Saints v SPURS (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

iKqwiw0SqPPxV.gif

That was my head in pee-wee league. I was useless and couldn't run because of side stitches, but man o' man could my head ever find itself directly in front of a ball hit with force.

I was there today. Met jimmyriggle! I missed the players throwing their shirts as I had to make the coach. Good on AVB for that, just a shame they didn't think of it themselves. Atmosphere wise I thought 1st half we were good, but 2nd we were poor. Considering we were still winning for 90 minutes...

I agree with those saying it's not the Spurs way of playing. Completely agree, to sit back and allow them to attack us when we're leading 2-0 is ridiculous. But a win is a win. 987660 footballers would have been stretchered to hospital from that but Sandro gets up straight away, love it. I'm at Norwich on Wednesday! They're coming thick and fast.

To summarise :avblol: COYS

I was there today. Met jimmyriggle! I missed the players throwing their shirts as I had to make the coach. Good on AVB for that, just a shame they didn't think of it themselves. Atmosphere wise I thought 1st half we were good, but 2nd we were poor. Considering we were still winning for 90 minutes...

I agree with those saying it's not the Spurs way of playing. Completely agree, to sit back and allow them to attack us when we're leading 2-0 is ridiculous. But a win is a win. 987660 footballers would have been stretchered to hospital from that but Sandro gets up straight away, love it. I'm at Norwich on Wednesday! They're coming thick and fast.

If you think that's not the Spurs way, most of you haven't been watching us for the past 20 years :adegrin:

My observations from today's game:
1) st Mary's is a fucking bland stadium
2) southampton have shit support. I mean what's the point of getting all excited about winning promotion if you're then going to go and sit in complete silence whilst another team rofl stomps you on the pitch. Granted they finally perked up a bit in the second half but it was average at best.
3) short-sighted moaning pricks aren't just confined to home games. Within 5 mins of Livermore coming on the bloke behind me was screaming for him to be subbed. When a clearly tired Defoe was subbed an Dempsey moved up top, presumably so we could actually hold the ball up, the guy to my left was actually booing Ann whined or the rest of the game
4) we really miss dembele. I mean really really miss him
5) AVB really knows how to win over fans. Was great to see him almost physically pushing some players to come over to us and throw their shirts into the crowd. Props to Kyle walker who actually stepped into the first could of rows at one point
6) why the fuck do Southampton have two dogs as mascots?! Surely just the one would do? And why dogs in the first place?

Go

Good to meet you mate. Even if I left feeling very old all of a sudden. Hope the coach journey home was ok.

@thelonius I hope your man flu clears up

Said that to my mate as well. So many players would have been flopping around on the ground especially late in the game. This negates Bale's dive, right?

how many cunts would have feigned a head injury there ? last minute, hanging on to a 1 goal lead. sandro just cant help being a top bloke.[/quot

Also, despite Friedel's excellent start to the season his form has decreased significantly. Lloris needs to be our main starter from now on.

Agreed, but to be fair it's something that AVB is obviously trying to change. He's been vocally unhappy about our inability to show up for more than a single half. We've been pretty lucky so far, but if we let this continue it's going to hurt us down the road.

Don't agree with Smoked Salmon's criticism of Dawson's substitution, though. It was obviously to waste time. You don't make a sub with two minutes left in extra time with any expectation that they'll have time to have an impact on the course of the game.

Run that clock down, Andre.

Don't agree with Smoked Salmon's criticism of Dawson's substitution, though. It was obviously to waste time. You don't make a sub with two minutes left in extra time with any expectation that they'll have time to have an impact on the course of the game.
It was clearly to waste time, I said so myself. But if the type of player was irrelevant, why not stick on a player like Falqué in the tiny but possible chance of getting an injury time goal on the counter? Why take off an attacking player for Dawson? It's obvious that AVB put Dawson on to create a wall of defenders in an effort to kill the game off a couple minutes early.

It was clearly to waste time, I said so myself. But if the type of player was irrelevant, why not stick on a player like Falqué in the tiny but possible chance of getting an injury time goal on the counter? Why take off an attacking player for Dawson? It's obvious that AVB put Dawson on to create a wall of defenders in an effort to kill the game off a couple minutes early.

Gotta agree with this a bit, even though it has worked recently. I'm forever scarred by that match where we were 3-2 up in the FA Cup at Stamford Bridge and Jol put on three at the back for the last 5 minutes. Granted, we had Ricardo Rocha back then, but no matter who the player is it invites pressure. Slaven Bilic made the point as well after beating England at Wembley a few years ago: when you play with less attackers it makes it easier for the opposition to build pressure. Yes, your opposition still need to do everything in their power to break you down, but why give them the opportunity?

Back
Top Bottom