Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There were some 'unions' in the past but most are just a fallacy. The hatred with Spam wouldn't allow it for one thing. Our firm at Millwall was by their own admission a very good one.

Before my time but I’ve heard stories of a London United going over the Orient to fight the big northern teams, us West Ham etc 30 odd year ago mind.

But it was common for most of the London firms to help Orient.

Never individually helped each other though, obviously.

You know when you say 30 years ago, you are talking about the late 80s early nineties right? Ha

Spurs' firm from the greg on their way to the Den.

I'm not on that video.

images

Just want to say that this is one of the best threads ever started on TFC. As a younger fan fed up with pop corn munching half and half wankers I'm loving the stories. My dad and his mates allways go on about Sheffield away in the 2nd Division as being a mad 1. Where any of you guys at that game?
That was new years day 78 and i got grief from my bird for going. As usual we had a huge following up there and all i really remember was that it was a great game and atmosphere and the paper the next day mentioning our away support being phenomenal. Don't recall much grief but i was on the supporters club train so may have missed the fun. 40 years ago now which is incredible when you think of it. It is a shame that the younger generation will never experience what we did.

Rufio Rufio I was there. I did hear chatter on the day of some incidents but didn't see much myself.

My own experience was that it was a bit of a party atmosphere in the away end and we thought a few of the OB were being unnecessarily aggressive. It nearly came in top for a couple of them but they sensibly left us alone to diffuse the situation.

Anyway, the 5-6 lads that had been getting most if the stick from the OB decided about 10 mins from full time they were going to wander around to the home end. We weren't particularly up for it but a couple of mins later the 5 of us thought we might as well go and have a recce.

We got to the open gate just as the home fans started to pour out. Obviously they realised we were Spurs and surrounded us with our backs against the wall.

I really thought we were done for but I thought I would front it out and said to the fella at the front ''if you are going to do us you better get on with it, the rest of us will be here in a minute".

Almost at that very second we hard a massive shout of TOT-TEN-HAM and the Sheffield fans quickly dispersed.

A very lucky escape.

Last edited:
Rufio Rufio I was there. I did hear chatter on the day of some incidents but didn't see much myself.

My own experience was that it was a bit of a party atmosphere in the away end and we thought a few of the OB were being unnecessarily aggressive. It nearly came in top for a couple of them but they sensibly left us alone to diffuse the situation.

Anyway, the 5-6 lads that had been getting most if the stick from the OB decided about 10 mins from full time they were going to wander around to the home end. We weren't particularly up for it but a couple of mins later the 5 of us thought we might as well go and have a recce.

We got to the open gate just as the home fans started to pour out. Obviously they realised we were Spurs and surrounded us with our backs against the wall.

I really thought we were done for but I thought I would front it out and said to the fella at the front ''' you are going to do us you better get on with it, the rest of us will be here in a minute".

Almost at that very second we hard a massive shout of TOT-TEN-HAM and the Sheffield fans quickly dispersed.

A very lucky escape.
I love these stories. A far cry from grown men holding up signs asking for Allis shirt

Had that at the Dell one year. Got in the section where Dougal and their Docker's firm stood. Was in a cornel with my back to the wall, didn't say anything, just gave two geezers opposite the death stare in a face off.
The ob grabbed us and pushed us towards the Spurs.
Walked out of there like the Leo Di Caprio work gif. Strangely, someone who looked just like me was fucking bricking it.
:levywhoa:

Had that at the Dell one year. Got in the section where Dougal and their Docker's firm stood. Was in a cornel with my back to the wall, didn't say anything, just gave two geezers opposite the death stare in a face off.
The ob grabbed us and pushed us towards the Spurs.
Walked out of there like the Leo Di Caprio work gif. Strangely, someone who looked just like me was fucking bricking it.
:levywhoa:
Southampton have never been rated in the football hooligan world but Dougal and his mob were definitely not to be taken lightly. I remember seeing them at Eastville once and they were quite impressive. Every club has their firm but the media always bang on about spam, millwall and those chair throwing chelsea wankers. In my 50 years of going to football i would say the teams that impressed firm wise (apart from our own of course) and in no particular order would be.Manchester United, Leeds, Spam, Millwall, Birmingham City. Honourable mention for Stoke too.

Southampton have never been rated in the football hooligan world but Dougal and his mob were definitely not to be taken lightly. I remember seeing them at Eastville once and they were quite impressive. Every club has their firm but the media always bang on about spam, millwall and those chair throwing chelsea wankers. In my 50 years of going to football i would say the teams that impressed firm wise (apart from our own of course) and in no particular order would be.Manchester United, Leeds, Spam, Millwall, Birmingham City. Honourable mention for Stoke too.

Can't argue with that.

That was new years day 78 and i got grief from my bird for going. As usual we had a huge following up there and all i really remember was that it was a great game and atmosphere and the paper the next day mentioning our away support being phenomenal. Don't recall much grief but i was on the supporters club train so may have missed the fun. 40 years ago now which is incredible when you think of it. It is a shame that the younger generation will never experience what we did.

I was at that one and parked my car in a Multi storey and after the game had forgotten which one
So the four of us in Spurs tops all blaming each other went and had to search several car parks before eventually finding it just as some jobsworth was trying to lock up

Happy days and I also got shit from Mrs B as we weren’t long married!!

I'd throw in Wolves around that time too, the only time I went to Molineux, we were chased back to the station, have to admit I was a bit scared.

Back
Top Bottom