Spurs Youth 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really well played boys. Georgiou my MOM. First 90mins I've seen of Parrott and very impressed with him too. Other call out would be Marsh, he was a brick wall tonight.

First half since we scored I thought we were the better footballing side, very disciplined with the ball, not over committing but kept it well, played out well. 2nd half we were more compact but limited Liverpool to nothing until the final moments of the game.

Really well played boys. Georgiou my MOM. First 90mins I've seen of Parrott and very impressed with him too. Other call out would be Marsh, he was a brick wall tonight.

First half since we scored I thought we were the better footballing side, very disciplined with the ball, not over committing but kept it well, played out well. 2nd half we were more compact but limited Liverpool to nothing until the final moments of the game.

I, like a few others, think Georgiou should be developing as a left-back / wing-back. A bit like Danny Rose, I don't think he'll make it as a winger to any particularly high standard.

I do agree that he played well tonight, though and he did finish the game as a wing-back...

I, like a few others, think Georgiou should be developing as a left-back / wing-back. A bit like Danny Rose, I don't think he'll make it as a winger to any particularly high standard.

I do agree that he played well tonight, though and he did finish the game as a wing-back...
The effort he put in was commendable, he was sprinting into the press and was a great outlet, given his work in the first half I'm impressed he lasted. Difficult to call a position change to LB from what I've seen. But you can see how he's developed with the first team, there is a tempo to his game, he's in the oppo faces really aggressively and if he's backed up his challenging for the ball, he attacks the space quickly when it's there too. Think he supported every brake tonight too.

Georgiou is certainly a worker and you can see why Poch appreciates that. Ultimately he does lack the ability to beat a man with anything other than pace, so LWB looks the best bet for him. Georgiou should look to Ryan Fredericks as an example of what he could become (though I don't think he's as good at the same age, personally).

Delighted to see Parrott start, I had forecast him to be in the u23's after Christmas.

Think his appearance may have been brought forward by the injury to Sterling and (I guess by his non appearance) to Tracey, but delighted Parrott took his chance. It'll take a lot to shift him after his performance tonight.

Wouldn't mind getting a glimpse of this Parrott kid

images

Delighted to see Parrott start, I had forecast him to be in the u23's after Christmas.

Think his appearance may have been brought forward by the injury to Sterling and (I guess by his non appearance) to Tracey, but delighted Parrott took his chance. It'll take a lot to shift him after his performance tonight.

Agreed. I've heard a lot about Parrott and know how highly the club rate him. First time I've actually seen him play a full match and I can certainly understand the hype.

If he manages to get a full season of U23 football under his belt, and he performs to the standard he did tonight, a lot of clubs are going to be circling for him, tempting him with a position in their first team squad.

Might seem ridiculous that he's played one game of U23 and I'm already talking about the possibility of losing him, but in the last couple of years, we've seen far too many talented players leaving the club in search of first team opportunities.

Yes, he'll have to work hard and be consistent in his performances, it's all still very early days. But he is clearly a big talent, only 16 years old, and we need to convince him that there is absolutely a route to first team football here.

Unfortunately I missed the first half but this is pretty disciplined from Spurs under difficult circumstances. Got to take any chances we can to attack and that terrible free kick from Maghoma just now was the opposite of that!

Parrott looking a fine fit for this level.
We used to send a lot of lads to Yeovil, has this league killed the loan arrangements with League Two clubs?

I guess they would rather send players to Championship clubs when they are a year or two older?

We used to send a lot of lads to Yeovil, has this league killed the loan arrangements with League Two clubs?

I guess they would rather send players to Championship clubs when they are a year or two older?

Loans to league clubs have been tightened up upon (which certainly do not help their use to develop youngsters), but I think its more Poch not being a big advocate of loans - he would prefer the youngsters to be coached in Spurs ways rather than an unknown coach.

The problem with that of course is that the u21 league is not giving exposure to mens football, so after an 18 year old playing a season of it, there's not as much to learn from a 2nd season.

Poch seems to have relaxed his position on loans a little, but Spurs (like all PL clubs don't seem to have a good sense of how to train the lads in the 18-21 age before they might play in PL).

Meanwhile one of the best tests for u21's could be the 3 games in the group stages of the Checkatrade trophy played against lower league teams. But its only a few games.

Plus of course a few loans such as CCV's championship loans last season - but the number of loans Spurs are making are nothing like the number Spurs made when the likes of Harry Kane was coming through.

Dk35Pi5XoAEov5G.jpg

Spurs u18's away at Swansea today

No recognised strikers - wonder where Richards and Asante are ?

Who needs goal scoring strikers eh ? Use a winger as striker instead !

Lennon.Branagan‏ @LMcCand
Another sparkling attacking performance from Matt Wells under 18 side this morning as they beat Swansea 5-1 in South Wales! Out and out striker J'Neil Bennett scored a hat-trick, whilst Dennis Cirkin got a brace. Well done lads!
1f44f-1f3fb.png
#COYS

Dk35Pi5XoAEov5G.jpg

Spurs u18's away at Swansea today

No recognised strikers - wonder where Richards and Asante are ?

Good to see 5 of this seasons first year academy players started for Spurs u18's - Walcott and Binks (both CB's), Cirkin (FB), White (DM) and Bennett (winger turned striker), plus Kurylowicz (GK) on the bench. .

With Parrott starring for u21's last night ~~(and scoring a brace last week for Spurs u18's) that leaves Chay Cooper, Rafferty Pedder and Enoch Asante yet to be seen this season

J'Neil Lloyd-Bennett posted his stunning goal against Brighton on instagram, hopefully he'll post yesterday's hattrick in due course (although I'd guess the video is taken by the home team, so might require Swansea's agreement).

This is his instagram account :

38302182_273769263417525_3823300348399845376_n.jpg

jneilbillions

I cannot get the media link to post, so go to his instagram account and video is on there

Any help to insert link direct to video on TFC gratefully received ! Admin Admin

Last edited:
OS report on u18's 5-1 win at Swansea
Under-18s five alive at Swansea!

Team :
Oluwayemi, Tainio (Okedina 72), Cirkin, White, Walcott, Binks, Markanday, Bowden (Pochettino 76), Bennett, A Shashoua (c), Patterson (Mukendi 80). Substitute (not used): Kurylowicz.

Goals : J’Neil Bennett (3), Dennis Cirkin (2) - Cirkin on his u18 debut as LB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom