Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tripps needs a song of his own... and sharpish!

Did I imagine it, or did he get an "Oh, Kieran Kieran, Kieran Kieran Kieran Trip-pier" chant last season at Wembley (To the tune of; "Oh Teddy Teddy... Sheringham") I'm sure heard it once, but it never caught on...

OK... I admit it, it was ME before the FA Cup Semi.... but it still never caught on!!
:dier:
Anyone got any ideas for him?

Tripps needs a song of his own... and sharpish!

Did I imagine it, or did he get an "Oh, Kieran Kieran, Kieran Kieran Kieran Trip-pier" chant last season at Wembley (To the tune of; "Oh Teddy Teddy... Sheringham") I'm sure heard it once, but it never caught on...

OK... I admit it, it was ME before the FA Cup Semi.... but it still never caught on!!
:dier:
Anyone got any ideas for him?
I found one from a Burnley forum that could possibly be adapted. It's posted one or two pages back

Did a google and found this on a Burnley forum from 2014
When Tripper goes marching down the wing
Kieran, Kieran
Kieran, Kieran
The Longside fans begin to sing
We all know that Burnley are gonna score

(Tune: The animals went in two by two)
I wanna be like Trippsy.........

Call off the search, we've found one!!

Shame there's no real lyrics to this... (but I'm sure we could come up with some!)

Imagine the new WHL 'LilyWhite Kop' bouncing to THIS one next time Trippier takes a Pen:

Sorry sweetie, which song would that be?
Oh Mrs P. The old ginola song

.... he wears a shirt..., with a cockerel on it ... he's supersonic .... in his white and blue

Runs down the wing.... gets crosses over .... his names ginola ... he's our French Jew

I changed a couple of lines to fit trippier but didn't seem to go down to well with powers on this board ... other than your good self

Last edited:
But what if he was bluffing?

Or even double bluffing??

tumblr_inline_mfx8clrygj1r7d19x.gif

Oh Mrs P. The old ginola song

.... he wears a shirt..., with a cockerel on it ... he's supersonic .... in his white and blue

Runs down the wing.... gets crossed over .... his names ginola ... he's our French Jew

I changed a couple of lines to fit trippier but didn't seem to go down to well with powers on this board ... other than your good self
Oh that one. Yes I remember it, but would rather save it just for the lovely Daveed ;)

No.
But he's been great for England (three games + what a couple leading up to WC) in a back three, our best player for sure.

If we played with 3ATB with him as wingback then sure would feel more comfortable, but we played mostly with a back four last year.
Both Trippier and Davies are more suited in a back4 Formation with wingers in front them because they are not equipped with adequate athleticism and mobility to dominate the flank on their own like peak Rose or Marcelo.

Both Trippier and Davies are more suited in a back4 Formation with wingers in front them because they are not equipped with adequate athleticism and mobility to dominate the flank on their own like peak Rose or Marcelo.
Err not really how a back 3 works, with a back three the FB's are pushed higher up the pitch, with a back four the FB's are required to do a lot more running as they are deeper (more ground to cover and all done with sprints). That's it in it's basic form, there are differences in shape when with or without the ball that will also influence too. But seeing how Tripps has played in a back three compared to when playing four, it's safe to say he's far, far more suited to a back three than a back four.

Back
Top Bottom