Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son can't and will not retire until the next WC is over which is 2022? Sonny will be by then what 29 or 30? maybe then one could start talking about his retirement. I personally would like to see him retire from the Korean National squad duty right now if he could unretire from like 2020 or 2021 to get back on WC track. But that is just me and I know it will not happen.
You said he CAN'T retire until the next WC.
Why is that ?
Is it something to do with now being exempt from national service ?

You said he CAN'T retire until the next WC.
Why is that ?
Is it something to do with now being exempt from national service ?

Like someone posted in reply to you, a riot could break out if Son retired from national football squad right after getting his military exempt. I won't be in it, but especially the media will be talking about it non stop until Son retires from the football. But before all that Son thinks very highly for the honor of playing for the flag. So what you and I think he can or can't probably don't matter much. He is not retiring from it anytime soon.

It's pretty clear that football fans across the world believe their national FA are a bunch of corrupt, old, know-nothing elitists who are holding their NT program back. Like football fans across the world believe their club is being held back by a greedy chairman who won't spend money.

:levyeyes:

Unpopular opinion.

Son for Spurs is better than Bale was for Spurs.

Well Son has more goals for Spurs than Bale as well. Bale had 55 goals for Spurs, Son is on 59 goals.. although I think Bale has more league goals than Son, and Son has more European and Cup goals.

That last season Bale was here was exceptional though.. although the team felt very reliant on him to produce something.. less like this current Spurs team. Either way I can't wait for Son to come back and kick in to some great form again (I know he goes in 2 games time).

Think he is now the type of player similar to Kane where we to need him to play through his bad patch.. so that he gets to that purple patch that much quicker.

Unpopular opinion.

Hmm.

I love Sonny, him Dele and Kane are my three favourite players but Bale in his final season was something else. That goal he scored against West Ham is probably my favourite ever Spurs goal certainly the loudest I have ever cheered whilst watching a game at home.

Bale was and is truly world-class. Son is getting there but not quite there yet.

The thing with Bale though, was that you could argue that last season he played for us was his best season in his career (including his time in Madrid). With Son, if he can keep improving then who knows how good he can get.

The thing with Bale though, was that you could argue that last season he played for us was his best season in his career (including his time in Madrid). With Son, if he can keep improving then who knows how good he can get.

Son is only 26 and hasn’t shown anything but love for us, he’s likely to stay with us longer than Bale and doesn’t seem to be itching to move abroad.

Unpopular opinion.

Fair to have a different opinion. Not sure I agree, Bale dragged almost on his own a very average team to 5th under AVB, Son is a top player in a top side.

Bale was at times just unplayable, without injures (which he seems to get a lot these days) in this current Poch team he would probably be the best player in the league and would significantly add to our title chances.

Son is only 26 and hasn’t shown anything but love for us, he’s likely to stay with us longer than Bale and doesn’t seem to be itching to move abroad.

I'd like to think he appreciates how supportive we've been with his international commitments. Will it have 'bought' his loyalty? ...Only time will tell. One has to wonder if he fancies being the 'main man' at a club at some point. Being as good as he is but not being a cert starter is somewhat of an anomaly.

Back
Top Bottom