Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed, Son wouldn’t be able to carry us like Bale did back then.

‘13 Bale is the better player, but I believe Son is the better fit for our squad.

One may argue he has been, but....

Could Sonny carry that lesser '13 team to the same degree that Bale did (in that insipid AVB system)?

I suspect not.....

Regardless:

"Heung Min Son... Heung Min Son.... Heeee was born to play for Spurs"

Bale was a superstar. I love Sonny and think he's finally getting the recognition his quality with both feet deserves but watching Bale explode into a wonder in our shirt was an absolute joy.

Don't think I've ever seen a more frightening player play for us during that growth spell of his. Absolutely wonderful to watch

Furthermore, Bale celebrates his goals in superstar-style with love hearts which makes our heart fluff even more, while son celebrates with a slide along the pitch on knees which is too typical.

Sonny is now the top scorer per minutes played. 127 minutes per goal. Salah is equal but he scored penalties too. With no penalties for Sonny, he's currently the top.

Of course people are entitled to their opinions, and if I don't agree, I'm not one for pressing the disagree button. However, in this particular case, I felt that the post was a dig at Erik, when there was no call for it. Erik played his part in our win today, he was unlucky with his header against the post.
It’s also someone trying to win the internets and prove a point about how right they were along... bit tragic...

So I was watching BBC Motm show of course after another great team performance and the perfect 3 pts result. They had a segment taking about PL player of the year or season and how Sonny is in the running with several others etc.

I noticed though when they were talking they had Sonnys still frame cut on a corner of the screen for a while. And out of so many tens and thousands of the cuts they could used I guess they had to use one that had to be one of the least good looking one.

Jealousy is a natural and basic human emotion but I had a feeling that if this award was ever left up to this program producers you would know who was not getting it.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of comparing players, especially ones in different eras. Bale was a great player to watch, and it would have been a fair assessment to say we were a bit of a one-man team back then. But we still didn't manage to win anything with him in the side, and the way he left was pretty disappointing. Sonny is more of a team player, maybe because he has better players to play with.

I'd guess another reason Son is playing well, in addition to the points you make, is that Spurs are the club that allowed him to go to the Asian games, win them as captain of South Korea, and hence be exempt from 2 years military service. Which is a big thing in his life - 2 more years of high earning in a fantastic job rather than being a low paid squaddie.....and a medal for winning them as captain is not a small thing by itself in his home country of South Korea. His previous German club did not give him that opportunity.

So I think Son is playing with a song in his heart and is saying thanks to Spurs for the opportunity of winning the Asian games.

Son is really showing his class with Dele and Kane missing. Yesterday at times he had 4 players around him. Other teams dare not do that when they have Dele and kane to mark. Think Eriksen's form is as much to do with extra attention because kane and Dele not on pitch as well.

After Messi and Ronaldo. I think Son must be up there. Not ten players are better. 10 goals in the latest 12 games after how many games this last year? He's a machine

Son couldn't hold a candle to Bale in terms of physical power. Bale was a freak. He could score every type of goal. He put the fear of God into every team in the league. I'd never seen anything like it from a player in a Tottenham shirt.

Back
Top Bottom