Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If there's one player less likely to uproot his wife and young kid to the chaos that is Real M, it has to be Trippier.

He knows he has lucked out ridiculously at Spurs, with a manager who has converted a £3.5m Burnley player to an established Spurs RB, England international, semi finalist world cup....

Really can't see him wanting to move away. Back up North I could just about understand. Abroad? No way. Real and the bearpit that it is? Zero chance.

Honestly, if they did make that bid, I'd do it. We'll never get better than that offered, and I have total faith in KWP.

Also, it would drive fans of other clubs around the bend.
No way. KWP is not close to Tripps yet, especially based on the latter’s WC performance. £50m would not buy better, so why sell?

I love how 3 months ago there was literally a fucking thread talking about how our "weak" full backs won't ever allow us to win anything.

Nothing has changed in those months, Tripps wasn't better for England than he was for Spurs. He's always been a fantastic full back when he's played for us and I'm grateful we have him.

I love how 3 months ago there was literally a fucking thread talking about how our "weak" full backs won't ever allow us to win anything.

Nothing has changed in those months, Tripps wasn't better for England than he was for Spurs. He's always been a fantastic full back when he's played for us and I'm grateful we have him.
When has he ever played like he does for England for Spurs?

Apparently Leicester value Maguire at £65m, so taking that as a benchmark, Trippier is worth more.

They're just trying to scare other clubs off with that price.
I think they'd be happy to take 45 or 50 mil.
Another year off his contract will help with that of course...

All the time, minus the free kick.
Mate. Has he even been awarded an MOTM for Spurs? Please don't rewrite history books.

His performances for England have been fantastic, a revelation and he justifiably deserves his plaudits for being England best player and one of the tournaments best players. These words have never been uttered when in a Spurs shirt, care to point out where it has been.

Mate. Has he even been awarded an MOTM for Spurs? Please don't rewrite history books.

His performances for England have been fantastic, a revelation and he justifiably deserves his plaudits for being England best player and one of the tournaments best players. These words have never been uttered when in a Spurs shirt, care to point out where it has been.

Good point but Tripps didn't win a man of the match award for England all World Cup neither, despite being England's player of the tournament. To me he's a nice, steady, you know what you're going to get 7/10 match day player. He barely drops to less and he hasn't got the ability to be anymore unless he keeps a clean sheet and whips a couple of assists in during 90 minutes.

I like him and would 100% keep him as I think his ability to cross and discipline fits us like a glove compared to other RBs anoint we'd be looking for for their crossing attributes and willingness to focus on shape rather than glory but I think that's what makes him a great right back for us, not his actual ability to be a great right back if that makes sense?

He's a very good team player at best. Never going to win you matches from full back like a Marcelo type player would but a reliable little guy happy to give the ball to the creatives, wait for his moment to pick a first time cross out and track back when the balls been lost

Good point but Tripps didn't win a man of the match award for England all World Cup neither, despite being England's player of the tournament. To me he's a nice, steady, you know what you're going to get 7/10 match day player. He barely drops to less and he hasn't got the ability to be anymore unless he keeps a clean sheet and whips a couple of assists in during 90 minutes.

I like him and would 100% keep him as I think his ability to cross and discipline fits us like a glove compared to other RBs anoint we'd be looking for for their crossing attributes and willingness to focus on shape rather than glory but I think that's what makes him a great right back for us, not his actual ability to be a great right back if that makes sense?

He's a very good team player at best. Never going to win you matches from full back like a Marcelo type player would but a reliable little guy happy to give the ball to the creatives, wait for his moment to pick a first time cross out and track back when the balls been lost
I will not rehash any of my comments on him, they are all there in this thread. I can't change my mind on these comments unless he plays for Spurs the way he plays for England, that ultimately means as a wingback in a back three and not as a fullback in a back four. With him further up the pitch, getting behind the oppo he's a worthy inclusion in my must keep in the team, but Madrid game aside he's never done that for us (there were a couple of games towards the end of the season and very late on he pushed on higher up but we already had the game won then).

Not to mention his dead ball ability, we simply have to have him take free kicks from now on, at least mix up what we do, Eriksen rarely delivers anything from free kicks, despite his reputation. Lamela is another who is great at set-pieces. I'll refrain from including corners in this discussion because we only have two variations on them and that's near post and short. If we stick with this it doesn't matter who delivers them the result will arguably be the same as I think teams have studied this as know how to defend against us in this scenario.

He's obviously still improving, but he's put in steadily excellent performances for some time now, even if he has been criminally underrated by some on here.

I've said it before but he's another Harry Kane, somebody who's arrived pretty much out of nowhere...can't stress enough how important Pochettino is to our club.

I've said it before but he's another Harry Kane, somebody who's arrived pretty much out of nowhere...can't stress enough how important Pochettino is to our club.

Poch and full backs just seems to be something magical. He made Chambers, Clyne, Shaw, Rose, Davies, Walker and Trippier all into fantastic players in their positions and those who have stopped playing under him haven't been as good out of his teams with perhaps the exception of Walker depending on who you're talking to. Though I don't think Walkers best season was last personally.

Poch comments in the post match Newcastle press conference seemed a bit concerning regarding some players. He was asked about tripps in particular but said some players were left behind for different reasons and started talking about players having their own individual motivations vs the collective. Head turned by another club?

Last edited:
Doubt Trips anything but committed tbh.

Can't wait till he's back. I was pretty anti-Trips but he made me proud on the biggest stage in world football and showed his class. It's down to him AND the coaching team to be able to get more of that in a Spurs shirt.

He's our #1 RB and should stay there.

Back
Top Bottom