Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what you're talking about is Spurs supporters who don't share your view that Lamela is shit...? :avbcringe:

You and your Scottish Mangina seem to be quite sensitive to my opinion , have a read back and you will see my opinion he is a good player with good ability , it's just my opinion that he's the odd man out and a position in the squad we could strengthen quite easily. A Spurs fan could also be a Lamela fanboy.

I had to click show ignored content to see who that aimed at, no suprise it was that foul mouthed over user of exclamation marks with his silly Guy Fawkes mask.

Ooooh, the buuuurn!

....No qualms about being called a liar then, so long as i don't overdo the punctuation or use naughty words.

Says a lot right there.

Just to give some kind of recap of this heated argumentation -

I see ONE extreme hater who puts it way over the top and call PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE ELSE HERE to be fanboys and I see A LOT of more people with REALISTIC VIEW of the things who don't agree with one extremist.

I mean, I have not seen a single person here who would be anywhere near as extremist in praising Lamela. I think most of ppl here are like me - I am not saying that he is the Messi(ah) of our team. I am not saying he is best AM player in the club nor that if he would be leaving the club would collapse. No.
But I like having him as option to be used in AM position as he offers different skillset and option to rotate (and yes, at times it might mean playing time coming instead of Eriksen, Alli, Son, Lucas and god forbid, Sissoko :D ). I like his attitude and fighting spirit and I wish him to do well in our shirt. Just like I hope Son, Eriksen, Alli and Lucas to do well.

Just to give some kind of recap of this heated argumentation -

I see ONE extreme hater who puts it way over the top and call PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE ELSE HERE to be fanboys and I see A LOT of more people with REALISTIC VIEW of the things who don't agree with one extremist.

I mean, I have not seen a single person here who would be anywhere near as extremist in praising Lamela. I think most of ppl here are like me - I am not saying that he is the Messi(ah) of our team. I am not saying he is best AM player in the club nor that if he would be leaving the club would collapse. No.
But I like having him as option to be used in AM position as he offers different skillset and option to rotate (and yes, at times it might mean playing time coming instead of Eriksen, Alli, Son, Lucas and god forbid, Sissoko :D ). I like his attitude and fighting spirit and I wish him to do well in our shirt. Just like I hope Son, Eriksen, Alli and Lucas to do well.

But you've just slagged off and dismissed Sissoko, a player you obviously don't rate but some others may well do. Lamela is an option in certain games, but yesterday wasn't one of them in my opinion. I don't think he should start at home to Juve either. I'll explain why - because they'll be without Bernadeschi and their first choice right back De Sciglio and will have some lanky Swiss fella there instead. This makes it a tailor made game for Son to play in and cause them lots of problems by being direct, which Lamela can't do - hardly an "extremist" point of view, is it?

Jesus christ man. Who hurt you so bad your ego won't let you admit fault?

I've got many faults believe me. Being right or wrong about a footballer isn't something I overly dwell on. I'm surprised anyone would and the existence of such a notion within you says more about your character and life experience, with all due respect. Football ultimately for me is an escape from reality not a replacement for it.

This makes it a tailor made game for Son to play in and cause them lots of problems by being direct, which Lamela can't do - hardly an "extremist" point of view, is it?

While I get where you're coming from, and clearly Son is the more direct player, but Lamela is hardly a slouch in this respect. Against Italian teams week in, week out for Roma he was pretty much the definition of a direct player - scoring a large number of goals and one of the highest attacking dribble completions in the league.

I've got many faults believe me. Being right or wrong about a footballer isn't something I overly dwell on. I'm surprised anyone would and the existence of such a notion within you says more about your character and life experience, with all due respect. Football ultimately for me is an escape from reality not a replacement for it.
What grandiose nonsense. You were wrong. Deal with it.

He'll never play for Spurs again:harrylol:

He'll be sold in January:harrylol:

He'll never play in PL or CL for Spurs again :harrylol:

He'll never start an important game in PL or CL for Spurs again:harrylol:

He's not fucking giving up .

In fairness, if Sugar was still in charge we'd likely be begging for a player of Lamela's quality.

The only thing this tweet makes me realise is how grateful I am that he's nowhere near our fucking club anymore.

.....Yet, Lord Alan gets a 'like' from NW1Spur NW1Spur .

....Knows his stuff this lad. :sonpoint:

Back
Top Bottom