Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you are saying that for club such as Tottenham and Liverpool anything less than a win in CL is failure and being one place higher in domestic league is more important? You ask "so what" - "what it means is to be at the very top". You see, we can tell years after that our club was among top 4 clubs on the whole Europe! Sounds fair bit more impressive than "our club was among 16 best teams in Europe", doesn't it?

PLEASE let's not be satsified with becoming new Woolwich whos goal is to sit on 4th and drop out in 1st round of CL every year! And being honest to Pool, they have done well in CL and being so close to final is admirable result.

P.S in my previous post I explicitly said that this is valid for those specific positions (3rd vs 4th!).

P.P.S very important 3 points today! Not the prettiest game but absolutely over the moon regarding result :) :)
No
I wasn't saying any of those things

Lack of credit to Trippier in here is astonishing. One of his best games and probably our best player last night
BowedSmugDugong-max-1mb.gif

Aw I dunno... there was PLENTY of moaning going on in that corner, believe me...
I had to move twice to get away from it!
Lucky there were enough empty spaces to move around unimpeded!!
The moaners near me didn’t turn up. But I did move around. It’s one of the good things about Wembley for lower interest games. Second half I sampled Shelf Side.

Straight after the game (and against my better judgement) I looked at the BBC page and all I could see was melt cunts (supposed Spurs fans) slagging off everyone from Lamela and Sissoko to Kane.

I avoid social media as much as possible these days. It is infested by the sort of people that can only do their own shoes up if they are velcro.
These are the type of people who enjoy us losing,so they can have a moan. Last night it was not pretty,by any stretch of the imagination.But we won. I'll take that at this stage of the season.

As I mentioned before, I don’t care if Karen Brady drops her drawers and 3 points tumble out, as long as we pick them up and stay out of the fucking scramble. Chavs will 100% beat Liverpool on Sunday

Home. Thank goodness the train terminated at my stop, as I was snoring away like nobody's business. I had work earlier this morning, and it occurs to me that I've been up for only slightly less than 24 hours. Lovely. In fact, I have no shame in admitting that I made a move in the 89th minute. Needed to get the best train. Anybody who takes issue with that is politely reminded that I started today in Italy.

Anyway, always worth the mission for a Spurs win though. Made my week. COYS.
When we got to Stratford there was a guy who was still asleep, and I did my good deed for the day and banged on the window to wake him. :)

3 points. One step closer to CL again.
Thought Hugo and Trippier were very good.
Onwards..

PS I was so wanting to see Sissoko plant that goal it wasn't funny.
Dont want to bag a player, as his 1st touch was good, only to see the ball rocket into the stratosphere.

Anyway, we move on. A few changes expected for next year, but lets leave this season on a high note.
Good to see Harry after all the turmoil and abuse score.

Love this Club.

These are the type of people who enjoy us losing,so they can have a moan. Last night it was not pretty,by any stretch of the imagination.But we won. I'll take that at this stage of the season.

I have a mate who literally (& i mean literally) NEVER stops moaning about Spurs. It gets extremely wearing & i have suggested he might want to consider changing allegiance to Man City.

Liverpool struggling, drawing with Stoke (who we beat), drawing against WBA and Everton scoring just 2 goals in these 3 games. Utd losing to WBA and getting wining with a last min goal but largely being outplayed by Woolwich's academy team.

It's tough at the backend of the season.

Wasn't pretty, but a result nonetheless.

A number of things have conspired to a stumbling finish over the line this year. Let's get these games under our belt and pip the dippers to third.

Back
Top Bottom