Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loved this post from a Brighton fan on a Guardian thread in reply to a post from some wanksock that started "I stopped supporting Woolwich after 50 years last December...":

"The team you lost to today had its ground sold out from underneath it, clung onto it's League status with a point on the last day of the season, survived a ground share fifty mules away, spent a decade playing on a makeshift pitch in the middle of a council athletics track and scrambled round the bottom two divisions for the best part of 20 years. But we still filled that crappy ground every week, we still filled our allocation at every away game and we never ever stopped singing that team through whatever adversity threw at it. And by the grace of god and true supporters -including two successive chairmen - with the money and energy to do something about it, we're reaping the rewards for patience and strength through harder times than clubs like Woolwich could ever conceive of (and I don't mean that disrespectfully, just that we come from different worlds).

So you do not - you absolutely fucking do not, ever - announce that you've quit supporting your team just because they don't make it into the Champions League any more. You carry on, you support them whatever happens, however lean the years become, because that's what real supporters do."

Preach AngloCeltSoundSystem, whoever you may be

Loved this post from a Brighton fan on a Guardian thread in reply to a post from some wanksock that started "I stopped supporting Woolwich after 50 years last December...":

"The team you lost to today had its ground sold out from underneath it, clung onto it's League status with a point on the last day of the season, survived a ground share fifty mules away, spent a decade playing on a makeshift pitch in the middle of a council athletics track and scrambled round the bottom two divisions for the best part of 20 years. But we still filled that crappy ground every week, we still filled our allocation at every away game and we never ever stopped singing that team through whatever adversity threw at it. And by the grace of god and true supporters -including two successive chairmen - with the money and energy to do something about it, we're reaping the rewards for patience and strength through harder times than clubs like Woolwich could ever conceive of (and I don't mean that disrespectfully, just that we come from different worlds).

So you do not - you absolutely fucking do not, ever - announce that you've quit supporting your team just because they don't make it into the Champions League any more. You carry on, you support them whatever happens, however lean the years become, because that's what real supporters do."

Afro Celt Sound System | Official Site

Give this man a title and land

I wish I could “like” this multiple times. Abso-fucking-lutely spot on. If we lost our manager, our players, our new stadium collapsed, and we sunk down the divisions, I would be completely heartbroken but I would still be a Spurs fan.

Last edited:

There is more red on there than their 'orrible home shirt.

I just love how the Europa League - the tin-pot trophy, the 'Thursday night Channel 5 cup' which they mocked us for being in and caring about over the years, has now become the be all and end all of their season.

The deluded way they talk about winning it without any irony is beautiful. How the so-called mighty have fallen.

Ha ha I just wish it was still on Channel 5 so I could tag every fecker that kept posting those terrible chanel number 5 pictures and tagging me.

I wonder how much more the europa league is worth in revenue now its on BT Sport instead of channel 5.

I wish I could “like” this multiple times. Abso-fucking-lutely spot on. If we lost our manager, our players, our new stadium collapsed, and we sunk down the divisions, I would completely heartbroken but I would still be a Spurs fan.

The melts would do well to remember this next time we get an unlucky draw or... heaven forbid... actually lose a match. The entitled are not far from our door these days. Luckily we've got an actual supporter base that still holds the majority.

The melts would do well to remember this next time we get an unlucky draw or... heaven forbid... actually lose a match. The entitled are not far from our door these days. Luckily we've got an actual supporter base that still holds the majority.
I think we also have a healthy habit on this forum at least of absolutely savaging the "Hey guys I started supporting the Hotspurs last week" crowd.

I think we also have a healthy habit on this forum at least of absolutely savaging the "Hey guys I started supporting the Hotspurs last week" crowd.

Are we really becoming one of those teams? I know when I was a kid seeing another Tottenham supporter was a fairly rare thing that I would point out to my parents (I'm from Kent not London), I was always either "the tottenham supporter" or "the other tottenham supporter".

I thought they where just more visible now that we are doing well ha ha.

Joe Clash Joe Clash does his bit to try to keep our overseas supporter base from growing. By my calculations, we'd have a bigger overseas supporter base than Liverpool if it wasn't for his sterling efforts to insult everyone who isn't from the UK England The South London his road.

Back
Top Bottom