Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Smart of him. I think if the club offered him a proper coaching job he would take it. But he is not going to rule out jobs elsewhere
I think he needs to work as a coach first to see if he likes it or not. King did the same thing, although there has been no announcement, I am fairly certain that he's no longer coaching at Hotspur Way. Anyone?

Love the fact he squared up to the likes of Kaboul and Adebayor in Pochs first season.

As if you couldn't love the guy anymore.

Love the fact he squared up to the likes of Kaboul and Adebayor in Pochs first season.

As if you couldn't love the guy anymore.

Was listening to the podcast this morning that he made these comments on and he actually said it was not Kaboul, however he stayed quiet when they asked about Aaron Lennon. He said he's writing a book and the names would be in there.

Been listening to the pod the last couple of days, he comes across so well and obviously loves Spurs - really looking forward to reading his book when that comes out.

He only got to play for us by being a teacher's pet and even then poch got rid of him. Elsewhere got found out to be shite. Hull had one of the worst midfields in the country when he played. Now wants to write a book about the likes of Lennon and Kaboul? Both of these have done more for spurs than mason ever has. Wont be reading this book...

He only got to play for us by being a teacher's pet and even then poch got rid of him. Elsewhere got found out to be shite. Hull had one of the worst midfields in the country when he played. Now wants to write a book about the likes of Lennon and Kaboul? Both of these have done more for spurs than mason ever has. Wont be reading this book...
Regardless of talent (and I think your assessment of that is incorrect, for what it's worth), this guy's dream was to play for Spurs, and he loves the club. We've not had many players with the passion he had/has for THFC. He's like most of us, but he was good enough to actually live the dream for a while. Fair play to him.

Fickle, short-termist bollocks.... Mase & Bentaleb were a massive part of Poch's revolution and a much welcome break away from fair weather chancers like Capoue & Paulinho (+ the ineffective likes of Stambouli, Holtby). Don't care how good they are perceived to be by nouveau-footy twats like you who think nothing but a squad of worldies will ever be good enough; Mason deserves love and respect from anyone that professes to love this club....

Sad thing is, in the next breath i bet you wouldn't think twice singing "Yido" to the likes of Defoe who has never been too far from the exit door or a mere sub appearance away from moaning in the press...Or similarly lauding some fancy foreign peice with a high pricetag and a few stepovers on a highlight reel.

Last edited:
I was there at his debut plus wonder goal v Nottingham. It was cold and cranky night on the park lane and we looked clueless until he smashed it in.
He was great that season, he wasn’t as good as our current CMs, but definitely not a bad player.

I was there at his debut plus wonder goal v Nottingham. It was cold and cranky night on the park lane and we looked clueless until he smashed it in.
He was great that season, he wasn’t as good as our current CMs, but definitely not a bad player.

Barely got a sniff if his preferred position the entire time either.....

Back
Top Bottom