Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chiellini: "Spurs just need that little something to start winning games like this - a trophy, a spark, a something. when you can't win with great football you have to find another route. we used all our experience and know-how to win tonight.”

He's right you know.

Exactly what I think a FA Cup win would do to us. A taste for it.

A “get me” hint to Poch? :levyeyes::pochsmirk:

Good disciplined performance in the first half. Looked in control. I don’t know if Juve turned it on or we got complacent, but that is a hard result to take. Overall, our progress in Europe this season has been good. I just hope that we stick with it: fans and players. The project is still looking damn good.

I'm getting so much banter from friends United, Liverpool fans. My God, I don't know how I'm gonna get up tomorrow, can't stand them. But if I'm survived so many shit years, this would be nothnig, right.. It hurts too much.

Proud of this team, but we need Toby back!

Fit yes but overall I thought Sanchez played well

This thread is making me all nostalgic for when the forum was full of mostly 1882 movement types.

No wonder really that only a handful are left.

I genuinely wish the melters, Knee-Jerkers and over-reactors would either fuck off and find another forum or fuck off and 'support' someone else.

Just shows how tough this competition is to win and progress. In that 180 minutes we were the better side for more than 50% of the tie.

Yet Juve were more clinical in front of goal and we conceded 4 goals from 6 defensive mistakes. 5 from defenders and 1 from the DM. The 4 goals scored, the missed pen and Jan getting lucky with the no pen call.

I’m not going to fault Poch for that. We set up with a solid back 4 and played holding midfielders and still made 6 defensive errors. He can’t do much more to stop that from the sideline. Just shows how ruthless the champions league is, we have quality centrehalves and that includes the absent Alderweireld and Foyth, 4 quality fullbacks and Hugo and yet Juve forced us into too many errors.

We need to learn from these tough lessons as I feel we’ll be back in the CL next season.

Back
Top Bottom