Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Youre missing the point its not the foul throw that marks him out as a fucking idiot, its the fact that he did it once was caught and yet was still stupid enough to do it again not once but fucking twice IN FORTY FIVE FUCKING MINS .

He's supposed to be a fucking professional footballer, if my own child had been stupid enough to do that id have grounded him for 3 months. He's 8. I stand by my comments Serge should be shot in the face.... From close range .

Youre missing the point its not the foul throw that marks him out as a fucking idiot, its the fact that he did it once was caught and yet was still stupid enough to do it again not once but fucking twice IN FORTY FIVE FUCKING MINS .

He's supposed to be a fucking professional footballer, if my own child had been stupid enough to do that id have grounded him for 3 months. He's 8. I stand by my comments Serge should be shot in the face.... From close range .
You seem like a reasonable bloke.

You’ll devoid your child movement for three months over a foul throw?

I hope he’ll never get a red card against Chelsea...

I mention the foul throw thing all the time - I'd say 3/4s of the throw-ins a game could be considered foul throws. I just assume the referees cannot be bothered to enforce the law in the same way they cannot be bothered to blow up for a goalkeeper holding on to the ball for longer than 6 seconds etc.

He got called up for a foul throw (against Palace, I think?) 3 times in one game, only one of those was a foul throw.

I can't help but feel that Aurier, like Sissoko, has his performances magnified and that ANY error he makes is blown way out of proportion. Some people weren't happy with the signing due to things he did OUTSIDE of football, he came in with some of the fanbase against him and it probably hasn't helped his cause. Even when he has a good game, he's ridiculed for something. A bit like Sissoko really.

It's a tough one for Aurier now though. I think Pochettino probably really likes him to be honest, he seems like a great guy to have around in training and he probably works really hard but KWP is very highly rated and Poch likes him too (though he clearly wants Aurier to work as he shifts KWP out to the left instead of just giving KWP minutes at RB) and Trippier is coming off the back of a great World Cup.
I'm looking forward to the competition.

If Poch plays 3ATB then Tripps would get the nod I think (yep that's me saying that), if we go four at the back then I'd go Aurier all day long, even if he still dives in (although he needs to eradicate this, sure he will, a hallmark of our defence has been not even to tackle that much, mainly our CB's but our FB's are coached where to be aggressive (high up) and where to stand off (when deep), I can't be arsed to locate the stats but it's a stark contrast to previous Spurs sides and other teams in the league).

Our LB slot has the biggest question marks over it, mainly down to the situation with Rose. Will he be here or not??

I think we will see KWP as an option on both LB and RB, this hopefully will enable more minutes, but if Rose goes then I don't see us buying in another LB and that will go to KWP.

DjX0fSqWsAYPj23.jpg:large

Hashtag translates to rebellion in activity...

Interesting that Zaha has liked this post and followed him this same day.
Only a couple of days ago Zaha unfollowed Crystal Palace on social media and posted a cryptic message of something like 'Today is the day I change everything'.

That could all be a coincidence though...

EDIT:

Sorry, he still follows Crystal Palace, but removed them from his Bio

Last edited:
Hashtag translates to rebellion in activity...
Interesting that Zaha has liked this post and followed him this same day.
Only a couple of days ago Zaha unfollowed Crystal Palace on social media and posted a cryptic message of something like 'Today is the day I change everything'.
That could all be a coincidence though
EDIT:Sorry, he still follows Crystal Palace, but removed them from his Bio
There's no such thing as 'coincidence' in Internet-land...
It's ALL pre-meditated and planned by powers higher than we could EVER imagine!
:levystare:
It's when Aurier starts posting THIS that I'll believe it's happening >>>

Back
Top Bottom