What are The Fighting Cock Socials Like?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't have to. It't not for everyone. But best pod about Spurs for me.

If i'm gonna help sully the nice forum they've provided, then I figure, the least I can listen to the pod once a week when doing so.... Seems a bit rude otherwise.

If i'm gonna help sully the nice forum they've provided, then I figure, the least I can listen to the pod once a week when doing so.... Seems a bit rude otherwise.
I started to listen to one, and after five minutes, decided that it wasn't for me. I love the forum though.

I started to listen to one, and after five minutes, decided that it wasn't for me. I love the forum though.

Really?

Has there been a change of format over the years?

I understand why the latter half may not be to everyone's taste, but the lads are pretty well behaved for the first part in the main.

I'm not really into 'pods' anymore to be honest.

Listen to Bunce & Costello every now and then. Mainly listen to catch up of Three Counties Radio on radio iplayer, not really pods.

Really?

I understand why the latter half may not be to everyone's taste, but the lads are pretty well behaved for the first part in the main.
Well the one I tuned into was effing this and effing that, from the off. Don't get me wrong, I can cuss with the best of them, especially at football, but don't need to hear it ad nauseum.

I love listening to Spurs podcasts. I listen to 2 or 3 a week. If you thought the FC podcast had a bit too much (how to put it diplomatically)...non-football related content then try the Last Word on Spurs or Hotspurs America. Ive gone off the Spurs Show a bit recently because they keep trying to monetise their services, but its worth giving that a go too.

Regards

Well the one I tuned into was effing this and effing that, from the off. Don't get me wrong, I can cuss with the best of them, especially at football, but don't need to hear it ad nauseum.

Fair do's.... Just hadn't considered as much considering this forum is as foul-mouthed an environment as I'd expect to find anywhere. I guess hearing is a bit different to reading.

Personally, I grew up in a household where no-one swore(*), yet still I'm entirely desensitized to colourful language (thanks to music, films, social circle etc.) and am as potty-mouthed as the next 'man'. I do naturally clean my act up whenever in the presence of my family or kids... The one time I accidentally said 'fook' around my mum (quite recently!) she didn't even blink, yet I was mortified. She in turn found this utterly hilarious and spent the rest of the evening taking the the mick.

(*The phrase "Swears like a docker" always makes me laugh.... My Dad spent his entire working life on the docks and he's one clean mouthed **********r!)

Last edited:
I love listening to Spurs podcasts. I listen to 2 or 3 a week. If you thought the FC podcast had a bit too much (how to put it diplomatically)...non-football related content then try the Last Word on Spurs or Hotspurs America. Ive gone off the Spurs Show a bit recently because they keep trying to monetise their services, but its worth giving that a go too.

Regards
I like pod more because of non-football related chat. It's not for everyone, as I said. 30-40 minutes of Spurs talk is enough for me, then it's all laugh most of the time.

Really?

Format is still the same serious Spurs match talk until the Windy section, following which all manner of wrong stuff. The current favourite end of pod topic revolves around defecation. I love the TFC pod best one for a real fans feel about Spurs. I’ve also recently got into Last Word On Spurs, far more sensible. Gave up on The Spurs Show years ago and they tended to be far to middle aged old West Stand melters.

Maaaan... Racking my brains.... Who did the stand-up comedy routine about accidentally calling their nan a cunt?

Some funny isht, right there.

Format is still the same serious Spurs match talk until the Windy section, following which all manner of wrong stuff. The current favourite end of pod topic revolves around defecation. I love the TFC pod best one for a real fans feel about Spurs. I’ve also recently got into Last Word On Spurs, far more sensible. Gave up on The Spurs Show years ago and they tended to be far to middle aged old West Stand melters.

Main thing is I don't want either a) a moany vibe or b) some faux-proper pundit nonsense...

I like that fact that it just feels like a standard chat about Spurs down the pub(*).

(*That's the one thing the WHTV divs had right on the few times I'd be shown links of their old shows when they were sat round a table having a few cans; pre their switch to copying the AFTV model and going public.)

Anything but offended, but much of the part 2 stuff leaves me a bit 'meh', but I still end up listening to the end because - tbf - on occasion some of the anecdotes are hilarious!

Props to the boys though, cos I do find somehow the pod helps me get over losses a bit better than I used to.

How does one know when one of these gatherings is on?
I went to the front page of the site by accident once and found this:
The Fighting Cock social – The Fighting Cock

I've never actually listened to the podcast. I really, really need to be trying to finish my PhD at the mo and so other than watching four football matches daily and asking the missus if her day at her actual job was okay I need to use the spare half hour left over to read books and write instead. :(

Living up in Newcastle I basically never, ever meet another Spurs fan in real life. What a life!

I went to the front page of the site by accident once and found this:
The Fighting Cock social – The Fighting Cock

I've never actually listened to the podcast. I really, really need to be trying to finish my PhD at the mo and so other than watching four football matches daily and asking the missus if her day at her actual job was okay I need to use the spare half hour left over to read books and write instead. :(

Living up in Newcastle I basically never, ever meet another Spurs fan in real life. What a life!

Sounds familiar (replace 4 matches per day with too much dicking around on here and other 'essential' practices, but I'm fundamentally 'that guy' too)...

:dierpochhug:

I'm lucky enough to get my fill of Spurs by watching them live, meeting up with like-minded friends and posting on here.
That takes up so much time, I don't really want to get hooked into anything else.

I'm coming to the Dortmund social... (I realise I'm hedging my bets somewhat at 3-0 up... so either it's gonna be epic, or horrific! NOTHING in between!!)

See ya'll there!! I'll wear 1882 White Carnations!!!

Back
Top Bottom