OK, can we calm down now?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel like this deserves a separate topic.

Like everyone on here I'm pretty pissed off about today, it was a game that really mattered to the fans after all the nonsense we've had to listen to from the Dipper infested media and their deluded, arrogant fanbase.

But can we really put things into perspective here? The Watford game was a joke, we threw away ANOTHER game from a winning position, and especially coming off the Man Utd result we should have been watching for something like that.

But like some on here have been saying, it's not really that Liverpool were better than us today, it was more down to our own sloppy play and possible WC hangover (I'd have to check, but I'm fairly sure we had more players involved in the latter stages of the tournament than any other PL team) that caused our downfall.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but can we please remember that it's only SEPTEMBER, no-one has ever won the league in that month (damn, I remember a time some years ago when Sheff Wed. were top for a few weeks early in the season, I don't think they ended up near there come May), some of us are like the reverse of the Dippers, who seem to think they've already won a treble, some of us are talking like the season is already over.

Again, maybe this is optimistic, but our next few PL fixtures are:

Brighton
Huddersfield
Cardiff
West Ham

If we get maximum points from those games, which is very possible (again, sorry if I'm being optimistic), will we really be thinking much about this result?

Of course the season isn't over but there are still worrying signs.

Players are looking tired when the season has barely even started, no new signings, Stadium problems.

We have 9 points but we haven't played very well in any of our games tbh and it's fair to say it's only September but there are issues to deal with.

We entered an international break with a shit result, we've resumed post international break with a shit result - that's three weeks of shit when one thinks about Spurs. I suppose it's the natural response.

An absolute Shit show today but no need to press the alarm buttons yet. The players need to sort themselves out and a nice win in the CL on Tuesday should do that.
We have some favourable games after that and an ideal opportunity to put this mini poor run behind us.

Awful performance, but no need to panic, we will bounce back and I still think we have a very decent chance of finishing in the top-four.. The title wasn't gonna happen this season anyway.

Watford result was worse.

We knew what we were getting with Liverpool. We were never clear favourites to win and before the game it could have gone either way. Top 6 will be taking points off each other. We'll beat other top 6 teams, we'll lose to some.

But losing to the likes of Watford and others outside the top 6 is what will separate us from those above.

We have a pretty comfortable fixture list from now until the City home game. Anything other than maximum points is disappointing.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but can we please remember that it's only SEPTEMBER, no-one has ever won the league in that month
I would like to take advantage of your optimism for financial gain. Kind sir, would you like a wager on us winning the league? Not happening this season.

But like some on here have been saying, it's not really that Liverpool were better than us today, it was more down to our own sloppy play and possible WC hangover (I'd have to check, but I'm fairly sure we had more players involved in the latter stages of the tournament than any other PL team) that caused our downfall.
That's exactly what a bin dipper would say about his team.

I feel like this deserves a separate topic.

Like everyone on here I'm pretty pissed off about today, it was a game that really mattered to the fans after all the nonsense we've had to listen to from the Dipper infested media and their deluded, arrogant fanbase.

But can we really put things into perspective here? The Watford game was a joke, we threw away ANOTHER game from a winning position, and especially coming off the Man Utd result we should have been watching for something like that.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but can we please remember that it's only SEPTEMBER, no-one has ever won the league in that month (damn, I remember a time some years ago when Sheff Wed. were top for a few weeks early in the season, I don't think they ended up near there come May), some of us are like the reverse of the Dippers, who seem to think they've already won a treble, some of us are talking like the season is already over.

Again, maybe this is optimistic, but our next few PL fixtures are:

Brighton
Huddersfield
Cardiff
West Ham

If we get maximum points from those games, which is very possible (again, sorry if I'm being optimistic), will we really be thinking much about this result?
I will..loosing to supposed league rivals is never good for team spirit imo..but we are not league title contenders judging by recent results, we have already lost 2 games and September is not even finished...its a joke that we have to put up with this club being ran like this. With basicly no investment in quality players as our chairman says he wants to compete for titles but his actions show me he wants everything on the cheap...no club ran like this cheap ass runs ours, has won trophies consistently and neither will we..apparently we can't compete financially but even teams way below us pay higher wages and transfer fees...

We could be in West Ham’s pickle then what would we do...
UuNicGj.jpg

Watford result was worse.

We knew what we were getting with Liverpool. We were never clear favourites to win and before the game it could have gone either way. Top 6 will be taking points off each other. We'll beat other top 6 teams, we'll lose to some.

But losing to the likes of Watford and others outside the top 6 is what will separate us from those above.

We have a pretty comfortable fixture list from now until the City home game. Anything other than maximum points is disappointing.

Having said that I thought Watford were unlucky today and the José anti football show rolls on
That 3nd half when Watford came back into it was disgraceful with a series of niggling fouls and handballs orchestrated by José preventing the game flowing and Mike Dean ultra lenient
So no disgrace to lose to Watford

Get Sissoko back

I'm deflated but I'm not apoplectic.

What I would really like is if Poch ditched this 4-4-2 mallarkey with Kane and Moura up top, and a mish-mash midfield.

3 at the back
Moura as a winger which is what he is and Kane up top as a lone striker

Had an awful day in Nottingham listening to numerous Dippers giving it large

I fucking hate them with a passion
Nothing in it with Chav fans imv

Our next 4 league games

Brighton (A)
Huddersfield (A)
Cardiff (H)
West Ham (A)

You couldn’t really handpick 4 better games to get out form back on track. If we win them then suddenly we’ve won 7 of the first 9 games which is a good return.

Back
Top Bottom