Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PSG have spent close to a billion and have not gone close.

Woolwich were in the thing for years and zip.

The competition is damn hard and we got undone but we remain unbowed.

What we need and all we need to do now is forget the analysis of what cannot be changed and show that it was a 3 minute blip, significant but not terminal.

Sunday gives us the chance to make Chelsea's life very difficult but it is also a key step in ensuring we keep the solidly built nucleus.

My chest is out and my head is up.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed with the lack of concentration and professionalism they showed during the second half.

The back heel flicks, the show boating, the constant attacking despite the fact we didn't need to. I wish Poch had brought on Rose for Dele and moved Davies into a back 5. Or Wanyama on for Eriksen, moved Dier into a back 5. I wish we had just been negative and tried to see out the game, rather than pushing up to the half way line when we're already winning.

Not every game needs to be gung ho. Not every game needs to be pretty. I just don't get the defence pushing up so high at that point in the game. Keep it at 1-0 until the 75th minute and we're almost guaranteed to go through.

We need to learn to be Italian. Time waste. Go down. Keep the ball. Run it into the corner. Bring on more defensive players once winning. We did none of this. And yes, I know it isn't "The Spurs way", but the Spurs way has brought us fuck all Glory in the past decade and that's not the Spurs way either. I think Mourinho is a dickhead and his football terrible, but I would have enjoyed having him as our manager for the last 30 as I think we would have seen the game out.

Poch needs to react far more with his subs - something most of us already know by now. You can't simply put out an 11, wait until you're losing and then panic and throw every attacker you have on. We see this far too often.

Disappointed, not because we lost, but in the naive way we did so. We should have won tonight.

P.s. After seeing how toxic opposition fans have been on the BBC comments post I hope we absolutely fucking nail the FA Cup now more than ever.
I'm proud of the fact that our club does none of that shit and continues to go out and try to play the opposition off the park.
If that's what you want from your football go support a cheat at all costs club.

the 2 goals came from defenders sleeping, first one was Davidson should have been closer to Khedira to stop the flink header, the second one why was Tripper running with his arm up Just defend till the whistle blows
what can Poch do about players switching off

How everyone blames Davies for the 2 goals is beyond me, for the 1st goal probably he could have done better to not allow the player to cross it, bt also Dier and Sanchez allowed Khedira to head it freely to set up Higuain who was not tracked by Trippier and as for second goal Davies had nothing to do with it.

He may not had his best game bt it's not fair to blame him for other's mistakes.

How everyone blames Davies for the 2 goals is beyond me, for the 1st goal probably he could have done better to not allow the player to cross it, bt also Dier and Sanchez allowed Khedira to head it freely to set up Higuain who was not tracked by Trippier and as for second goal Davies had nothing to do with it.

He may not had his best game bt it's not fair to blame him for other's mistakes.

I'm proud of the fact that our club does none of that shit and continues to go out and try to play the opposition off the park.
If that's what you want from your football go support a cheat at all costs club.

I think a balance of what you say and the previous post because the need to react quickly and incisively is critical.

Their moves did us.

2 mistakes gave them 2 goals,
we did not lose our heads as we have done in the past, but again I feel it shows Poches is not a top manager, we carried on playing the same way, but they had changed their team layout and were ahead, we did not change anything

we did not lose our heads as we have done in the past, but again I feel it shows Poches is not a top manager, we carried on playing the same way, but they had changed their team layout and were ahead, we did not change anything
Yeah, it was Poches and Davidson. That’s whose fault it was.

Please go for a long deep walk in the sea.

Slept on it. Woke up disappointed.

Really should have finished them in the first half. Harry header late on must have been what 3 centimetres from the inside curve of the post? Fine margins at this level.

Had the chances (and the luck you need with the penalty shout) but just lacked the clinical edge you need in this competition.

At 1-0 the game was ours to lose.

Expect to see Toby and Rose sold and re-investment in the side in the summer. They are the clearest names we have done without and have some issues with, although I do hope Toby can be convinced to stay.

We’re getting better. Keeping the faith.

And in the wider world some saying Poch out?? Fucking unbelievable, I despair that I share air with some of these “fans”.

No excuses now. Full strength in the FA cup, let’s play one final game at Wembley this season.

We were dominating the game, driving into their team, playing quality football, we had almost 3 times as many attempts at goal and 3 times more shots on target.
What did you want him to change? Play to our lesser strengths and try to sit back and defend?
I don't want to support a team that plays football like a turtle, hiding behind its shell, doing nothing and then periodically sticking it's head out and snapping at what it can reach.
If that's the way you want to see your players behave then maybe you chose the wrong team.
It's better to die on your feet than live your life on your knees

Back
Top Bottom