Saints v SPURS (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that was a pretty enjoyable away day. It was pretty painless getting down there and it was nice to sit and have a few beers before heading over to the ground. The ground is pretty bland and the atmosphere wasn't the best but we made a decent amount of noise. I do love that Sandro chant!

The game was another one of those games where we play one decent half and then seem to lose our way a bit for parts of the 2nd. We did seem to make it difficult after half time but we hung on in there and maybe should have scored a 3rd towards the end. I thought Huddlestone had a pretty decent game and the likes of Dempsey worked hard throughout. It was a nice touch the all the players threw their shirts in to the crowd even if it did cause a few arguments with those near the front! I also love Freund more an more as the weeks go past and I think he loves it just as much as we do!

Jumping straight on to a more or less empty train on the way back also turned out to be a nice touch.

Roll on Wigan next saturday! COYS!

I agree it was an enjoyable away day. Took less than two hours to get there and got a good few beers in at Yates beforehand. Being on the back row I got to stand and shout all game.

Had a row with a bloke in front as he had a go at me for singing Huddlestone's name and he said Hudd was shit and should fuck off to Stoke. After telling him that Hudd had been out for a year and that you should get being the players and not slag them off, he apologised to me and shook my hand. He obviously knew better than to fuck with me :nawty:

It's strange how some people get all flustered without thinking! I thought Tommy had a decent game with some lovely passing in the 1st half. The cross for the Bale goal was tasty!

It was clearly to waste time, I said so myself. But if the type of player was irrelevant, why not stick on a player like Falqué in the tiny but possible chance of getting an injury time goal on the counter? Why take off an attacking player for Dawson? It's obvious that AVB put Dawson on to create a wall of defenders in an effort to kill the game off a couple minutes early.

Agree to a certain extent, though I think that considering the level of experience on the bench yesterday Daws would have been the man to come on whatever his position. The rest have a handful of PL appearances between them.

If the bench yesterday had Ade, Parker, BAE/Caulker, Siggy, Thudd etc etc and we had thrown on a fifth defender then there would be no arguement for me, choices are limited at the moment though.

That said, something happened in the second half that wasn't that inspiring. Not sure why Bale spent much of the half at LB? I think Dembeles ability to pick up the ball and hold/run with it is invaluable. Hudds passing is only worthwhile if you have players forward to pass it to.

However, we held on, 3 points, 4th in the league will do me.

:bae:

We're too light in the midfield. We're too light up front. Yet we've got 4 fucking goalkeepers...

We need to balance this squad out a bit so we don't have to defend our way to victory against crap like Southampton.

Maybe AVB's waiting for the right moment to unleash the 'rush goalie' formation... Lloris in goal, with Gomes & Freidel just in front... (or am I showing my age... is there no such thing as 'rush goalie' in the school playground any more??)

JqBHml.jpg

Forgot to mention yesterday. I was heading away from the ground amongst the saints fans and there was this group of about 4 spurs fans being utter pricks that made me feel slightly ashamed.

They were just deliberately goading everyone, singing down with the west ham, getting up in people's faces who clearly weren't ever going to start any trouble. I realise this is All part and parcel of football but it just wasn't appropriate at the time and these young guys just seemed like complete cunts. No one was really rising to it as they were bravely goading families, older people etc. I was genuinely hoping someone in the crowd would launch them of the footbridge.

I'm all for banter and supporting the team but I guess you had to be there to really understand why I felt these guys we're giving the rest of us a bad name.

Hope it wasn't anyone here!

Forgot to mention yesterday. I was heading away from the ground amongst the saints fans and there was this group of about 4 spurs fans being utter pricks that made me feel slightly ashamed.

They were just deliberately goading everyone, singing down with the west ham, getting up in people's faces who clearly weren't ever going to start any trouble. I realise this is All part and parcel of football but it just wasn't appropriate at the time and these young guys just seemed like complete cunts. No one was really rising to it as they were bravely goading families, older people etc. I was genuinely hoping someone in the crowd would launch them of the footbridge.

I'm all for banter and supporting the team but I guess you had to be there to really understand why I felt these guys we're giving the rest of us a bad name.

Hope it wasn't anyone here!

Time to finally come to terms with it... SOME Spurs fans are total cunts! (I guess it's the flashy 'North London Cockney' in them, that in an other life, would make them Gooners... or in another Borough, would make them Cheatski!)

We can't ALL be adorable, witty, loyal Yids... but I know what you mean, you kinda want ALL Spurs fans to actually be alright deep down... leave all the cunty characters to support ArseAnal/Chelsea/'London Reds'... but unfortunately, we've got our fair share... and we all know who they are, as most of them have probably spent the last week abusing Kyle Walker on twatter!

Back
Top Bottom