Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do we have to wait for injuries, or January? I'd quite like to see Skipp playing on the merits of what he brings, and I wouldn't mind that happening in what's left of December.

Playing Everton on Sunday , Bournemouth on Wednesday 26th, and Wolves on Saturday 29th, Poch should be rotating the squad a bit so as not to exhaust players, and with Dier, Wanyama and Dembele still out, so only Winks and Sissoko fit other than dropping Dele or Eriksen back I'd fancy Skipp to appear in one of those games, my suggestion would be to start him against Bournemouth.

Skipp's performance when he came on was very encouraging i thought. Picked up the pace of the game straight away. Some very tidy play in tight areas. There was one moment with the ball loose in our area where he could easily have stuck out a leg and risked a pen (as Foyth has done one or twice) but instead kept his cool and just held his position. All great signs. Think we have another good'un here.

I think his ceiling is a lot higher than Winks'

Can't wait to see more of him. May even get a start on Boxing Day.

Skipp's performance when he came on was very encouraging i thought. Picked up the pace of the game straight away. Some very tidy play in tight areas. There was one moment with the ball loose in our area where he could easily have stuck out a leg and risked a pen (as Foyth has done one or twice) but instead kept his cool and just held his position. All great signs. Think we have another good'un here.

He's remarkably similar to Winks. No nonsense, composed beyond his years, an innate sense of rhythm and tempo.

Not to denigrate the natural talents of either player, but you can see they have the mark of an excellent youth development scheme. Neither guy is just getting by on galactic physical gifts.

He's remarkably similar to Winks. No nonsense, composed beyond his years, an innate sense of rhythm and tempo.

Not to denigrate the natural talents of either player, but you can see they have the mark of an excellent youth development scheme. Neither guy is just getting by on galactic physical gifts.
Definitely something in that. Ryan Mason is another guy Poch got the max out of, pushing him to a good prem level despite his limitations. But Skipp at this point, only 18, is stronger and well ahead of Winks or Mason at same age.

No way does he play like an 18 year old.

Future star IMO. Knowing Poch I'm excited to see how far Skipp can get in the pecking order by the end of the season.

We have a real potential 1st team player here.

What impressed me most was he came on, and immediately demanded the ball in the pivot role, then received it with pressure from two players, threw them a dummy, took on his back foot and drove into space leaving both behind. All on the edge of his own box.

That takes some balls, lose the ball and you’re in real trouble.

And like winks another one who would have grown up watching the moose train daily.
I know Poch was putting 16 and 17 year olds into 1st team training sessions over the past few years while in the development squads. Guarantee he was one of them.
Has to have had an impact on him.

Honestly, I'd have no problem with him being in our midfield against any top teams. He keeps it simple, but you can already see how good his positioning and awareness is.

Oh and that block yesterday....he's a proper hard bastard.

Back
Top Bottom