Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barzagli and Chiellini should have been sent off. Barzagli should still receive a retrospective ban for his stamping on Son. This was the nature of Juve's undeserved victory.

As for us, we let our concentration slip amid our dominance. After we did that, our fans started to leave the ground early. Maybe they had meaningless early starts in their meaningless city office jobs. Who knows...

This was our team's last chance, and they have had plenty before. We have bottled the league twice and now we have continually bottled Europe. I don't want this team to continue. It won't win anything. The spirit isn't there. There is no grit.

The highlights of this era are a collection of fancy goals, flicks, and passes. We have won nothing. Nothing.

The players who can will leave soon. There is no reason for them to stay, and I'll be glad to see about 4 or 500M in revenue from the sale. Then we can return to mid table with the stadium paid off. We'll still have clips of flicks to celebrate from our cheaper, mid table outfit. It'll be more honest that way. We're wasting our time with this vacuous fantasy at the moment

& then you get dull trolls like multi , who sit In their little bedsit , angry at the world with little to add but misguided delusions of grandeur.. on a football forum !!! Just think about that for a moment , his goal is to antagonize ( because he’s lonely ) which feeds him the attention he so deeply craves.

I will divulge in his needs, sometimes because , with my work, I’ve seen people at the bottom of the barrel.

Hopefully I’ll meet him someday , I’m sure it would be hilarious
See the post below yours and think again. I know he's your buddy and you think youre holly than thou, try to think again about your hypocrisy.

My goal is to antagonize you, see above for the reason

I’m at work watching the match and we’re up 1 nil at the half. My boss pulls me into his office and gives an impromptu meeting for an hour. I come back to an interview with Dybala and then the score pops up 2-1 defeat. What the fuck!!! In full Spurs gear so everyone is like “oh that’s too bad what happened” or “oh I’m sorry about your team”. I just want to kick them all in the face. Bournemouth can’t come soon enough.

You wore a full kit to work?

So easy to be wise after the event , Juve will do that to a lot of teams it's why they win win win, we'll have learnt plenty last night.
One thing we are yet to learn but need to sharpish is how to close out a game. You may hate him but Mourinho would have shut up shop very effectively at 1-0, just like Allegri did at at 1-2.

When people talk about our naivety/inexperience, that's what they mean

He was cunting people off for defending the team. As well as his racial slurs and general abusive alcoholic nonsense. The shit stain of the forum
Maybe it's just me but I really don't get how people get so offended by words typed by strangers. It's not like we're a bunch of vulnerable kids who might be negatively affected by such. Maybe some go over the mark but is anyone really getting hurt.
I know who I'd rather go to a game with.

Managed to see the game and it was very good beyond the result. I think Spurs played two great legs, but showed lack of experience especially by his coach.
On the pitch for about 50-60 minutes Spurs were fantastic, but tactically the approach was naive. There was no need especially after scoring to raise the tempo and play for a second goal exposing the weakest link that as anticipated was the defense.

Juve has done the game they could and wanted to do. The team is not at peak form due to its many injuries but used the experience to stay in the game and then win it when Tottenham inevitably got a bit tired thanks to a couple of subs that changed the setup to a 4231 which immediately unsettled you. Allegri read well the match as usual but at the start he made a major mistake putting Barzagli a great aging central defender as RB on Son who murdered us. We were lucky not to concede more goals.
Anyway I know for you it is disappointing but I am sure that if you manage to keep this team, with experience it will become super, it is just a matter of a little more time. I knew it was a tough tie but not this tough despite all the difficulties I have never seen our defense tested so much except in the lost CL finals with Barca and Real, good luck with the FA cup

PS: referees were a joke

Last edited:
I live in Streatham

45 minute wait to the tube

Jubilee to green park

Victoria to Brixton

20 minute wait for a bus

20 minute bus

Screaming baby when I get home

Would I do it again tonight?

Yes I would

We lost a game we were in control of, Poch made some mistakes, the players made some mistakes. You can analyse the game and feel disappointed, that’s fine. But we just played juventus in a European cup knockout game. I remember watching us play Wimbledon at selhurst Park in a relegation 6 pointer. I would have killed for nights like this back then. Enjoy it, tomorrow is a new day. COYS

One thing we are yet to learn but need to sharpish is how to close out a game. You may hate him but Mourinho would have shut up shop very effectively at 1-0, just like Allegri did at at 1-2.

When people talk about our naivety/inexperience, that's what they mean
See your point but would Mourinho have progressed some of our players how Poch has. His team are no better than ours with all the cash spent

Walking back to Wembley Park station last night I heard more than a few people say, it’s not to bad as we weren’t going to win the CL anyway, am I the only one that thinks we could have won it?
I’m genuinely interested if you are of a simmilar Mindset, did you really think we had no chance of winning, or is this just a way for you to cope with the loss?
As I’m gutted, I believed after the group of death, and the 1st leg against Juve we could go all the way, and at half time 1 nil up could taste the victory, it was in our palms, only to snatched away by a sloppy few minutes! I’m gutted! I feel empty, but we need to move on as Sunday 3 points is a must, as next year we want to be right back in the CL, but if you don’t think we will ever win It , what’s the point?

I like the fact that Joe flies off the handle. This place is a worse place without him , we’ve a few of them , Arc, troops ,goat, salmon , they may not be for everyone but they add the bite on this forum that makes it so special
Can we have a minutes silence in the thread before the next game as a protest?
Admin Admin #freejoe!

Anyone just feel incredibly deflated this morning?

Just terribly frustrating that we keep dominating big cup games (Juve in both legs, Chelsea semi final etc) yet have absolutely nothing to show for it.

How many years pass before we stop blaming lack of experience?

See the post below yours and think again. I know he's your buddy and you think youre holly than thou, try to think again about your hypocrisy.

My goal is to antagonize you, see above for the reason

Christ you’re dull

Is this all you have in life?

Fancy a pint ?

Walking back to Wembley Park station last night I heard more than a few people say, it’s not to bad as we weren’t going to win the CL anyway, am I the only one that thinks we could have won it?
I’m genuinely interested if you are of a simmilar Mindset, did you really think we had no chance of winning, or is this just a way for you to cope with the loss?
As I’m gutted, I believed after the group of death, and the 1st leg against Juve we could go all the way, and at half time 1 nil up could taste the victory, it was in our palms, only to snatched away by a sloppy few minutes! I’m gutted! I feel empty, but we need to move on as Sunday 3 points is a must, as next year we want to be right back in the CL, but if you don’t think we will ever win It , what’s the point?

I don’t understand that mentality too, as what’s indeed the point if you convince yourself you’ve not got a chance at all? I’ve had a shit day (GMT +8 hours over here) mulling over the lost opportunity as we could have, and frankly, should have gotten across the line. It hurts because we believed, rather than accepting that we’re there to just make up the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom