Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First penalty was just clumsy from him (Though totally avoidable if Trippier gets rid of the ball). I don't think the second was a penalty at all. Very very harsh and I'd have been amazed if the roles were reversed, Dean would have given it to us.

Besides that? He had a solid Premier League debut away at a decent team who will cause a lot more teams problems (Remember this is a team that drew with City and United). I can't wait to see more of him.

First penalty was just clumsy from him (Though totally avoidable if Trippier gets rid of the ball). I don't think the second was a penalty at all. Very very harsh and I'd have been amazed if the roles were reversed, Dean would have given it to us.

Besides that? He had a solid Premier League debut away at a decent team who will cause a lot more teams problems (Remember this is a team that drew with City and United). I can't wait to see more of him.
I’m also in the “fuck off Dean you cunt” camp in relation to the second penalty. It would not have been given at the other end. And rightly. Soft as they come.
I’m glad that Foyth isn’t being thrown under a bus by the fans, because on paper two penalties in one game makes him look a clumsy liability, which he’s anything but. A very good young prospect who was thrown under the bus by his own RB for the first goal, & hard done by for the second imo.

Besides the one pass to Lloris in the first half, I thought he was excellent.

So confident on the ball and believes in himself. So happy he scored his goal.

It's good that Foyth played after last week. He was unlucky with the pens he gave away after playing well. He has skills that most CBs don't, and he is very young. Still some learning to do, he'll make the odd mistake, but I think he has a higher ceiling than Sanchez, he's the better player ultimately. Together, we have a good CB pairing that ought to replace Toby and Jan medium term.

86% pass accuracy
86 passes (most)
101 touches (most)
3 interceptions (most)
5 clearances

Just a timely reminder of the scouting team. I'd never heard of him when the links started to come. Then rapid searches on the internet hoovering up all the info I could find. We found him and when toe to toe with PSG to get this lad in, maybe we do know what we are doing, maybe there is a long-term plan in our recruitment.

Last edited:
Take a bow Juan Foyth.

During a late break from Palace, a cluster of 3 of our boys were stumbling over each other just on the edge of our final 3rd, Palace player breaks free and into the picture slides the boy Foyth; taking the ball cleanly and into a safe area... A CRUCIAL challenge in what would have been a 2-on-1 with Hugo at a vital time in the game.

So many other examples... He reads the game so well for such a young lad.

Fuck the peno's he's had a fabulous few games.

There were hints of class last year, but fuck me could we have any better long-term replacements for the 2 Belgians?

(Props to the gaffer too for showing faith.... *)

(*)Or should I say "foyth". :ledley:

Last edited:
86% pass accuracy
86 passes (most)
101 touches (most)
3 interceptions (most)
5 clearances

Just a timely reminder of the scouting team. I'd never heard of him when the links started to come. Then rapid searches on the internet hoovering up all the info I could find. We found and when toe to toe with PSG to get this lad in, maybe we do know what we are doing, maybe there is a long-term plan in our recruitment.

Funnily enough, I HAD heard of him before the links but literally weeks earlier. Stumbled across him playing for Argentina U20 against England U20 during the U20 World Cup (When England won it) as was watching for Onomah and he was very assured.

He is the sort of signing I really like the club making though. Those out of the blue youth signings where no one REALLY knows how good he could be but someone somewhere has seen this guy and thought "he has something" and my god they're looking correct.

What a talent.

Just found this on YouTube in fact. I wonder if we happened to scout him from the U20 World Cup (considering we had a few players at the tournament)

Back
Top Bottom