Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst both would have been good choices. Neither would have given us one of the best segments in wrestling history.

"Ah, Son of a bitch!"

JR is gold.

...but "Best"?

Horses for courses and all, but it's one of the most maligned 'reveals' of all time.

Made no sense. At All....

Jake's arguably the best evil heel ever and would have been an awesome way to shake up the Taker chatacter rather than turning him biker x months later.

JR is gold.

...but "Best"?

Horses for courses and all, but it's one of the most maligned 'reveals' of all time.

Made no sense. At All....

Jake's arguably the best evil heel ever and would have been an awesome way to shake up the Taker chatacter rather than turning him biker x months later.

I always thought the higher power was supposed to be Don Callis (Better known as The Jakyll)

I just think "IT'S MEEEEE AUSTIN" "YOU ALLLL BOUGHT IT, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT" And JR's "Oh, son of a bitch" were just legendary.

Of course, no where near my top 10 favourite segments.

I always thought the higher power was supposed to be Don Callis (Better known as The Jakyll)

I just think "IT'S MEEEEE AUSTIN" "YOU ALLLL BOUGHT IT, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT" And JR's "Oh, son of a bitch" were just legendary.

Of course, no where near my top 10 favourite segments.

"By gaaaawd, Kaaang!" etc. etc.

Clone JR = Instantly make wrestling better again.

"By gaaaawd, Kaaang!" etc. etc.

Clone JR = Instantly make wrestling better again.
Alas JR has gotten old. He sadly cannot keep up with most high paced matches these days.

The biggest company in Japan had JR doing English commentary the last couple of years but it was essentially listening to a one man booth cause Jim could not keep up with the action (nor do I think he was that interested tbh)

Alas JR has gotten old. He sadly cannot keep up with most high paced matches these days.

The biggest company in Japan had JR doing English commentary the last couple of years but it was essentially listening to a one man booth cause Jim could not keep up with the action (nor do I think he was that interested tbh)

Yeh, guess we missed the boat on the cloning idea by a good decade or so.... :(

Guess that’s what he was holding out for

Almost obvious is going that way when they pulled out of the Toby deal.

Why sign a 30 year old for £55,000,000?

When you can sign an 18 year old next best thing in de Ligt for roughly the same price who has the same agent as your most expensive player.

When you can sign an 18 year old next best thing in de Ligt for roughly the same price who has the same agent as your most expensive player.
Get yer own scouts Yanited, cunts.

He could have been their original target all along, we'll never know.

You have to realise that the objective of some teams, especially those of the richest in the World, is that the objective of buying a player is also to fuck with the competition too. It could be that they have had absolutely zero interest in buying Toby, never wanted him ever, but juts made out they did, get the player unsettled etc.

They end up buying the player they have also ways wanted, whilst their rival, now has an unsettled player, a pissed off fanbase as they think they've missed out on/been beaten to a good player.

He could have been their original target all along, we'll never know.

You have to realise that the objective of some teams, especially those of the richest in the World, is that the objective of buying a player is also to fuck with the competition too. It could be that they have had absolutely zero interest in buying Toby, never wanted him ever, but juts made out they did, get the player unsettled etc.

They end up buying the player they have also ways wanted, whilst their rival, now has an unsettled player, a pissed off fanbase as they think they've missed out on/been beaten to a good player.

Especially as that cunt Riaola is involved. Wouldn’t expect us to do any deals with him. Also did Dele sign up with him?

Especially as that cunt Riaola is involved. Wouldn’t expect us to do any deals with him. Also did Dele sign up with him?
The Riaola thing is just a red herring, he's a successful agent. To be successful means he deals with all football clubs, he's no different than any other agent, other than he bagged a huge amount from the deal of Pogba, something that 99.9% of all against would do if they were in a position to do so. The only club (Manager) that would appear to have a bad relationship with him is Guardiola.

It's just like the papers writing anything about Tottenham and Levy, there is rarely a sentence written without the insertion of "fierce negotiator". The inference is that he will tear you apart with every deal, it's a small miracle we buy players at all if that was the case, clubs would run a mile etc. etc.... He's not really to different to many other Chairman trying to get the best deal they can, but in order for a deal to take part, both parties have to be "happy".

Back
Top Bottom