Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably mentioned this before, but will never, ever tire of seeing this. Think every Spurs supporter knows the commentary off by heart.
Remember having a row with the ex on the way home. One of our crowd asked if that game was better than sex. When I readily agreed, he got the hump. I should have quantified it by saying sex with him, that would have really put the cat amongst the pigeons !!

Not as racy as Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman story, but I remember getting this book for Christmas when I was 9, it was all about Gazza back then, loved it! Anyone else recognise it?

2wobo1t.jpg

Probably mentioned this before, but will never, ever tire of seeing this. Think every Spurs supporter knows the commentary off by heart.
Remember having a row with the ex on the way home. One of our crowd asked if that game was better than sex. When I readily agreed, he got the hump. I should have quantified it by saying sex with him, that would have really put the cat amongst the pigeons !!
Oh MrsP you cheeky thing :sonpoint:

Had not seen this video about Gazza's Rangers years before today but there are two outstanding stories from Ally McCoist about Gazza getting new teeth and putting fish in a former Spurs teammates car.

Another one. For those who weren't old enough to see Gazza play, I highly recommend the 1990/91 Season Review as Gazza was just about unplayable the first half of the season.

Did anyone else have this back in the day? I watched it so much as kid.

Wow, this brings back so many memories.
£2m was the record signing fee; shell suits were the height of fashion; no names on the back of shirts and short shorts; WHL before seats were installed.
He was one of the most naturally talented players we have and will ever seen in a Spurs shirt, and I believe that we saw the best of him.
He was someone that you wanted to cuddle one minute and slap the next. He was and still is quite child-like.

It's April 14th:

Happy Gazza Day to all:
Makes last nights' performance even more galling, that we couldn't commemorate 28 years later at the same venue...
Although thinking about it;
2 quick goals to go 2-0 up...
The opposition get a goal back to make it 1-2 and briefly rally....
But the game is killed off at 3-1 and it's season defining... sound familiar???

FAAAAAAARKING HE'LL!
History just repeated itself, in reverse!!

All these years I have had a feeling of disappointment in Gazza, in that I never felt he cared about Spurs, we were just a stop on his crazy tour and he disappeared when we needed him most, off for the money.

So reading that comment above had made my early Sunday hours a bit more enjoyable than insomnia and beer usually makes me. I stand corrected Gazza. I’d love to say “Thank you for memories that only “old timers disease” will rob me off!

I wish I were young again and cared the way I did when he and Lineker were our shining lights. Back when you could answer any opposing fan in the play ground with “so? We have Paul Gascoigne” and every little cunt shut up.

Where is my time machine ? :vdvcry:

Last edited:
I havent seen Greavsey, but I still believe that Gazza was the greatest ever English player.

I'd take Waddle over Gazza anyday. He was utterly obscenly good in his last season at Spurs. Worst decision to sell a player ever. In the days before Bosmsn and player power too so we didn't have to. I only saw Hoddle at the tail of his Spurs career but I think most would put him above Gazza too.

All these years I have had a feeling of disappointment in Gazza, in that I never felt he cared about Spurs, we were just a stop on his crazy tour and he disappeared when we needed him most, off for the money.

So reading that comment above had made my early Sunday hours a bit more enjoyable than insomnia and beer usually makes me. I stand corrected Gazza. I’d love to say “Thank you for memories that only “old timers disease” will rob me off!”

I wish I were young again and cared the way I did when he and Lineker were our shining lights. Back when you could answer any opposing fan in the play ground with “so? We have Paul Gascoigne” and every little cunt shut up.

Where is my time machine ? :vdvcry:

He lived for the moment, and gave 100 percent, so would have loved it wherever he played. However, over time he has made lovely comments about spurs - he knows in hindsight we were the perfect club for him and there is a special connection.

Back
Top Bottom