Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forum is fucked on safari ,

Edit - no itโ€™s not , you furry cunt

Nothing to see here

Last edited:
Admin Admin
Just a thought about certain posters use of the disagree button, so sorry if this has been mentioned before I rarely venture onto this thread.

Certain posters use it not to disagree but to use it as a means of getting a poster binned, that and as a means of winding up the individual targeted. That is their sole motive. This has to be wrong. It's a clear pattern too when you see these posters chucking out disagrees when oddly the person they are debating (LOL) with isn't responding in kind with the dislike button.

Here is an idea, when this function is being abused (serial offenders) why don't you remove all their privileges to rate a post and when I mean all that includes like, agree, disagree and funny. This strips them of their imaginary power.

One such offender has just gone into the bin yet again when he's out why not remove the privilege to be a dick and maybe they don't act like a dick?

Admin Admin
Just a thought about certain posters use of the disagree button, so sorry if this has been mentioned before I rarely venture onto this thread.

Certain posters use it not to disagree but to use it as a means of getting a poster binned, that and as a means of winding up the individual targeted. That is their sole motive. This has to be wrong. It's a clear pattern too when you see these posters chucking out disagrees when oddly the person they are debating (LOL) with isn't responding in kind with the dislike button.

Here is an idea, when this function is being abused (serial offenders) why don't you remove all their privileges to rate a post and when I mean all that includes like, agree, disagree and funny. This strips them of their imaginary power.

One such offender has just gone into the bin yet again when he's out why not remove the privilege to be a dick and maybe they don't act like a dick?

The disagree button doesn't get you binned, does it?

The disagree button doesn't get you binned, does it?
Have to ask someone that's been binned mate. My understanding is accumulated disagrees takes you to a yellow, what happens after that I don't know for sure, I assumed it accumulated further until it went to red.

But in any event, the disagree button is being used as a means to aggravate, agitate and bully rather than to actually disagree. The same handful of posters just dishing them out like sweets, even when there isn't a point being made that can been agreed/disagreed with, why give them the ability to use any of the forum functions if they aren't being used for their purpose, especially if the poster almost certain ruins every thread they post in.

Admin Admin

I've actually done this with Arcspace a few times haha. He never changes.

I'd accept foul votes for abusing it. Just vote and I'll take a look to see if they're pointless dislikes.

Last edited:
Have to ask someone that's been binned mate. My understanding is accumulated disagrees takes you to a yellow, what happens after that I don't know for sure, I assumed it accumulated further until it went to red.

But in any event, the disagree button is being used as a means to aggravate, agitate and bully rather than to actually disagree. The same handful of posters just dishing them out like sweets, even when there isn't a point being made that can been agreed/disagreed with, why give them the ability to use any of the forum functions if they aren't being used for their purpose, especially if the poster almost certain ruins every thread they post in.

I have received over 200 dislikes and have never been binned, I don't think it does anything at all. You're right it winds up some people but that's their problem. I don't think there is an issue with it.

I'd accept sin bin votes for abusing it. Just vote and I'll take a look to see if they're pointless dislikes.
Just a personal thing, I hate sin-binning anyone other than a rival troll fan acting like a twat or the odd racist that's popped their head up over the fence. It's got a grass element to it that I don't like.

Sorry if I sound like I'm on my period but "A few times" and "never changes" is hardly an endorsement for someone to have allowed to do it all over again, and again, and again. Not calling for anyone to be binned just have their dick chopped off.

Sorry if I sound like I'm on my period but "A few times" and "never changes" is hardly an endorsement for someone to have allowed to do it all over again, and again, and again. Not calling for anyone to be binned just have their dick chopped off.

Sexist. Vote cast!!

I have received over 200 dislikes and have never been binned, I don't think it does anything at all. You're right it winds up some people but that's their problem. I don't think there is an issue with it.
Cheers, I thought it was an amount received over a period of time.

Not too fussed with it myself either fella and I'm one of the lucky ones that get a kiss on almost every single one of my posts. But it does get people wound up and it does turn the threads into things that I'm no longer reading for page after page (and yes I've had a few fights on here too), having to wade through 10 pages of shite several times a day now.

Just a personal thing, I hate sin-binning anyone other than a rival troll fan acting like a twat or the odd racist that's popped their head up over the fence. It's got a grass element to it that I don't like.

I don't remember anyone bringing it up before now. I just used to remove his ability to use the rep when I spotted it. All you can do is vote, that's probably the only way I'd ever get alerted to any abuse.

I'd accept foul votes for abusing it. Just vote and I'll take a look to see if they're pointless dislikes.
He disagreed a post I said which was ''Eric Dier scored on his Premier League debut v. West Ham.''.

But it ain't that big for me. He's disagreed about 500 posts this past weekend alone I'd guess.

As for the sin bin, I'm an advocate and I'm in it more than most. It's like any democracy, it's flawed, but it's the best option.

Ha, well played Admin Admin

"Donate now or I'll keep reminding you that you should be wearing cardigans and/or dead by now."

Screenshot-20190128-182259-Chrome.jpg

I like the system of posters policing the site but it has a fatal flaw, I wasn't totally sure until yesterday when sammyspurs sammyspurs got binned but it seems there are a small group of people getting yellow and red carded just for posting their opinions. This is definitely wrong and doesn't make this forum really much different from other stricter spurs forums and that kind of defeats the purpose of having posters policing each other imo. I haven't been too much involved in intense debate yet but I can definitely see myself getting binned or yellow carded at some stage.

If posters don't like someone's opinions they should either combat it with their own opinions or suck it up and ignore it, fouling someone for it is an abuse of the system and should be stopped.

How about a recend button which people can use to get someone out of bin? Every time some uses it the time in the bin is cut when the number of recends exceds the number of fouls the poster comes out of the bin.

Back
Top Bottom