New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And the news, we've all been waiting for - the bird replacement nest scheme !
http://www.planningservices.haringey...et?PKID=306861

Click on image to make it larger to read

EFPDKJq.jpg

I bet this is all over Twitter.

Home attendance down six thousand on average from last season, even ignoring that mk debacle.

What do the "disagreers" put that down to.

I put it down to the season ticket situation last year that saw many hop to the front of the queue for the new stadium should they get a Wembley Season ticket and the refund option the club has thrown out there per match we aren't in the new gaff. I fancy a fair few have taken that option either through inconvenience or frustration but I don't think it's any more than that. That and the novelty of one time hit fans has dwindled as it gave many people a chance to watch a top Premier League London team that you don't usually get with Chelsea, Woolwich or of course ourselves when we were at WHL

Home attendance down six thousand on average from last season, even ignoring that mk debacle.

In reality it's even worse than that as we've only played two smaller teams - Fulham and Cardiff - and four higher profile/CL games in Liverpool, City, Barca and PSV.

For me it just isn't that fun at Wembley. Crap pubs, no atmosphere, no real chance to get to know the people around me long term. I'd still go if money wasn't an object, but £52 for a ticket behind the goal is very significant to me for e.g. the Chelsea game, and on the whole I'd have more fun watching it in the pub and then going out afterwards.

For me it just isn't that fun at Wembley. Crap pubs, no atmosphere, no real chance to get to know the people around me long term. I'd still go if money wasn't an object, but £52 for a ticket behind the goal is very significant to me for e.g. the Chelsea game, and on the whole I'd have more fun watching it in the pub and then going out afterwards.

Nail on the head with these two points - firstly it's no fun at Wembley. It's designed to make money from fans who visit at most once a year not to cater for fans visiting every other week who need a local and cheap food to keep it affordable.

Second cost of the tickets. Me and my boy only missed three games last year - I could afford that by always going for the cheapest tickets. Now the top tier is shut it's at least £15 more per game.
It's not that we're soft but now I just look for away day spares on twitter as it's more fun and cheaper (normally).

I know quite a few long term ST holders who are choosing games they go to now. They never missed home games.
They hate Wembley with a passion.

Personally just want to go back home, going there drives me mad. It’s just not a football stadium IMHO.

Wembley as a kid and a teenager was magical. Can still remember walking out from the steps to the sight and sounds of the 91 semi final.

Amazing day. Up there with the best in my life.

Now I hate the place.

Funny how things work out.

So who do we blame then chaps???
Do we have to blame anyone? We are all in this together.. I hate Wembley and have had enough of that place but we were all told ( including Levy) that our stadium would be finished and ready on a certain date. It wasn’t so if we do have to blame anyone the buck stops with the contractors. They have royally fucked up.
It’s not great, it’s a ball ache for all concerned but we can’t help the fact that the contractors encountered issues. Neither you, me or Levy are anyway to blame for that. Levy doesn’t manage the building works, he doesn’t manage the staff, he put his faith into a reputable company and they have let him and us down.
It was reported wrongly which has made the matter worse.
I’m as pissed off as the next man but all I do know is in the end it’s going to be worth it .
Throwing toys out of prams, throwing hissy fits and pointing the finger won’t change a thing. It is what it is and we have to get on with it.

Nobody wants us to get into the new stadium more than me, and the fact it's looking so ready is making the frustration even greater. However, as mentioned before, I support the team, not a stadium and if Wembley is the place I have to go to watch my team, so be it. Doesn't stop me hating the place!

Back
Top Bottom