Myyy name is Nicola Berti...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are plenty of chuckles from Berti as he reminisces about the “beat-up cars” his colleagues would turn up in, “driven by others” owing to drink-driving bans. “In Italy the police were more relaxed if you were a footballer but I remember after my first game with Tottenham, I got stopped 200 metres from White Hart Lane. It was a shock.
Doesn't surprise me. I remember the final game of the season, can't remember who we played, him and Klinsmann leaving in the same car, both with a can of beer in each hand as they pulled out on to the High Road. At least that's my rose tinted memory of that moment, anyway

Doesn't surprise me. I remember the final game of the season, can't remember who we played, him and Klinsmann leaving in the same car, both with a can of beer in each hand as they pulled out on to the High Road. At least that's my rose tinted memory of that moment, anyway

Still remember Klinsmann driving a beat up VW Beatle rather than an expensive prestige car.

Berti definitely a 'cult' hero, Klinsmann a definite top class striker who we were lucky to have play for us. He and Sherringham were one of the best strike partnerships we have seen in the last 30 odd years.

Nicola Berti was a true CULT in every sense of the word... not very good for us, but somehow people liked him... based purely on past reputation.
Steffen Freund was also a cult... except he comes across as way more likeable than Berti, who, let's face it, comes across as a bit of a cult!

Still remember Klinsmann driving a beat up VW Beatle rather than an expensive prestige car.

Berti definitely a 'cult' hero, Klinsmann a definite top class striker who we were lucky to have play for us. He and Sherringham were one of the best strike partnerships we have seen in the last 30 odd years.
One of the best, if not the best, strike partnerships the premier league has ever seen. Such a shame it didn't last longer

Couldn't find a thread for the great(??) man, but there's a nice article in the Independent, ahead of tonight's game: Tottenham and Inter Milan meet as European equals – but that's not how Nicola Berti remembers it

An interesting and amusing read until near the end when he must suddenly be affected by a bout of Alzheimer's and states that “Today the two teams are very close but I think Inter are still slightly better"...!!
Still one of the best songs sung at Spurs though!

One of our best chants. I’d love to see it resurrected for one of our current players.

“My name is Mousa Dembele, I look good on the telly,
I come from a place overseas *BELGIUM*
When the ball’s at my feet, all the players I beat,
Shout ‘oy, gorgeous, what’s your name...”

One of our best chants. I’d love to see it resurrected for one of our current players.

“My name is Mousa Dembele, I look good on the telly,
I come from a place overseas *BELGIUM*
When the ball’s at my feet, all the players I beat,
Shout ‘oy, gorgeous, what’s your name...”
I'm not a massive fan of recycling other people's songs, to be honest. I'd rather we came up with something unique

Back
Top Bottom