Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be honest. I'm started to get worried we're going to finish 5th...

I think we'll manage the 4th, but am worried that we'll not win FA. You can never know what's going on in the lockers unless you are in the team but I am afraid the team might have lost HK leadership since the goal claiming incident, and no ones taking charge or none working too well. I had a hunch from the rather surprising display against the City but today was an unfortunate continuation of it. City and Brighton both ran a lot though. All teams have ups and downs. I hope we can come back from it and be glorious this Saturday

OK I am a Liverpool fan but some of the comments on here make me cringe. This season Spurs have been one of the best sides in Europe(not just the UK) All the teams go through spells where they are poor. Saw off Madrid and still fourth in the league whilst in between stadiums. Spent next to nothing on players. I'll tell you what 98% of the clubs in Europe would swap places with you tomorrow. You have a brilliant young manager, some of the best players in the Premier League and play football that's great to watch. Still as Adolf Hitler said"You cant please everyone"

OK I am a Liverpool fan but some of the comments on here make me cringe. This season Spurs have been one of the best sides in Europe(not just the UK) All the teams go through spells where they are poor. Saw off Madrid and still fourth in the league whilst in between stadiums. Spent next to nothing on players. I'll tell you what 98% of the clubs in Europe would swap places with you tomorrow. You have a brilliant young manager, some of the best players in the Premier League and play football that's great to watch. Still as Adolf Hitler said"You cant please everyone"
giphy.gif

You cringe at the comments then quote Hitler.....nice one.

You know why you you don’t get it? Because Spurs fans have the ability to accept a shit performance.

For you lot, it’s always the cheating opposition, or the ref, or the FA conspiracy, or whatever else....never Liverpool’s fault.
Cringe? Did you cringe when your players spent a week saying “Bayern scored Harry Kane claimed it”

We know exactly what we’ve got here, so thanks for the tip, but we know a crap game when we see one, and we know where the problems are. They usually start at home, might want to try that with your own team one day instead of playing the victims every week.

You cringe at the comments then quote Hitler.....nice one.

You know why you you don’t get it? Because Spurs fans have the ability to accept a shit performance.

For you lot, it’s always the cheating opposition, or the ref, or the FA conspiracy, or whatever else....never Liverpool’s fault.
Cringe? Did you cringe when your players spent a week saying “Bayern scored Harry Kane claimed it”

We know exactly what we’ve got here, so thanks for the tip, but we know a crap game when we see one, and we know where the problems are. They usually start at home, might want to try that with your own team one day instead of playing the victims every week.

Fair enough. Just my opinion which I can see you don't agree with. Have a lovely day

I think the problem with Aurier and Trippier is the rotation. Do any other teams swap out their full backs like us? We surely don't have the only system requiring them to run up and down the pitch.
When Rose is injured Davies is much better due to constant playing and keeping his level / mojo going. (Okay bit poor yesterday but everyone poor)

Wanyama is making me sad tbh. Its like everyone is stealing his lunch money or something, before he would make mockery of players silly enough to try and tackle him, and now he is the one bouncing off and being totally bullied.
He is really struggling, and is a massive miss for us.

Strange for Eriksen to have such a poor, subdued game. Some bad passing.
Kane looked very out of sorts, I still think he is back too soon, and poor Sonny is out of form. Lucas did very well, and isn't shy to have a shot.

I hope we are going to turn up and actually play with some heart and fire, like we can do. I will be gutted to go out the cup, but if we were to play like we have done last 3 games, I would be a bit disgusted if I'm honest.
There was no fire in us, and its not pretty to watch when we are like that. Got to shake it off, quickly, whatever the hell is bothering them.

Hitler quote? Nice touch you cunt.

Hope your bins are forever without food.

Fair enough. Just my opinion which I can see you don't agree with. Have a lovely day
It’s nothing to do with agreeing or not.
There are lots of people who talk shit on here, but directly after a performance like that is not really the place to judge people’s comments, what did you expect?

Some people on here call it melting....personally any Spurs fan who didn’t melt last night needs to have a word with themselves. Must be completely void of emotion to watch that and straight after start thinking about the fairytale.

If you want to cringe, read any thread, but match threads are usually full of anger when things go to shit. Hardly surprising

Still as Adolf Hitler said"You cant please everyone"

Did Hitler say that? I’m sure he did at some point, but is he famous for saying it? Maybe he said it when the Wehrmacht had a difficult Tuesday night away at Stalingrad, but as far as I know history does not record this.

He might have muttered it when his ticketing scheme for the rallies at the Berlin Sportpalast came in for heavy criticism (with the unpopular emphasis on 1933 corporate seating) but again historians are undecided. However, there is a story (probably apocryphal) that his favourite dog Blondi turned her nose up at a specially imported consignment of chocolate Bonios, apparently a goodwill gesture from Neville Chamberlain. Sadly we will never know for certain, but if he said it at all, he said it then.

Not sure we learned anything yesterday other than whatever your form one jolt can knock you off centre.

It is the really unfathomable aspect of team sports because it is as though a whole team adopts the one persona. Lose a game and suddenly the team is off.

In many or some respects an FA Cup match or a non-Premier League game is just what we need..........I hope.

We kept the point we started with and that was also very important.

I think the problem with Aurier and Trippier is the rotation. Do any other teams swap out their full backs like us? We surely don't have the only system requiring them to run up and down the pitch.
When Rose is injured Davies is much better due to constant playing and keeping his level / mojo going. (Okay bit poor yesterday but everyone poor)

Wanyama is making me sad tbh. Its like everyone is stealing his lunch money or something, before he would make mockery of players silly enough to try and tackle him, and now he is the one bouncing off and being totally bullied.
He is really struggling, and is a massive miss for us.

Strange for Eriksen to have such a poor, subdued game. Some bad passing.
Kane looked very out of sorts, I still think he is back too soon, and poor Sonny is out of form. Lucas did very well, and isn't shy to have a shot.

I hope we are going to turn up and actually play with some heart and fire, like we can do. I will be gutted to go out the cup, but if we were to play like we have done last 3 games, I would be a bit disgusted if I'm honest.
There was no fire in us, and its not pretty to watch when we are like that. Got to shake it off, quickly, whatever the hell is bothering them.

Loads of teams rotate their full backs, the only ones that don't just don't have good enough players to do it.

Wanyama is just symptomatic of the fitness levels needed to play in pochs system, if a player is out for 2 months or longer then they don't get back to the required level until they've had another pre-season - a strength is also a weakness.

Eriksen was our only playmaker out there, we need minimum two at any one time imo otherwise we ask too much of him.

Kane was having lumps kicked out of him, pretty such Poch only moved him back to protect him for Saturday.

Son looked like he was thinking about the cup, just wasn't putting any effort in. Unfortunately this happens just before big games to lots of players and teams we are no different, watch Liverpool/Salah stop trying close to the CL semi.

Back
Top Bottom