Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As much as I rant on here about how poor I think Sissoko has performed in our shirt effort alone puts him above Llorente who to me doesn't ever put a shift in. I guess I pick on S more coz he plays more. Will never ever forget L reaction to scum defeat . Notfittoweartheshirt.
Would agree Llorente looks as though he can't be arsed if we were 2-0 down the night with twenty to go he wasn't gonna dig us out? Sissoko is more mobile but to me lacks confidence,got into positions tonight and could have had a go but was always looking for the side pass but the passes were to guys that were in a worse position than he was!

Would agree Llorente looks as though he can't be arsed if we were 2-0 down the night with twenty to go he wasn't gonna dig us out? Sissoko is more mobile but to me lacks confidence,got into positions tonight and could have had a go but was always looking for the side pass but the passes were to guys that were in a worse position than he was!

I wonder if one of you clever chaps could produce a graph showing yardage of our players for tonight’s game

Reckon my lovechild Sissoko would be top

From the start to the very end he was covering and tracking back, helping out

Ok so some of his control isn’t great but most of his passes are ok

I really can’t understand the vitriol and bile shown against him

Compare him to Llorente for instance in the desire stakes alone

Llorente reminds me of Nicola Berti
Just here for a few quid

I wonder if one of you clever chaps could produce a graph showing yardage of our players for tonight’s game

Just here for a few quid
Let's sign Mo Farah , he can run more yards in 90 mins than almost anyone on the planet

Just here for a few quid
Baz I know you’re a staunch defender of him, but just look at his overall play.
His control is non existent for a supposed top tier professional & he passes like he has a club foot.
And let’s not even talk about his shooting.

Llorente is also shit. But that doesn’t make sissoko less shit. One is a shit snail the other is a shit cheetah. But they are both not good enough. And “but sissoko runs a lot and never quits” he doesn’t do more than he obvious should do for like 80k a week.

If he’s still on the squad July next season levy and poch are mad. He’s a Watford player at best.

Not sure I get the extreme negative reaction from so many internet plastics on here.

I actually think our side showed quite a bit of steel tonight. This was pretty much a no win situation, but the team did well to stay in it against an on form side playing the match oh their lives in difficult surroundings on an ugly pitch. It was far from a Spursy meltdown, apart from internet plastics again.

This was a proper FA Cup tie and any team would have found it challenging tonight. The replay will enable us to keep the full squad match fit at a time when several of our First Team could do with the game time.

I’m quite pleased for Newport but they won’t get as much money as they probably think they will. Attendance will be about 20k at £10 per head max. Won’t be many families due to timing. Still, their training ground will still be better than Wet Spam’s overgrown car park.

The manager has criticised his team for not wanting the cup enough! They were poor 1st half but deserved the draw. Ok fair enough we were poor and got out of jail but in previous cup games F.A and league,Europa and last seasons CL we fielded under strength teams which was the manager choice...Mm so surely the same can be said of the manager? If he doesn't pick his strongest possible team available then you could say he didn't want it enough either? As said many times we are not in a position to pick and choose which cups/competitions we'd like to do well in. Who would turn down the chance to be in this seasons Carabo cup final?

The one blindingly obvious point from tonights game was that without Eriksen we lack that one person in the middle of the park than can unlock the door. We need another creative playmaker as backup IMO

Back
Top Bottom