We need to talk about THST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should THST merely apologise publicly, or mark their new irrelevance by disbanding entirely?

• Public apology

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Disband

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Let them eat cheese

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not just this one. Asking Daniel Levy to explain transfer policy was also stupid and sad. In my opinion the trust can't help but put it's foot in it's mouth at almost every opportunity.

I think the transfer policy one was trying to be representative of a lot of Spurs fans' complaints on the transfer window (and possibly contacting them about it).
Reading the meltdowns in the transfer window, I’d say it was very reflective of the views of the majority who posted in that thread.

Not that I agreed with the statement or the melts

Asking Daniel Levy to explain transfer policy was also stupid and sad. In my opinion the trust can't help but put it's foot in it's mouth at almost every opportunity.
Why?
Without the fans the club is nothing. Daniel Levy is nothing.
Under the circumstances it seemed a very legitimate question to ask.

Why?
Without the fans the club is nothing. Daniel Levy is nothing.
Under the circumstances it seemed a very legitimate question to ask.

I don't know why they continue to put their feet in their mouths.

Agreed the club is nothing without the fans. Daniel Levy is a very rich man he doesn't need the club or the fans.

What circumstances? We made a bid for Grealish and that was turned down. Poch said he was OK, melts on a few forums need to stop thinking they are owed any explanations by the club, they're not.

I don't know why they continue to put their feet in their mouths.

Agreed the club is nothing without the fans. Daniel Levy is a very rich man he doesn't need the club or the fans.

What circumstances? We made a bid for Grealish and that was turned down. Poch said he was OK, melts on a few forums need to stop thinking they are owed any explanations by the club, they're not.
Daniel Levy earns his mammoth, unparalleled salary off the back of the football club. Without the fans that make our club that wouldn't be the case.
You may be ok with the way the transfer window transpired. That's fine. But thousands of supporters, many of whom have paid thousands of pounds into the club down the years were not.
Many of us thought it inconceivable that the club couldn't find a single player anywhere to improve the squad. Particularly with all the money sloshing round the game and in light of the record profit margins and boardroom level bonuses posted by the club.
Call them melts if you must, but what gives you the right to impose your view on the rest of us.
If the Trust thought the views of the melts ought to be represented, then good for them.

Last edited:
Just to add to my previous post, I'm in favour of the proposed cup switch to stadium MK. I think the club are right to retain home advantage and give as many of our fans as possible the opportunity to attend.
However, I recognise a sizeable proportion of our fans disagree and feel it ethically wrong to play there.
And I would expect and applaud the Trust to to represent those views to the board even though I disagree.
As a supporters body, you can't just expect them to represent YOUR views only, surely.
You can't just pick and choose what YOU agree with and fuck off everything else.

Last edited:
Just to add to my previous post, I'm in favour of the proposed cup switch to stadium MK. I think the club are right to retain home advantage and give as many of our fans as possible the opportunity to attend.
However, I recognise a sizeable proportion of our fans disagree and feel it ethically wrong to play there.
And I would expect and applaud the Trust to to represent those views to the board even though I disagree.
As a supporters body, you can't just expect them to represent YOUR views only, surely.
You can't just pick and choose what YOU agree with and fuck off everything else.

It's not like we've got to play in a stadium we don't like forever is it?
Hayooooo wolves chant

Daniel Levy earns his mammoth, unparalleled salary off the back of the football club. Without the fans that make our club that wouldn't be the case.
You may be ok with the way the transfer window transpired. That's fine. But thousands of supporters, many of whom have paid thousands of pounds into the club down the years were not.
Many of us thought it inconceivable that the club couldn't find a single player anywhere to improve the squad. Particularly with all the money sloshing round the game and in light of the record profit margins and boardroom level bonuses posted by the club.
Call them melts if you must, but what gives you the right to impose your view on the rest of us.
If the Trust thought the views of the melts ought to be represented, then good for them.

Levy earns a mammoth amount of money from the club (rightly so IMO) but that isn't the be all and end all of his earnings.

Yes I was fine with the transfer window. A bit of a cliche but in Poch/Levy I trust. I am also one of those fans who has paid 1,000s over the years into the coffers of THFC.

We made a bid for Grealish (as I said in my original response to you, which you ignored) yet that was turned down. So, we found a single player sadly the financials couldn't be sorted out. I'm certain there are others that we don't know about.

Yes, I call them melts. Thank god forums/social media wasn't around in the late 70s when we got relegated!

My opinion on the trust etc is clear (not imposing it on anyone) as is your opinion and I can't see either of us agreeing with the other.

lol a child started this thread.

There are many reasons why a team does well or doesn't do well. If the season had started badly, would the opposite have been said? You have absolutely no clue what is going on and presumably THST would have a slightly more informed view.

So, you sitting at home and ranting on a forum is peak manchild and for all intents and purposes, shouting in the wind. If you cared enough, you would reach out to THST, but you're lazy- and lazy people change nothing.
No, a Scot did, though.
:troll:

I am really shocked tbh. I joined myself and my son this year thinking that it was a good and right thing to do. But whoever was manning the twitter account yesterday was downright arrogant and rude, offering me a refund on my membership if I wasn't happy! I am not a combative type at all and I barely use twitter but felt strongly that they had got it wrong over the stadium thing and also that embarrassing letter regarding transfers. I stopped responding and will simply not rejoin next season.
With you Sister!

We made a bid for Grealish (as I said in my original response to you, which you ignored) yet that was turned down.
How did you expect me to respond to that?
Hey, we made a failed bid for Grealish so we should all just shut the fuck up and be thankful!!
I need a glass of water.

Technically the club would be fine without the fans.
Premier plus TV money is so much!
TV money would dry up overnight if the fans weren't there mate.
It's the passion and commitment of supporters up and down the land that drives the revenue streams.
You can't get away from it. Without the fans football, and Spurs, would become irrelevant and unnatractive.

TV money would dry up overnight if the fans weren't there mate.
It's the passion and commitment of supporters up and down the land that drives the revenue streams.
You can't get away from it. Without the fans football, and Spurs, would become irrelevant and unnatractive.

Yet aresenal seem to still be rolling in it...

Technically the club would be fine without the fans.
Premier plus TV money is so much!

The club would slowly fade into obscurity without the fans mate. They may have made a profit without matchday receipts but if 62,062 fans spent on average £100 per day on seeing Spurs & the local community, across 25 games or so a year you're looking at over £155m in matchday revenue. Not to mention the atmosphere drying up and it having a negative impact on the club long term. I do get what you're saying though but the club fans as much as fans need the club, just for different reasons that's all

Back
Top Bottom