New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Club finds a way to rake in the gazillions John wants for transfers.

John thinks it negative and a scam and that Levy wants to sell the ground to buy yachts.

How predictable and tedious
When we start using the increased income to sign players John will say they are too muscular and laying the foundation for us to switch to the NFL

After being at the hell-hole of Wembley yesterday, the opening of NWHL cannot come a moment too soon.

Cunts with pizza
Cunts with popcorn
Cunts with half and half scarves
Cunts with tablets
Cunts who sit down all game
Cunts who sit in total silence
Cunts leaving 15 minutes before the end
Cunts

Came out of Wembley Park with just 15 mins to kick off (Traffic and train cancellations..grrrr !! ), Walked down the steps and saw them selling the half/half scarves. Said to my Lad, who in their right mind is going to buy a half/half scarf for a feckin Wolves game. Well, it seems loads did, perhaps they all genuinely half support Spurs and Wolves? I can kind of in a disturbed sort of way maybe understand Barca, Bayern or Madrid, for those who want to say "I was there"... But come on. WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS, more nails in the Football coffin.

You're a fucking cancer on this forum John, you've opened the floodgates for it to become the Woolwich FanTv of Spurs forums. That's your contribution.
Very strong words you use there.
Now I'm not one to brag about popularity , but i think your calling me a cancer merits a response.

Why would a Cancer of the forum, as you put it, have a positive rating of 12,800 from 6,000 posts.
Take a look at you're own popularity on here before you start throwing words like cancer about.

Last edited:
Very strong words you use there. Vicious and bitter.
Now I'm not one to brag about popularity , but i think your calling me a cancer merits a response.

Why would a Cancer of the forum have a positive rating of 12,800 from 6,000 posts.
Take a look at you're own popularity on here before you start throwing words like cancer about.
Why do videos of DT get half a million hits? People love a clown

Came out of Wembley Park with just 15 mins to kick off (Traffic and train cancellations..grrrr !! ), Walked down the steps and saw them selling the half/half scarves. Said to my Lad, who in their right mind is going to buy a half/half scarf for a feckin Wolves game. Well, it seems loads did, perhaps they all genuinely half support Spurs and Wolves? I can kind of in a disturbed sort of way maybe understand Barca, Bayern or Madrid, for those who want to say "I was there"... But come on. WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS, more nails in the Football coffin.

Couldn't agree more. Premier League football for me is almost at an end.

I will always love Tottenham as I have for the last 51 years but as a product, I have never felt more detached from from football than I do now.

I look around me and I have nothing in common with 90% of the people I see.

I am really hoping that the new place rekindles my enthusiasm.

After being at the hell-hole of Wembley yesterday, the opening of NWHL cannot come a moment too soon.

Cunts with pizza
Cunts with popcorn
Cunts with half and half scarves
Cunts with tablets
Cunts who sit down all game
Cunts who sit in total silence
Cunts leaving 15 minutes before the end
Cunts

Fair play to you for still going.

It’s so far removed from what watching Spurs used to be like for me that I really struggle with the whole experience now.

Hopefully the Chelsea game will be a bit more lively. Is that close to selling out?

Fair play to you for still going.

It’s so far removed from what watching Spurs used to be like for me that I really struggle with the whole experience now.

Hopefully the Chelsea game will be a bit more lively. Is that close to selling out?

Selling well I think but nowhere near sold out although it hasn't gone to members yet.

I dislike half and half scarfs but this is pretty melodramatic. Some kids wanting a souvenir that marks their first match is far from the death of football.

Last edited:
Swore I would not go back, but the boy wants to use the Man Utd TICKETS which I had been praying wouldn't be Wembley.

So trotting back there in a few weeks... Hopefully the last time I go to a league game there as I would like to start going more frequently again - Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor I doff my cap to your patience and endurance

However, as we managed to go to Madison Square Gardens last week (someone slipped us some freebie tickets to watch how dismal the Knicks are right now), I'm going to be immediately comparing the slick experience in terms of entry/exit/food options and service speed/overall experience with Wembley and it will fall even further short than it was previously

Hopefully we hear some good news in the next week or so in regards test events, and can start to see whe we go home...

Couldn't agree more. Premier League football for me is almost at an end.

I will always love Tottenham as I have for the last 51 years but as a product, I have never felt more detached from from football than I do now.

I look around me and I have nothing in common with 90% of the people I see.

I am really hoping that the new place rekindles my enthusiasm.

It will be fine in the new stadium, only a handful of the people from WHL around me are still going to Wembley.......they've all still got season tickets and go to nearly every away game though.

Levy gets criticized for being overly ambitious with the timescales of moving, but I think the club could see that every extra game at Wembley this season would be draining on our supporters (and finances).

Fuck knows what would happen to Chelsea if they did their stadium and had 3-4 seasons at Wembley....

I dislike half and half scarfs but this is pretty melodramatic. Some kids wanting a souvenir that makes their first match is far from the death of football.

It means the parents don't understand football and what it is really about.

I saw a 'Spurs' dad with a couple of kids with Spurs/Woolwich half and half scarves last season.

I just said one word to him in passing. Childline.

You're a fucking cancer on this forum John, you've opened the floodgates for it to become the Woolwich FanTv of Spurs forums. That's your contribution.
But you're ahead of me in your very own Judas Cunt of the Forum poll. Your own fucking poll !!!!!

giphy.gif

Just take a moment to reflect on that.

I'm sure Wembley is part of the issue with half/half scarves (and ticket touts......wtf they are doing trying to tout tickets for a half full stadium I don't know) - there is loads of room on the approach for them to stand about.

I can only ever remember seeing one or two trying to sell half/half around WHL, not 10-20.

I saw a 'Spurs' dad with a couple of kids with Spurs/Woolwich half and half scarves last season.

Even better that parents who don’t get football are still indulging their kids and taking them to the match then. That kid will hopefully go on to be a proper fan and be hooked on Spurs for the rest of his life. Then who cares if he had a half and half scarf when he was 8?

Bit bored of the “modern life is rubbish” shtick to be honest.

Not having a dig at you specifically, by the way. Just generally, I find the negative vibe about stuff like this tedious

I dislike half and half scarfs but this is pretty melodramatic. Some kids wanting a souvenir that makes their first match is far from the death of football.

I didn't say it was the death of football, i said it was another nail in the coffin.

I wouldn't be so bothered if these Kids, craving a souvenir of their first visit to a match were standing on their seats, singing their little hearts out. But, what I actually saw was one of them sitting there, 2 rows in front of me, feet up on the seat in front of him, reading his other souvenir, the match program, while we had gone behind to a goal. I guess I can only see it from my own experience and what joy going to games as a 11 year old brought to me. Big bags of pick'n'mix and tacky souvenirs were not on my list of match day things to look forward to. Maybe it is me that was strange back then ?

Even better that parents who don’t get football are still indulging their kids and taking them to the match then. That kid will hopefully go on to be a proper fan and be hooked on Spurs for the rest of his life. Then who cares if he had a half and half scarf when he was 8?

Bit bored of the “modern life is rubbish” shtick to be honest.

Not having a dig at you specifically, by the way. Just generally, I find the negative vibe about stuff like this tedious

We will have to agree to disagree. The match day experience to me is horrific compared to what it was even as recently as the early 2000s.

Old timers like me can recall specific games from decades ago for a variety of reasons. I imagine in 20 years time kids will be able to reminisce about who had the pepperoni pizza and who had the Hawaiian.

Different strokes....

Im
We will have to agree to disagree. The match day experience to me is horrific compared to what it was even as recently as the early 2000s.

Old timers like me can recall specific games from decades ago for a variety of reasons. I imagine in 20 years time kids will be able to reminisce about who had the pepperoni pizza and who had the Hawaiian.

Different strokes....

I'm with you 100% Nutter - but I still drag myself there week in week out. Tbh, I have to remind myself every time how lucky we are to be watching this Spurs team - but then having self-righteously criticised the melters on here dozens of times, it would be pretty hypocritical of me if I didn't go.

Two things for me
  • like it or not, we are a different generation and we can't (probably shouldn't) impose our values on the young adults and
  • Wembley has been disastrous for the spirit of the fanbase - the atmosphere yesterday was dire; lets hope it recovers when we're back home, I think it will

At least he got the wee terrors to a game, think of the effort it probably took to prise them off the PSwhatever...baby steps and all that...

Back
Top Bottom