Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t apologise, you’re more than welcome to your opinion.

I read this and wondered why Poch had publicly spoken about it, as it’s not usually his game. The referee didn’t have a great game. Juventus should have had a penalty, meaning Vertonghen would have seen a yellow earlier than he did. Barzagli was lucky to get away with the double stamp on Son. I don’t think Spurs had a clear penalty shout, a few hopeful ones. Maybe others will disagree, but if they were given against us I’d have been annoyed. It comes down to Allegri got his tactics spot on second half, and it threw us.

Thank you for the compliment on our football, Pochettino has turned us into a very good footballing team. We are a couple of players short of winning serious titles, but we’re going in the right direction.

To challenge ourselves against Juventus and outplay them for 3 out of 4 halves of football shows how far we have come. Good luck for the rest of your season, I hope Buffon gets his wish of lifting the Champions League, a true great of the game.
Many Thanks
Tottenham’s is ready for to stay in “ Olympo” of football.
I hope for you in Kane: new Totti ( Spurs for life). You are very english-symbol.
Now you now need experience for the last step.

And why do Juve fans keep bringing up the penalty? Yes it should have been given and you MIGHT have scored it. BUT there was ages to go in the match and you might have lost it from then onwards.
It wasn't a last minute penalty ffs.
well... as another Juve fan I can say that the penalty is brought up by Juve fans because the whole referee topic was brought up by Pochettino. Sincerely I had a great respect to this man for how he changed Spurs to such a great and hard opponent, but these words surprised me.
Again, after that words I start thinking "what have you seen as referee's favour for Juve in that game?" and see in my mind not given penalty and Kane's header from offise unseen. What then was conditioned by Marotta-Agnelli?

Thank you for both games. You were really dominating (and it's your style of play), but we gained maximum from minimum (and this one often helps us).
I hope to see both teams again in 1-2 year in CL final ;)

Do think it's appropriate for the president/owner of Juventus to talk to the match officials?

I don’t think in Agnelli’s pressure to referee.
Andrea Agnelli’s very clear person different from Mourinho ( many times Mourinho’s game is nervous, provocation, pressure, grimace).

Why do you dirty a great game between top clubs?

And why do Juve fans keep bringing up the penalty? Yes it should have been given and you MIGHT have scored it. BUT there was ages to go in the match and you might have lost it from then onwards.
It wasn't a last minute penalty ffs.

And also no mention of the blatant shirt pulling from them at every corner.
Any one of those could have been given as a penalty.

well... as another Juve fan I can say that the penalty is brought up by Juve fans because the whole referee topic was brought up by Pochettino. Sincerely I had a great respect to this man for how he changed Spurs to such a great and hard opponent, but these words surprised me.
Again, after that words I start thinking "what have you seen as referee's favour for Juve in that game?" and see in my mind not given penalty and Kane's header from offise unseen. What then was conditioned by Marotta-Agnelli?

Thank you for both games. You were really dominating (and it's your style of play), but we gained maximum from minimum (and this one often helps us).
I hope to see both teams again in 1-2 year in CL final ;)
Mate, I don't know what you have been reading (I guess the media have spun this in some why that makes Poch look like he's complaining). But click on the press conference link I posted a moment ago at the end of it you can hear his actual words.

I don’t think in Agnelli’s pressure to referee.
Andrea Agnelli’s very clear person different from Mourinho ( many times Mourinho’s game is nervous, provocation, pressure, grimace).

Why do you dirty a great game between top clubs?
Click on the youtube link in the thread that I've posted and hear Poch's words himself. There is no disrespect at all. He was asked a direct question about Angelli talking to the match officials by a journalist (the Journalist is Tom Collomosse), the story about Angelli was written by a Journalist for L'Équipe, he was the one that spotted him talking to the match officials, so he wrote about it.

Why was Angelli talking to the match officials? What's your option on it?

Managed to see the game and it was very good beyond the result. I think Spurs played two great legs, but showed lack of experience especially by his coach.
On the pitch for about 50-60 minutes Spurs were fantastic, but tactically the approach was naive. There was no need especially after scoring to raise the tempo and play for a second goal exposing the weakest link that as anticipated was the defense.

Juve has done the game they could and wanted to do. The team is not at peak form due to its many injuries but used the experience to stay in the game and then win it when Tottenham inevitably got a bit tired thanks to a couple of subs that changed the setup to a 4231 which immediately unsettled you. Allegri read well the match as usual but at the start he made a major mistake putting Barzagli a great aging central defender as RB on Son who murdered us. We were lucky not to concede more goals.
Anyway I know for you it is disappointing but I am sure that if you manage to keep this team, with experience it will become super, it is just a matter of a little more time. I knew it was a tough tie but not this tough despite all the difficulties I have never seen our defense tested so much except in the lost CL finals with Barca and Real, good luck with the FA cup

PS: referees were a joke
Good post but I disagree with you when you say that that we did not need to go after the 2nd goal. We cannot defend as well as Italians and there is no way I wanted to see us sit back and defend for the whole of the 2nd half. We would not have lasted. I wanted a 2nd goal, so that we could relax a little in the last 10 mins. Juventus front men were always dangerous and allowing them to come at us was asking for trouble. We were doing well against juventus defence and really should have had the 2nd goal and then could hold back a bit.
Re the Ref there was no way he was going to give any controversial decision such as a penalty or sending off.

Why the fuck is any of the Juve hierarchy chatting to officials in the tunnel? It's simply inappropriate, classless and unprofessional. You wouldn't get Levy behaving like that and nor would I try and justify it if he did

Click on the youtube link in the thread that I've posted and hear Poch's words himself. There is no disrespect at all. He was asked a direct question about Angelli talking to the match officials by a journalist (the Journalist is Tom Collomosse), the story about Angelli was written by a Journalist for L'Équipe, he was the one that spotted him talking to the match officials, so he wrote about it.

Why was Angelli talking to the match officials? What's your option on it?

I am assuming they protested for the penalty that was really ridiculous since all 3 officials had a very clear view, clearly officials were so impressed that they were allowing a last minute goal that was 1 meter offside. To be honest I am very surprised by these comments, up to now I had a very good opinion of him

Interesting that everyone sees it as a clear penalty. From the stands (and without the benefit of a replay) it looked very much like swan dive. (I haven’t watched any highlights).
Dead right. It looked very fishy. Replay shows it was a pen, but ref doesn’t have that luxury.
The ref then let a helluva lot go in terms of fouls & off the ball stuff. Presumably because he got it in the ear about the peno

I 100% agree with the point you make on both Eriksen and what Davids brought us.

It really is fine margins. Wafer thin but absolutely bang on the money.

We needed what Drogba nearly always did for Chelsea in terms of getting that crucial goal and we then needed someone on the pitch who game managed, especially when Juventus both changed it and when they equalised.

We need Eriksen but we maybe need stronger heads around him.

We will see how much the loss hurt us, how good a repair job Pochettino has done on Sunday and then against Chelsea. We will then see if our experience, which is growing is put to good use when we face a vibrant Swansea.

Big 2 months with the minimum requirement for Pochettino being a return to the Champion's League just to show our resolve.

An FA Cup win or at the very least a final appearance would make this team in my opinion.

I agree. Think an outfield captain is always preferable. Hugo is isolated in goal and therefore unable to grab them by the scruff of their necks as it were

Why the fuck is any of the Juve hierarchy chatting to officials in the tunnel? It's simply inappropriate, classless and unprofessional. You wouldn't get Levy behaving like that and nor would I try and justify it if he did
why the fuck the club's official can't ask the game official "why the fuck you didn't give a penalty?" )

I am assuming they protested for the penalty that was really ridiculous since all 3 officials had a very clear view, clearly officials were so impressed that they were allowing a last minute goal that was 1 meter offside. To be honest I am very surprised by these comments, up to now I had a very good opinion of him
BEFORE THE GAME your president was seen talking to a match official in the tunnel and because a French journalist saw them a wrote about it and Poch was asked about it today you now have a poor opinion of Poch!! Wow!

What are your thoughts of your president talking to a match official in the tunnel BEFORE the game? Do you think it's appropriate thing to do? Especially given the fact your club are convicted match fixers, I kind of think it doesn't look good. Hey ho.

I don’t know but repeat: why do you dirty a great game?
For to do a last step Pochettino ( i like Pochettino!!!) must do autocriticism: the problem isn’t technical ( Spurs have a beatiful game) but ”change” the cards on the table”.
Many times Juventus play like a little team: strong, defend with humility and attack with intelligence.
When Pochettino talk about “alibi Agnelli “ is like a dad that renounces to educate the child for to watch where wrong.

Sorry but you Juve guys on here (don't know why you are on a Spurs forum?) can't justify your upper hierachy being in the tunnel - it's simply inappropriate and given your clubs shady history should be avoided.
Poch is perfeclty within his rights to mention that it isn't professional and Poch wouldn't want Levy acting in that way.

Having read (and posted once or twice) through this thread. It's interesting to see who people thought were to blame for Juve's 2nd goal;
1 Lloris - for not coming out.
2 Trippier - for stopping and waving hand in the air.
3 Sanchez - for allowing Higuain to turn him.
4 Jan - for not dropping off.
5 Dembele - for trying to close down their defence and not staying in position (mine)
6 Davies - don't know why (pretty sure someone on here mentioned him!!!!)

I don't disagree with any of the above but maybe it was all of the above, maybe it was none of the above, or maybe, just maybe, it's one of them things that happen in a match.
Or possibly good play by them.

Back
Top Bottom