Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bitterly disappointing, the tie was balanced so precariously and it was never a sure thing after that opening goal. We will keep our heads up and focus on the FA cup and the league. Securing Champions League in the new stadium is now the priority. Can't get away from the fact we have had a nightmarish few ties in the Champs league this year, to have played Real Madrid, Dortmund and Juve before even the quarter finals is absolutely brutal!

Bit raw at the moment.
Jesus that was savage, we just couldn't do enough to get the job done.
No disgrace or anything, we played well for most the game but made 2 bad ones and how many times we see teams score from 1st shot in target, I'm fucking sick of that shit tbh.
Crucially we couldn't really get Kane in the game either, they did a bit of number on us there. Sonny was brilliant, and most likely to score again.

Really sad to go out like that, we seemed to run out of steam a bit, the 2nd goal broke us...1 thing fighting back with 80 mins left, totally different against a team full of masters in the dark arts with 25 or so left...Pochy should have done subs a bit sooner. Why no Lucas either? Crying out for another dribbler higher up the pitch.

Fucking Juve though, typical dirty Italian non football. Snidey, spawny shitcunts. Lucky no reds for them tbf, although we dodged a bullet with the pen not given so evens up I guess.

We got to make sure we bounce back from this, if we are down, imagine how bonecrushing the player's disappointment is. Poch got to get them right with some loving.

COYS

Naivety and over-confidence cost us tonight. We played right into their hands. These cunts have done the same to better teams than us; we thought we could get through with energy and momentum, but against these lot you need steel and snide. We thought we were in control but they were just waiting for their chance, waiting for us to slow down, for less than just 5 minutes, and that's all they needed.

Sorry but that's bollocks. They rode their luck and could have been 3-0 down before they scored.

They were clinical and took full advantage, but it wasn't some massive master plan. They had to do something and they did, but our pressure was looking like we could score every time we went forward.

How can you think we wasn't in control? What Juve planned that all the shots they "let us have" wouldn't go in..?

- Beat Madrid
- Beat Dortmund twice
- Draw at the Bernebau
- Draw at the Juventus stadium

It's been a memorable one.

We've had worse games. We've lost to worse teams.

It hurts because they were good for about 30 minutes over 2 games and knocked us out, but every season under Pochettino we learn. We go again.
No. That was our chance. This result marks the beginning of the end for this team. Summer sell off. Poch will leave too.
Gutted.

For a supposed big club, Juve were one of the mediocre we've played against this season at Wembley. Like those draws against Bournemouth and Burnley earlier in the season. They will get trashed in this tournament by City or Madrid. Just so frustrating.

The CL is still a mythical land for us as proven by Davidson tonight. Was awesome all game, made a rash decision coming out of the line and Dybala scores.
When that rashness leaves him, he will be so good.
Slightly disappointed with Harry tonight. Looked like he simply ran out of steam after about 50 minuted

No, it’s not as if it’s a trait. You do know we came third in a two horse race?

We didn’t bottle that either. Leicester ran away with it, and the only team that came close to challenging them was us.

It’s natural to be angry and emotional after a loss like that, but we made one of the best teams in Europe over the last few seasons play every trick in the book, and at their very best, to get past us. Losing doesn’t equal bottling.

Fucking heartbreaking. But we need to be honest in our defeat and learn our lessons. When it comes to the biggest games, Trippier and Davies are simply not good enough. Lets not pretend otherwise. And if we want to push forward and make a mark in these competions, we need to keep players like Toby and Danny. We have shown we are a club that belongs at the top table. Lets keep hold of the players that can keep us there.

No. That was our chance. This result marks the beginning of the end for this team. Summer sell off. Poch will leave too.
Gutted.

I don't think this summer will be that time.

Not with the new stadium coming up.

But the FA Cup is crucial now and we REALLY need to continue to improve next season. Whether that's put in another title challenge, get a decent draw deep into the League Cup, hopefully defend our FA Cup trophy? Continuously improve in the Champions League etc.

Because if we fail to win anything this year AND next season then summer of 2019 could get real tough..

These nights are simply too big for Davies and Trippier bottled it tonight
Sadly I have to agree with this. As much as I love them for all that they give and without fuss, they are just too limited to take us much further as first choice players. Same with Dier in my opinion. I had been worried about Dembele coming into this, cause he looked like he was running on empty after giving everything in that run of tough games earlier on. Jan is occasionally prone to having a really off night, and this was one. Harry hasn't been at his deadliest best for a little while, looked static ton and against that caliber of defence he was never going to win too much physically.

They should have a pen but so should we with all that pulling on I think Diers shirt in the box
That kick on Son really should of been a red too.

Referring has been so so bad this season.

Back
Top Bottom