Fulham @ Wembley 18/08.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn’t too excited about going back to Wembley yesterday but I’ve just woken up and haven’t a clue how I managed to get to my bed so all things considered I think it must of been a pukka day.

Footballs back!

I think the problem is, with the ground having a capacity of 90,000, 58,000 looks quite sparse. Also, I think the club missed a trick by not slashing the prices for this game, as that may have made a difference. I think that people who boycotted this game because they didn't want to go to Wembley, missed out on a good game. I get the disappointment but why cut your nose to spite your face?

They have no idea how good they have it Mrs P. From 4000 miles away, and nearly two years since my last trip to London, and no idea when I'll be there again, it definitely rankles me. But its a different perspective.

Much improved performance today. Lucas starting to make good! Love to see Toby out there, and hoping that soothes his rancor.

Poch's move to put Dembele on was perfect, and the Lamela follow up was also an excellent decision.

Trippier's free kick was magic.

Let's go stick it to United.

COYS

Wasn’t too excited about going back to Wembley yesterday but I’ve just woken up and haven’t a clue how I managed to get to my bed so all things considered I think it must of been a pukka day.

Footballs back!

Exactly the same for me.. Going to Wembley was all a bit meh.. but as soon as you get to the pub for and drink and meet your mates it’s up to you what sort of day you make of it.
In the end it was a great day.
You can go along with a face like a smacked arse and moan all day long or you can make the most of it and enjoy it.

Exactly the same for me.. Going to Wembley was all a bit meh.. but as soon as you get to the pub for and drink and meet your mates it’s up to you what sort of day you make of it.
You can go along with a face like a smacked arse and moan all day long or you can make the most of it and enjoy it.
every 'moaning Minnie' should read this and thank their lucky stars that Poch and the team are not sulking about the situation. As the song goes.....'Let it go!'
:coys:

Yep,that goes for me as well. Had a great pre match drink with my brother and his mates,superb result,then watched Woolwich lose(shame it couldn't have been someone other than chelsea,but...). Great day out.

Seriously too young mate but am aware of the cultural phenom that was 'on the buses'!
Up yours old man!
:dembelelol:
It had a deeper meaning , based on Britain's rigid class system, a sort of lighter tv version of "New Wave Kichen sink realism " that became a decade before it.
Two middle aged men ( angry , sort of a jolly Albert Finney type in Saturday night )on the constant pull ( Never giving up think of Lawrence Harvey Room at the top ) for young or any crumpet , living at home ( in some ways mirrors Britians unaffordable housing crises of today )
A sister at home with a sexless husband with all that natural
angst , desire ( A Taste of Honey )
Conflict at work in a light tone but with meaning ( lm all right Jack , Peter Sellers )
The battle of the sexes (This Sporting Life, Richard Harris )
"Without history , we know nothing today"
Thucydides
Father of history.

It had a deeper meaning , based on Britain's rigid class system, a sort of lighter tv version of "New Wave Kichen sink realism " that became a decade before it.
Two middle aged men ( angry , sort of a jolly Albert Finney type in Saturday night )on the constant pull ( Never giving up think of Lawrence Harvey Room at the top ) for young or any crumpet , living at home ( in some ways mirrors Britians unaffordable housing crises of today )
A sister at home with a sexless husband with all that natural
angst , desire ( A Taste of Honey )
Conflict at work in a light tone but with meaning ( lm all right Jack , Peter Sellers )
The battle of the sexes (This Sporting Life, Richard Harris )
"Without history , we know nothing today"
Thucydides
Father of history.

Oh my god.. a lot of effort in that post but all my brain heard was blah blah blah the seventies blah!
:dembelelol:

I went.

A funny game. We started really well and should have been 2 or 3 up. Fulham came into it and were bright and probing. Half-time came at a good time for Fulham once we scored.

Second half and up to and for a bit after they scored we were second best and could have easily gone behimd.

The introduction of Dembele completely changed the match. Lamela added zip and that was it.

On the players, Moura deserved man of the match but only after his goal. Total transformatiom and if he plays and puts on a good performance against United he could really be elevated. Kane stuck at it and was better once he scored as well. An important August goal for him.

Defensively we looked a tad suspect so a back 3 needs working on. Davies and Trippier wasted a lot of possession with crosses that were not good enough.

In midfield Eriksen had his most impotent display in a long time whilst Alli does what Alli does, which is provide class and arrogance in equal measure although he was a 6 to 7 out of 10 yesterday.

The manner of the win and the improved physical nature of the players sets us up nicely fot United.

Dembele and Lamela were excellent subs. Despite being ok with letting either go for the right price, if im being honest, they more than hold there own on the squad and Dembele is still more than useful. Poch is just going to have to manage his minutes this season. Hopefully a healthy Winks will help with that.

I went.

A funny game. We started really well and should have been 2 or 3 up. Fulham came into it and were bright and probing. Half-time came at a good time for Fulham once we scored.

Second half and up to and for a bit after they scored we were second best and could have easily gone behimd.

The introduction of Dembele completely changed the match. Lamela added zip and that was it.

On the players, Moura deserved man of the match but only after his goal. Total transformatiom and if he plays and puts on a good performance against United he could really be elevated. Kane stuck at it and was better once he scored as well. An important August goal for him.

Defensively we looked a tad suspect so a back 3 needs working on. Davies and Trippier wasted a lot of possession with crosses that were not good enough.

In midfield Eriksen had his most impotent display in a long time whilst Alli does what Alli does, which is provide class and arrogance in equal measure although he was a 6 to 7 out of 10 yesterday.

The manner of the win and the improved physical nature of the players sets us up nicely fot United.

With all of the negativity and speculation I thought Toby was outstanding and got my vote for MoM

Back
Top Bottom