Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like I said before, I believe that Eriksen is ambitious and as long as he knows his ambitions can be met here he will sign.

He is entering into the latter stages of his career where trophies and honours matter and the next contract he sign a will likely be the last big one he ever does so I don't blame him for keeping his options open, it’s perfectly acceptable, he wants to likely know what is going to happen with us after we enter the new stadium regarding transfers, who we keep and who stays and also what happens with Poch (although I am 100% confident Poch is going nowhere unless absolute disaster happens between him and Levy behind the scenes.)

The truth is, of Barca comes in for Eriksen he will likely go unless we can somehow show him we are going to be at that level in the very near future.

I have a lot of respect for Eriksen, he seems a very nice lad and I don't believe he is the type to kick up a fuss, he is just ambitious, nothing wrong with that, we all want this club to win things, anybody who is happy with just getting into the top 4 every year forever is likely never going to match the ambitions of hungry footballers, Poch wants to win trophies, it’s just a matter of when it’s possible that might affect things.

That being said, I hope we keep him because honestly I feel like he is irreplaceable.

hi guys

translation of the interview to danish newspaper. "we can't control what the papers are writing, i will not comment on rumours, there is no real offer to comment on" " i think people know what i want and i know what Tottenham wants, we are in a fine negotiation, so there is no problem."

I have a humble theory that all that Eriksen wants is to be playing at the highest level as possible with chances of wining the biggest trophies with a trainer who wants him and know how to play him.(doesn't everybody)And right now i think the reason that, he has not signed, is partly because of barcalona and the length of the contract or that he wants a max on what price levy can put on him .
He knows levy will put a price on him that is total unrealistic, so he will give tottenham everything as long as there is a coach that knows what his worth and there is a change of winning something, but does posh leave, no investments from levy and he has a chance at barca maybe even real, then he wants that chance, and does levy not want to give him this door, then he will not sign. So i think that they are stranded on length of contract or Max amount for selling him.
I think ,if he could choose exactly what he wanted, than he would choose a year or 2 more with Tottenham to see if the project with poch and his teammates will skyrocket, which is the potential, if Levy invests in more quality players and then after that Barcalona for some years, just my humble quess. Sorry my english and spelling, english is only my 3rd language. and thx for welcoming me so nicely, hope to come to the new stadium and be on the tube with the fans like on the video posted on here. Eriksen sen sen sen, i promise i will shout very laud and drink a lot of pints, that i have to do when the new stadium opens. That would be A dream come true for me.

hi guys

translation of the interview to danish newspaper. "we can't control what the papers are writing, i will not comment on rumours, there is no real offer to comment on" " i think people know what i want and i know what Tottenham wants, we are in a fine negotiation, so there is no problem."

I have a humble theory that all that Eriksen wants is to be playing at the highest level as possible with chances of wining the biggest trophies with a trainer who wants him and know how to play him.(doesn't everybody)And right now i think the reason that, he has not signed, is partly because of barcalona and the length of the contract or that he wants a max on what price levy can put on him .
He knows levy will put a price on him that is total unrealistic, so he will give tottenham everything as long as there is a coach that knows what his worth and there is a change of winning something, but does posh leave, no investments from levy and he has a chance at barca maybe even real, then he wants that chance, and does levy not want to give him this door, then he will not sign. So i think that they are stranded on length of contract or Max amount for selling him.
I think ,if he could choose exactly what he wanted, than he would choose a year or 2 more with Tottenham to see if the project with poch and his teammates will skyrocket, which is the potential, if Levy invests in more quality players and then after that Barcalona for some years, just my humble quess. Sorry my english and spelling, english is only my 3rd language. and thx for welcoming me so nicely, hope to come to the new stadium and be on the tube with the fans like on the video posted on here. Eriksen sen sen sen, i promise i will shout very laud and drink a lot of pints, that i have to do when the new stadium opens. That would be A dream come true for me.

The bit I highlighted sounds worrying to me.
Either he's saying that the offer (whatever that may be) is not any where near realistic and is risible or
there's a translation problem i.e. it might be a Danish saying that means something else.

Last edited:
hi guys

Welcome and thank you for writing. I think what you say has good reason behind it and if what you are saying is the correct outcome I will be happy. If Eriksen is happy to sign under these conditions I do not think any Tottenham fan will be upset as I think at this stage as long as he does want to stay that is the best we can hope for with his ability and age.

Christian needs to protect his future & if Levy cannot give him this that is something the club should look at. It really wouldn't surprise me to see Christian sign a one year extension just to see how things are looking should Pochettino continue at the club.

Tottenham Hotspur are now in a phase where we have achieved the first levels of growth and now the club need to take bigger risks to continue such growth. We have done so with contract extensions to Pochettino, Kane, Dele & Son signing very big deals compared to what we usually pay. Giving Eriksen his wages I doubt is a problem, the issue is what occurs with our manager and how we invest in the squad with new transfers. With no signings last summer, if Christian wants reassurances he will have to wait until we actually sign players as well all know transfers aren't guaranteed at Spurs.

Let's hope he and the club work something out. The comments he made today seem to be better news than we have had on him for a while.

COYS

Like I said before, I believe that Eriksen is ambitious and as long as he knows his ambitions can be met here he will sign.

He is entering into the latter stages of his career where trophies and honours matter and the next contract he sign a will likely be the last big one he ever does so I don't blame him for keeping his options open, it’s perfectly acceptable, he wants to likely know what is going to happen with us after we enter the new stadium regarding transfers, who we keep and who stays and also what happens with Poch (although I am 100% confident Poch is going nowhere unless absolute disaster happens between him and Levy behind the scenes.)

The truth is, of Barca comes in for Eriksen he will likely go unless we can somehow show him we are going to be at that level in the very near future.

I have a lot of respect for Eriksen, he seems a very nice lad and I don't believe he is the type to kick up a fuss, he is just ambitious, nothing wrong with that, we all want this club to win things, anybody who is happy with just getting into the top 4 every year forever is likely never going to match the ambitions of hungry footballers, Poch wants to win trophies, it’s just a matter of when it’s possible that might affect things.

That being said, I hope we keep him because honestly I feel like he is irreplaceable.
Believe you me, winning the PL for Spurs pisses all over winning La Liga for Real or Barca its a no contest!

Barca have floated the idea of a possible Coutinho - Eriksen swap deal, this came about at a 'social' event after last night's game in Spain, not in anyway official and might never get beyond last night. Would that be such a bad deal? Coutinho is 26 same as Eriksen ... not 100% like-for-like but pretty close

Barca have floated the idea of a possible Coutinho - Eriksen swap deal, this came about at a 'social' event after last night's game in Spain, not in anyway official and might never get beyond last night. Would that be such a bad deal? Coutinho is 26 same as Eriksen ... not 100% like-for-like but pretty close

This will never happen in my opinion but I'd take Coutinho in a heartbeat. He wouldn't go to us though and we wouldn't pay his wages so a no go from the off

Would prefer not but if Christian wants to go then this might be the best possible outcome in the circumstances. Coutinho is not as well rounded as Eriksen but he is a real talent and has history with the manager.

Swap deals are very rare (not agent friendly?) Not sure why Barca would not just wait and pick up Eriksen on a free and sell Coutinho to one of the looted mineral wealth clubs.

Funny you should say that, I heard they are looking to swap Malcom for Willian...are they short of fucking cash or something?

Funny you should say that, I heard they are looking to swap Malcom for Willian...are they short of fucking cash or something?

Think it's FFP actually working, you can only spend a certain amount of your income on wages, doesn't matter how much cash you have if you've reached the wages 'ceiling' ... it's why Woolwich are so screwed, to many shit players on huge salaries.

Swap deals are very rare (not agent friendly?) Not sure why Barca would not just wait and pick up Eriksen on a free and sell Coutinho to one of the looted mineral wealth clubs.
As/if FFP becomes more enforced swap deals are going to become more common me thinks.

Every deal won't be a swap. But they will definitely happen more often

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says he trusts Christian Eriksen like his dog in a park. He hopes the Denmark international will commit his long-term future to the club.

He said: “I think Christian is a fantastic player. We hope that Christian can commit to the club with a long term contract but in football business it is about timings and negotiations. “He is very committed with us and I am so happy with him.

“You need to give him some freedom out on the pitch, you need to give freedom and trust in him – like my dog I the park – I say go – I trust in you. “I hope he signs for the long term.”

Last night was one of those games that makes me wonder what all the fuss is about, and despite how epic he is on his day, there isn’t one position in the team that can be bettered bar Kane.

So as good as he is, it doesn’t panic me, because Lamela showed more heart fight ambition and skill in 2 minutes last night.
So on the basis of one game he's replaceable. What about when Kane had a rough start to season, was he replaceable there? If actually remember you wanting him sold

Beat me to it again, you're just like our bloody milkman.
pat-mus.png

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says he trusts Christian Eriksen like his dog in a park. He hopes the Denmark international will commit his long-term future to the club.

He said: “I think Christian is a fantastic player. We hope that Christian can commit to the club with a long term contract but in football business it is about timings and negotiations. “He is very committed with us and I am so happy with him.

“You need to give him some freedom out on the pitch, you need to give freedom and trust in him – like my dog I the park – I say go – I trust in you. “I hope he signs for the long term.”
I love Poch, he has such a way with words.

Back
Top Bottom