Last season's table with VAR

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nutter-Naylor

Supporter
AdjustedTable-desktop-1-769x1024.jpg

Brighton the most hard done by! Would have finished 6 places higher while Leicester & Bournemouth -5 & -4 places resp. Oh, and Huddersfield would have been relagated at the expense of Stoke.

Glad VAR is coming in next season - only way to eradicate blatant shockers, imv. There will always be detractors but I believe it does more good than harm

We do know it's s bollox though right?

You change your play based on the situation who's to say if you got the goal the other team doesn't score a couple.

Is this including free kicks, throw ins, corners, cards, missed penalties,momentum shifts...if it's just offsides and penalties it's definitely bollocks...

Brighton the most hard done by! Would have finished 6 places higher while Leicester & Bournemouth -5 & -4 places resp. Oh, and Huddersfield would have been relagated at the expense of Stoke.
But that is still utter bollocks and doesn't take into account that VAR is still subjective. I write this because I am assuming that the person that has put this together thinks that we shouldn't have been awarded the penalty against Liverpool (van Dicks kick on Lamela). If that was the result of the extra 2 points awarded to Liverpool, does anyone agree with that decision on here?

But that is still utter bollocks and doesn't take into account that VAR is still subjective. I write this because I am assuming that the person that has put this together thinks that we shouldn't have been awarded the penalty against Liverpool (van Dicks kick on Lamela). If that was the result of the extra 2 points awarded to Liverpool, does anyone agree with that decision on here?
No, it was a blatant penalty and VAR wouldn't have overturned it in my view.

No, it was a blatant penalty and VAR wouldn't have overturned it in my view.
It also still proves that VAR will not take out the subjectivity of the game, these decisions will be exactly as they are now, the individual Ref's interpretation of the law. Some ref's might see it as a pen others not. It is the personal opinion of the person who compiled this table that he thinks that it was a pen. Any takers on what team he might support?
:angryscouser:

It's funny because VAR would have fucked up Liverpool alot more this season.

Fulham onside goal against them.
Penalty at Wembley when Son was tackled from behind.

Probably alot more too.

It's funny because VAR would have fucked up Liverpool alot more this season.

Fulham onside goal against them.
Penalty at Wembley when Son was tackled from behind.

Probably alot more too.
I'd also like to see if all those offside goals Woolwich scored last year, especially at the beginning of the season were taken into account in that table.

But again it's still the subjectivity that remains, VAR doesn't remove this if anything it puts a further spotlight on it whilst also ruining the flow and the enjoyment of the spectators at the Stadium. (If technology can be introduced that measures offsides, as goal-line tech measures the ball over the line then bring that in, I'm all for it, but it has to be instant). But having subjective decisions made in real-time or on review changes absolutely nothing other than stopping them and slowing the game whilst spectators are left hanging.

Is this based on offside and missed pens or something? I mean this is all well and good, but every decision and non-decision changes the flow and outcome of the game, so this is pretty useless.

Only exceptions are cases were its at the death, like when Son was taken out for a clear pen this year against Liverpool that would put us even with them on points for the season.

I don't think that the penalty against the dippers is included as it would then show us as having -2 pts as well as Dippers +2

I don't think that the penalty against the dippers is included as it would then show us as having -2 pts as well as Dippers +2
It was a draw so would mean they win and we lose, so they gain +2pt and we lose -1pt. (but maybe whoever did this table had us gain a further point in another game????). It's only guesswork but still manipulated by the opinion of the person who plays God with their own interpretation and claiming it would be the one that concurs with VAR).

It was a draw so would mean they win and we lose, so they gain +2pt and we lose -1pt. (but maybe whoever did this table had us gain a further point in another game????). It's only guesswork but still manipulated by the opinion of the person who plays God with their own interpretation and claiming it would be the one that concurs with VAR).
Liverpool are plus 12 points and 2 league places. Apparently they were robbed of at least 6 victories.

Back
Top Bottom