Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

im not entitled to points or goals but im fucking entitled to see the team giving 100% and the manager to pick the best players in their best positions, if our opponants are good enough to overcome that, so be it

This sums the whole thing up for me. Bizarre decision making is all very well when there is a point to it, and Im happy to be proved wrong by the manager.

But when you are left baffled time and time again, and the same decisions are clearly not working, then its clear people get angry.

I understand booing the Defoe sub. He and Ade scored hatfulls together last season, and played as a functioning, effective partnership, but somehow Clint fucking Dempsey is the better option to partner Ade?

How should the fans show their disapproval? Ask the stewards to pass some polite notes to AVB? No, they vent, and in a football match, that's by booing the decision. Not booing AVB, or Dempsey, but the fact that Defoe went off.

"Us"? So now, despite this thread being full of how fucking shit some of our support is, when it comes to Harry's comment you see Spurs fans as one unit. I dont, Im disgusted by some of our support.

This thread is about the Wigan match. My post wasn't related to Harry's comment or everyone else's posts in this thread. Yes, I see Spurs fans as one unit. One unit in the San Siro, one unit at United/Fulham away, one unit that came together for Muamba, one unit at Wigan at home. What's the point in creating further divisions amongst our own?

Some of our fans that abuse our team are the same that have invested heavily during the shit times and sang loudest as well, some of them are not - it really doesn't matter to me. I personally don't think it helps, but each to their own. I'm not in any "Redknapp is a wanker brigade" or "our fans are shit brigade" which is what my post was referring to.

I disagreed with Arry, but I still wanted him to learn from mistakes and do well for Tottenham and be a better Tottenham manager. I'll disagree with AVB too. The manager, the team and the fans as a collective unit didn't turn up yesterday for a variety of reasons. That doesn't mean I want AVB out, our team out, our fans out, or think our club is shit etc. - but even if it did, we can put any differences aside and still come together and support Tottenham for 90 minutes.

I just want everyone to learn from this experience and react positively as opposed to having a go at each-other. I think we will on Thursday night. We can sing for the shirt from the beginning so we aren't left wondering what would have happened if we had a better atmosphere and energy from the start... if you don't want to do that then fine. But I recommend our support as a collective to try it out and see if it helps the performance of the team.

I think people need to have the mental ability to seperate discussions on the internet from supporting the manager and lads for 90 minutes inside WHL.

It is not a crime to have a different opinion. I think the core of what is really being discussed here is not so much that fans be this big great unfied army of agreement, which is absolutely and totally unrealistic, but rather that when the time calls for it, namely when we are at a match, we come together to get behind the team, irrespective of whether or not we have individual opinions on the management, et al.

I don't get this blurring of discussions outside of game time, in terms of stuff that's posted on the internet, said in pubs, and so on, with the actual match support.

This thread is about the Wigan match. My post wasn't related to Harry's comment or everyone else's posts in this thread.

Without wanting to be accused of being argumentative or anything, this is the line I responded to:

"So our support is fantastic and Arry didn't mug us off at all?

We lost 1-0 to Wigan under him as well."

I dont see how you can then go back and imply I was the one taking it off topic?

Whats wrong with giving 4-4-2 a go when things aint going well, could not have been any worse ?

Its frustrating when you look at teams like Utd and City, and think that when they are losing with 10 minutes left, they will probably finish the game with 4 strikers on the pitch.

We take one off, and stay with one up front.

Without wanting to be accused of being argumentative or anything, this is the line I responded to:

"So our support is fantastic and Arry didn't mug us off at all.

I dont see how you can then go back and imply I was the one taking it off topic?

Sammyspurs? Argumentative?

:adeohshit:

Never...

:adelol:

I'd rather not as I have "better" things to do and most people here tend to accept posts they don't agree with or don't understand, or posters they are on different tones to... or alternatively just say "cunt", post a funny gif and move the fuck on. All options I would prefer, however, I'll give in just this once as my work is unfortunately even more boring and if it stops us having more of these discussions it may be worth it (but probably not). :chicco:

Seems theres an awful lot of "arent our fans shit" from the "redknapp is a wanker" brigade..... what if you got it really wrong?

I was replying, tongue-in-cheek, to the post above separating Spurs fans into brigades. I questioned if our fans weren't shit or Redknapp wasn't a wanker in order to gauge the implication of what the "awful lot" got wrong... I realise this was unnecessary, but I felt Eskimo's post was equally unnecessary regarding the Wigan match.

So our support is fantastic and Arry didn't mug us off at all? :harrylol:

We lost 1-0 to Wigan under him as well. Bottom line is sitting silent or abusing our team only helps the opposition so it's an idiotic thing to do if you actually support Tottenham.

Note the question mark and LOL face after my first line which you missed a couple of times in quotation. Furthermore, note the acceptance that we lost 1-0 to Wigan, have done so in the past, and the bottom line was the the support in this game could have been better, not the discussion of Arry - this is because the result has been the the same for this game regardless of managers or whomever thinks whomever is a wanker. But I can easily agree to disagree and move on here, I assume Eskimo and the rest of the forum did.

Indeed I furthered these intentions to move on.

Our fans are brilliant, just like Tottenham are brilliant. But neither turned up today. Roll on Thursday night!

This is where your response to me comes in.

"Us"? So now, despite this thread being full of how fucking shit some of our support is, when it comes to Harry's comment you see Spurs fans as one unit. I dont, Im disgusted by some of our support.

You want to bring up why I say "us" with regards to Spurs fans, what this thread is full of, Harry's comment about Spurs fans, and being disgusted by your definition of some of our support. In hindsight here is what I could have replied:

okay-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1322.gif

Or alternatively left it alone. But I realise the Internet can be a confusing place and you asked me a question, or at least a confused statement with a question mark. So I decided to help you out a bit with this:

This thread is about the Wigan match. My post wasn't related to Harry's comment or everyone else's posts in this thread. Yes, I see Spurs fans as one unit. One unit in the San Siro, one unit at United/Fulham away, one unit that came together for Muamba, one unit at Wigan at home. What's the point in creating further divisions amongst our own?

Some of our fans that abuse our team are the same that have invested heavily during the shit times and sang loudest as well, some of them are not - it really doesn't matter to me. I personally don't think it helps, but each to their own. I'm not in any "Redknapp is a wanker brigade" or "our fans are shit brigade" which is what my post was referring to.

I disagreed with Arry, but I still wanted him to learn from mistakes and do well for Tottenham and be a better Tottenham manager. I'll disagree with AVB too. The manager, the team and the fans as a collective unit didn't turn up yesterday for a variety of reasons. That doesn't mean I want AVB out, our team out, our fans out, or think our club is shit etc. - but even if it did, we can put any differences aside and still come together and support Tottenham for 90 minutes.

I just want everyone to learn from this experience and react positively as opposed to having a go at each-other. I think we will on Thursday night. We can sing for the shirt from the beginning so we aren't left wondering what would have happened if we had a better atmosphere and energy from the start... if you don't want to do that then fine. But I recommend our support as a collective to try it out and see if it helps the performance of the team.

To which you replied:

I think we agree here. I too believe that Spurs fans should have a common goal and should unite, but was severely shot down on that here:

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/my-god.3360/

Thats why I dont see us as one unit, and when the negative boo boys get called cunts, Im not offended by that, as we are not the same type of fan.

I didn't reply to this as it seems to be another topic in which you may have taken a joke the wrong way or personally taken a comment out of context that I wasn't even involved in. Either way you missed the common goal was to support Spurs for the full 90, regardless of manager discussion.

But you replied again:

"So our support is fantastic and Arry didn't mug us off at all?

As I explained above, the context was a lot longer than that. But regardless, people read things and imply things differently. Furthermore, even if you read something and you are on the same wavelength and someone does disagree with you why not just accept it?

I've had fundamental philosophical and global political debates on here, thoroughly disagreeing on major issues, but still been offered a pint for the next match by the guy I've disagreed with.

I'll happily buy you a beer at Maribor. Not because I agree with everything you say on an individual experience level, but because you're Spurs (and it is easier than shanking you).

Sorry, almost forgot...

tldr3.gif

I have a tendency to point out what I percieve as contradiction in people's arguments that's all.

"So our support is fantastic and Arry didn't mug us off at all?"

and

"My post wasn't related to Harry's comment or everyone else's posts in this thread."

Looked like two contradicting comments to me as I thought the reference to Harry mugging us off was about his "idiots" quote, and I also thought you were replying to someone else in the thread.

I guess I was wrong on both counts due to me not really getting the whole internet thing. Anyway, glad that's cleared up.

I blame the guy who already started the Woolwich one
There is an apology now on the Woolwich thread for naive pre maturity.

Yesterday was just so baffling, so poor, on so many aspects,
Perhaps one of the most tedious games at the Lane for years, why?
A challenging Nov/Dec coming up now, Dembele's absence worrying.
Maybe try 4 4 2 (JD & Ade) at home for a couple of games?
:adestare: :defoe:

a four four two with our fit midfielders is in my opinion like asking to be raped up and down and sideways, back to front and what ever other direction the other guy feels like... We'd get over-run so badly that we'd most likely be looking at a cricket score I think

a four four two with our fit midfielders is in my opinion like asking to be raped up and down and sideways, back to front and what ever other direction the other guy feels like... We'd get over-run so badly that we'd most likely be looking at a cricket score I think
What's the current situation with Sandro? Surely with Sandro and THudd in midfield, Bale & Lennon on the wings and Ade & Defoe up front that's not a disaster situation? Siggs and Dempsey have so far proved uninspiring. Do you really think Adebayor in place of Dempsey (which is basically what it would be) would be that much of a disaster?

Problem is that with our current crop of VDV "replacements" we are going to get smashed anyway.

Id rather play 2 good strikers, than an extra midfield player who is shite.

Early reports where sandro out for a month, so we're left with Tom and Jake as the most senior players to play there, with Iago and the other tom for back-up. Big Tom is too immobile as of right now, and whilst Jake has the energy for it, he sure as hell doesn't have the abillity (gives away too many fouls and not nifty enough with his passing). Little Tom, while a good enough passer, might get overwhelmed at the physicality and with big Tom or Jake to cover him that scares me a little.

Whilst changing Ade for Dempsey but giving him more defensive work than a normal striker in a 4-4-2 I have nothing against, it might even be better. Ade however needs to be prepeared to do the job Rooney does at man utd, getting back into the midfield to create a midfield five instead of a four when defending.

Back
Top Bottom