Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

---------------- :lloris: -----------------
:walker: :gallas: Caulker :vert:
--------:hudd: --- :sandro:-----------
:lennon:----------------------- :bale2:
--------------:adegrin: -------------------
----------------------:defoe2: ---------

Yes please :avbdamn:

The grounds for Siggy playing better with Ade was basically one passing nice looking passing move at the end of some match, maybe Villa.

The thing about two strikers is you are screwed if you are getting outnumbered in midfield and can't get the ball to them, but the way Ade drops deep and connects play with his passing and movement that really shouldn't be a problem. Ade/Defoe up front all the way.

That's exactly it, Ade has good link up play, you don't lack presence in the midfield if you play him up front because he come's back and gives options to players on the ball. Was really nice to see him and Defoe link up tonight, hopefully we see it more.

AVB's comments after the match sounds like he's planning on going back to one striker for Sunday... normally wouldn't mind, except that seeing DempSigg in the starting line-up right now is just demoralizing, sorry to say.

:brad:

:walker: :gallas: :vert: :naughton:

:sandro: :hudd:

:lennon: :dempsey2: :baletroll:

:defoe2:

Ill be surprised if its not this for an away game there, back to 4-5-1... Makes sense really. Worked at OT (for the first half...!)

:adegrin2: will be desperate to play this game tho

I'm heading up on my tod on Sunday, anyone that's going up got any idea of a decent place to park and to have a drink beforehand ?

What did he say?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20263531?

"We're still a team that creates a lot of attacking opportunities with one striker," said Villas-Boas.
"We go four steps up in competition [on Sunday], it's a different scenario."

"It was good to see us in this system, with Adebayor coming short and linking play very, very well," he said.
"We have been playing with two strikers, but one off the other one, and we are still a team that creates lots of opportunities with one off or with two up front.
"It was good to see the link up of Adebayor and Defoe, but we ended with one striker coming short all the time so it was exactly the same.
"I base my decision making on the performance in the game and in training. I have not made a decision at the moment but in the short time of preparation I will decide."

I have no hopes at all for this game , they are struggling so they need a team to come and reboost their confidence , something we are very good at.

Sorry for being a negativo

Gonna be very tough as City need a decent performance and they'll want it against us.

I'd like to see Dawson, Lloris and Ade in there. Doubt it will happen but excited anyway.

Can we bin 4-2-3-1 for a bit now having at last seen Ade and JD playing together (appreciate that Man City away and Woolwich away may not be the right time?) and at least try 4-4-1-1 with the following line up
Brad or Lloris
Walker, Dawson/Caulker, Verts, Naughton (no back passes allowed)
Lennon, Sandro (if fit) Hudd, Bale
Ade
JD

at least then Sandro and Hudd can drop back and make a '2' when we don't have the ball and we're a bit more attacking when we do have it.

Back
Top Bottom