Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s progression. Better than last season and we’ve been knocked out by a great team. They are hugely experienced and are chock full of multi title winners. I’d suggest this could be the difference, because as far as the football is concerned we were better than them.

It’s got me thinking again that a trophy of any kind is hugely important for us. Shows us how to win big and would again prove progression.

I've enjoyed the ride although it feels it's been cut short. Respect to Juve they gave us a lesson on how to get to the point. I never believed we would go all the way but it's disappointing the way it ended. COYS

Gutted. Had $10 on Son for first goal. It wouldn't make a difference if I had $1000 on it... Gutted.

Proud of the team. Juve will feel that they got away with robbery. Anyone calling us bottlers or weak are blind, dumb or a cunt. Likely all three.

Juve changed their setup and scored their 2 goals almost right away, now we are behind in the tie, they have gone to a back 4, what did Poch change ? nothing why ?
playing against a defending back 3 is different than playing a back 4,
if it was Jose/Pep would have changed the way their team played, they would have thought it though before the game (if they do that we do this etc)
that is why I say Poch is now a top manager, he the best manager we have had in a long time, he works on a shoestring budget, but there are things that he needs to learn

How everyone blames Davies for the 2 goals is beyond me, for the 1st goal probably he could have done better to not allow the player to cross it, bt also Dier and Sanchez allowed Khedira to head it freely to set up Higuain who was not tracked by Trippier and as for second goal Davies had nothing to do with it.

He may not had his best game bt it's not fair to blame him for other's mistakes.

Davies is just an easy scapegoat because he's not a glamourous name, the idiots always turn on him when the result is negative.

Juve changed their setup and scored their 2 goals almost right away, now we are behind in the tie, they have gone to a back 4, what did Poch change ? nothing why ?
playing against a defending back 3 is different than playing a back 4,
if it was Jose/Pep would have changed the way their team played, they would have thought it though before the game (if they do that we do this etc)
that is why I say Poch is now a top manager, he the best manager we have had in a long time, he works on a shoestring budget, but there are things that he needs to learn

So easy to be wise after the event , Juve will do that to a lot of teams it's why they win win win, we'll have learnt plenty last night.

playing... there are things that he needs to learn

So easy to be wise after the event , Juve will do that to a lot of teams it's why they win win win, we'll have learnt plenty last night.
The thing that grates the most is that they SHOULD have been changing their set-up to accommodate being a man down!

Stamping on an opponents leg is a sending off offence... the worst thing is that the Media will brush this off as "experience and nous" when in fact it gave them an unfair advantage that they clearly benefited from.

It's not the losing that hurts, we've lost before, and will again... it's more the ill-perceived notion that we're playing at the 'Top Table' and aren't good enough, or deserving to be there... And inevitably came up short.

And yet this 'Top Table elite' can stoop to Sunday morning PARK football tactics, and it's somehow lauded by Football.

One thought... imagine if DELE had done that to Higuain?
The witch hunt would've been in full flow by Half-time.

...and just think of the Media furore if Poch IMPLENENTED such dirty ARGENTINEAN tactics! He's be hung out to dry, and told that's NOT the English way of playing ... but it fucking gets results, doesn't it? Spoiling tactics always seem to!

It's double standards when it suits the narrative... and frankly, it fucking stinks!

Last edited:
the point i'm trying to make is poch should have thought before the game about what he would do if they went from a back 3 to back 4, or if we chasing the game who do I bring on etc,
its about having thing already in his mind ready to make changes

You can't post with a smile or a tone of voice.
I guess if you attack posts and not the poster it's less likely to offend

I like the fact that Joe flies off the handle. This place is a worse place without him , we’ve a few of them , Arc, troops ,goat, salmon , they may not be for everyone but they add the bite on this forum that makes it so special

I like the fact that Joe flies off the handle. This place is a worse place without him , we’ve a few of them , Arc, troops ,goat, salmon , they may not be for everyone but they add the bite on this forum that makes it so special
Agree Fur. Seems if you cunt the team off you can stay but if you cunt someone off for cunting the team off you get carded.
Free Joe

Not gone through all the thread yet...still too depressed. Few things...

* I agree with Poch that we were the better side and we'll learn from this and improve as we always do.

* Another painful thing about losing is that we've not proved to the media and other fans how good we are. The narrative against us will continue for a while longer.

* I don't want another Prem team to win the thing.

* We can't let it affect the rest of the season. We now have to take advantage of having to play less games by cementing top 4 and going full strength in the FA Cup.

* Need to get Harry another Golden Boot!

COYS!

Last edited:

& then you get dull trolls like multi , who sit In their little bedsit , angry at the world with little to add but misguided delusions of grandeur.. on a football forum !!! Just think about that for a moment , his goal is to antagonize ( because he’s lonely ) which feeds him the attention he so deeply craves.

I will divulge in his needs, sometimes because , with my work, I’ve seen people at the bottom of the barrel.

Hopefully I’ll meet him someday , I’m sure it would be hilarious

Israeli peice of shit??
Like arguing with other posters lol?

Yeah, that’s for you for the wife stuff. Thanks.

Fair enough mate, as I said was a off, jokey comment, don't take it to heart, didn't say anything personal about your missus did i?, bringing race into it is another level however, and jumping to racism over a bit of banter says a lot about you, but we probs should leave it here and leave this place for football

“Mostly drunken ranting” Fuck off you out of touch cunt. Bangkok Spud. Just fuck off. Spud? You stupid wanked out rinse out old bore.

Not interested mate. We got on fine until tonight, Make friends with someone else.

We got on fine until tonight? dont think we have ever spoken before?
When did I try and make friends with you?
anyways, think we best leave this page for the match haha

Well you got on my case and naturally other people who don’t like me lumped on too, so now I’ve got a yellow card. I know who it is, I never had you down for a cunt before, but I never claimed to be right all the time either.

How did I get on your case pal? You started by telling me to f off. You had a card even before I commented lol
I don't know enough about you to know any politics or insight behind users tbh, so have no idea who you are.
Think your deeping this forum too much mate, its meant to be fun, its not life or death, its not even a important aspect of our lives. End of the day it really all doesn't matter, maybe get some over hobbies?
We are all Spurs fans and should be united, we all are here for that reason alone.
JEEEEEEEEESUS!

Back
Top Bottom