Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's funny, I was doing some digging around at lunchtime to see exactly how Lamela stacked up in his 822 minutes last year. That's not a lot. But he was finally fit for possibly the first time ever at Spurs, definitely the first time since the 2015-16 season. And the actual numbers are very, very interesting.

Coco:
2.2 shots per 90, 1.8 key passes per 90, 0.20 non-penalty goals per 90, 0.39 non-penalty expected goals per 90, 0.20 assists per 90, 0.20 expected assists per 90, 0.49 build up expected goals per 90.

Anyone out there with similar numbers?

Not really on Spurs. He didn't fit the same boxes as Dele, Christian, or Son. But there is a player at another top-4 club who has rather similar numbers, by the name of Roberto Firmino. You may have heard of him.

Lamela scores more, and contributes more in build-up, but shoots a little less and seems to create slightly less directly. Both are well-documented pressing machines.

The idea of using Coco as a sort of false 9/creative forward in an interchanging attack might be a smart option to back up Kane, as opposed to looking for someone similar..

I think the Chelsea away match showed how that could work, and I'd like to see more of it.

Last edited:
Let's see six months from now, where my words might appear prophetic. Not gonna lie, I'm gutted about this development. Not because I've been proved wrong but because it means we won't be making any more signings in terms of a Malcom, a Leon Bailey etc. I don't think we have enough to compete with the Northerners. There's a gap developing.

HAHAHAHAHAH.

You fucking plum.

Let's see six months from now, where my words might appear prophetic. Not gonna lie, I'm gutted about this development. Not because I've been proved wrong but because it means we won't be making any more signings in terms of a Malcom, a Leon Bailey etc. I don't think we have enough to compete with the Northerners. There's a gap developing.

:dembelelol:

Fuck off. :dembelewtf:

Big shout out to SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur who unfortunately couldn't be with us today for this beautiful family occasion.

:adesalute:

You know, I really do like Spursdem, a master of memes, but the forum without him has looked a lot more inclusive without him replying every other post. Regardless, I'm sure he'd be elated with what has transpired here lol, and I'm sure he's reading along anyways...

Spursdem, if you are reading, just get a VPN like privateinternetaccess, place yourself somewhere exotic like japan or botswana, and register a new multi through there- you'll have a new IP and case will be none the wiser. You'll have to be careful to keep your normal SN and multi activity usage to non-VPN/VPN access only, respectively, or the SNs will get associated with each others IPs which would be a giveaway.

Last edited:
Evidently, i missed something through having him on ignore much off the time.

Please enlighten me...:sonhmm:
He had a bet with VS, I think, something along the lines of Coco wouldn’t be here at the start of next season, because he was confident that he’d be sold. If he lost, VS said NW had to change his profile pic to that of fat Elvis.

Or something like that.

Evidently, i missed something through having him on ignore much off the time.

Please enlighten me...:sonhmm:
He wagered a year of a fat elvis avatar in Lamela is still here in 9/19. He doubled that with VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur and I don't think we ever agreed that the sentences would be served concurrently. So. NW1 is gonna be fat elvis* ALMOST as long as Lamela is gonna be at Spurs.

:llorishowudoin:

or more likely he backs out/comes back as some other cunt.

Back
Top Bottom