Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"GONE"!!!!
"Turmoil"!!!!
"Holding Club to ransom"!!!!
"Less than a year left"!!!! (but when we sign a new player to a contract it doesn't matter they are still off because all it does is protect the clubs position).
"Cold feet"!!!
"agitated"!!!
"demands a move away"!!!
"unable to bring in a replacement"!!!
"extremely short at the back"!!!
"Alderweireld blasted Pochettino"!!
"wholesale changes"!!!
Think that cover it.

:harrysmile:

Yeh, but THE KIT!!!!! :lamelaaghh:

Wish we'd hurry up and give him a new deal.

He can pretty much sign terms with any club in the world in January otherwise.

Losing him and Toby next summer would be ridiculous, we need him to sign and i really hope he does

I think it'll be incredibly important for the club to buy a young CB this winter (among other signings).
Losing him and Toby in the same summer would leave a massive hole in our defense.
We can't risk being put over a barrel...

So when does he sign a new contract (contract until 2019)?? I think he's got at least 2 good seasons in him.

Give him a contract until 2020 and let him help develop Davinson & Juan in his twilight years with us. If any outfield player over 30 deserves a secure contract after sticking with us when he could have kicked off during the AVB or Sherwood spells it's him.

As far as I'm concerned Jan & Hugo were the start of this era of growth and both deserve to play as big a part in it as their bodies allow them to

Give him a contract until 2020 and let him help develop Davinson & Juan in his twilight years with us. If any outfield player over 30 deserves a secure contract after sticking with us when he could have kicked off during the AVB or Sherwood spells it's him.

As far as I'm concerned Jan & Hugo were the start of this era of growth and both deserve to play as big a part in it as their bodies allow them to

Would love to see that but I just don’t think Levy can ever be that generous...

Would love to see that but I just don’t think Levy can ever be that generous...

If Levy doesn't offer him something he leaves next season for free. It would be absolutely insane for him to let that happen, Jan deserves a pay day for being with us in his peak years and unlike Dembele, is still physically in top class condition.

If Hugo gets a contract until he's 35, Jan deserves one to take him up to 33

What I really want to know is why he got rid of his old "Super Jan" celebration and went with a new "bemused did this really just happen" celebration. Downgrade if you ask me. :freund:

What I really want to know is why he got rid of his old "Super Jan" celebration and went with a new "bemused did this really just happen" celebration. Downgrade if you ask me. :freund:

He did it on Saturday - only saw it in one replay but he did it.
I'm looking for a vid of it actually (from Saturday) if anyone stumbles across one.

Back
Top Bottom