conditions, a team with a bit of aggression, throwing in long balls, all things we're not used to and struggled to adapt. But we have had 2 games where, for different reasons, we've not created enough, that's the problem, whether that's not having Eriksen last week or missing Dele tonight. We must be sharper all round, we know any weakness will be punished by United, we can't afford to fuck up and that might be the kill or cure.

They clash because you dont feel that pride every week. You slag off the lack of quality when we do that in the PL, against top teams, but against postmen, you feel proud
Hmm' . I suppose you do have a point there.
I need to have good think about this before responding.

Tell that to people calling Sissoko and Llorente cunts

Ive not abused any player, simply saying that collectively we were shit and today wasnt a day that made me proud in any way.
I agree with you ... and I for one was calling Llorente out
All I'm saying is about you mentioned fans getting their money back

Don't want to become like that entitled soft mob down the road

Yes we need another creative player so fingers crossed for Moura but Poch made an error here...

The midfied wasn't right and the energy of Son and maybe a youngster like Georgiou was the right call. Surely Oakley Booth was worth a start over Sissoko too.

Back
Top Bottom