Will the MLS or Chinese Super League ever become more than glorified pub leagues?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mic'd up players for replays after the game can be interesting. Interviewing the player in the middle of open play, I think, is fucking stupid, detracts from the game, and turns the game into a carnival. Not that the all-star game is some real prestigious event to begin with.
Just saying though, I love watching baseball or basketball and a player is mic'd up. I don't mind it.

The only person I'd like to see mic'd up is the ref and I'd like to see bans and heavy fines for those like Rooney who constantly run around swearing at the ref. Mic'd players is just daft American bullshit and the more influential Americans become in football the worse it will be.

Fair dues Shrek
Never been a big fan of Rooney, but he has had a penchant to pop up now and then with the highlight moments. Admittedly, this one had large amounts to do with the shit opposition. No way he hawks down a player in England like that in 2018, the Orlando player should have chipped it to the empty goal on the first touch for either of his unmarked teammates to finish off, the long ball Rooney played was pretty much of the hit and hope variety, and the defending/keeping was shocking - total embarrassment the keeper didn't attack and claim that ball, it was in the air for ages.

Why do amazing moments like that never, ever happen when I watch entire MLS games? The closest I can remember is Toronto FC scoring about three goals in stoppage time once. It was such perfectly-crafted drama I did catch myself wondering if it was fixed or not.

It also completely fucked up the bet I had on the game. Bastards.

Dkpw3hwWwAMmj8O.jpg

Potentially the new logo for a new MLS team.

I..... like it.

:levyeyes:

Dkpw3hwWwAMmj8O.jpg

Potentially the new logo for a new MLS team.

I..... like it.

:levyeyes:
Came here to ridicule this. Fucking shite...is this Miami Vice? Are the players all going to be issued gold chains, linen suits, boat shoes, and Lamborghini Coutaches? Put that badge on the most aqua uniform in history and it'll be complete.

You can tell the ship is being run by Becks....clearly went down the fashionista fad-of-the-week route rather than the build-something-that-will-last-decades route.

:avbnaa:

Came here to ridicule this. Fucking shite...is this Miami Vice? Are the players all going to be issued gold chains, linen suits, boat shoes, and Lamborghini Coutaches? Put that badge on the most aqua uniform in history and it'll be complete.

You can tell the ship is being run by Becks....clearly went down the fashionista fad-of-the-week route rather than the build-something-that-will-last-decades route.

:avbnaa:
One more club trying to pander to the Latinos

Agreed. Demographically it makes sense, but if MLS lasts 50 years its gonna be weird a bunch of people who dont speak Spanish supporting Internacional.
I don't know about that. No one gives it a second thought when we think of Real Salt Lake and their supporters.

The fans of Miami will probably just call it Inter Miami or Miami and no one will bat an eye. What am I talking about? Fans? Everyone knows barring College Football, there's no such things as a sporting fan base in Florida.

I don't know about that. No one gives it a second thought when we think of Real Salt Lake and their supporters.

The fans of Miami will probably just call it Inter Miami or Miami and no one will bat an eye. What am I talking about? Fans? Everyone knows barring College Football, there's no such things as a sporting fan base in Florida.
I dont even really know if college football has a "base" as much as 3 historically good programs and a populace that shifts between them depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Florida and Southern California have that in common, the weather is too nice and there's too many other things to do to waste time supporting losing teams. I know how much you're gonna hate that comparison, but its true.

:dierpochhug:

I dont even really know if college football has a "base" as much as 3 historically good programs and a populace that shifts between them depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Florida and Southern California have that in common, the weather is too nice and there's too many other things to do to waste time supporting losing teams. I know how much you're gonna hate that comparison, but its true.

:dierpochhug:
:levystare:
It's a little true

Lost my shit when that happened. Went from dreading the fact that we were going to lose in the last second to a 10 man Orlando City, to relief that we at least weren't going to suffer another embarrassing loss, to ecstasy when 4'5" Lucho Acosta scored a header off a Hail Mary long ball. All in the space of 15 seconds.

Fucking great.

Lost my shit when that happened. Went from dreading the fact that we were going to lose in the last second to a 10 man Orlando City, to relief that we at least weren't going to suffer another embarrassing loss, to ecstasy when 4'5" Lucho Acosta scored a header off a Hail Mary long ball. All in the space of 15 seconds.

Fucking great.
Just saw his double tonight. It's interesting to see his success in the league, but I think it says bad things about the MLS. It can't be a good look that Rooney seems to be the better athlete at this point in his career, and that FK gets saved in the Championship much less the PL.

That's said, he looks like hes going to single handedly drag them into the playoffs which is a crapshoot and in a year where no one in the MLS really looks "good" (comparitively) anything could happen. Looks a better investment than Zlatan, anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom