Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An explanation would be nice. Other than boneheaded "I disagree"

j70n9.jpg

I like Lamela, but I will restate what I’ve been saying for a year now. He’s too volatile for England and should really move to the Seria A. It will do his career wonders

Volatile?

Never had a red wearing our shirt.

I'd have understood your view a bit more if it was earlier doors - I feared he'd be a card-magnet myself - but those concerns are long gone now....

I like Lamela, but I will restate what I’ve been saying for a year now. He’s too volatile for England and should really move to the Seria A. It will do his career wonders

Not sure what you mean by volatile but he certainly is too inconsistent.

It is right to expect more from him in the key elements of his job.

His passing and ability to score goals should be better and greater than what they are.

Good player buy really should be better. Same applies to Moura.

Last edited:
He looked pretty good before he got injured for that stretch’s month or so ago. I think he’s a guy to keep around in a sub role. Highly doubt anyone would offer a good fee for him.

I came here for some discussion, leaving this thread a bit perturbed. The way you guys have been banging on about how Lamela is better than Son in the past when they are both good, hard-working players who are both needed at the club... added to the fact some went as far as to say Lemala is better looking than Son (WTF?) or some such. This is really disturbing. I guess some amount of discussion is expected but this feels a bit too obsessive and disrespectful to Poch and the players.
I know those comments are from months ago (I only checked as far as Oct last year), but what I have seen isn't really pretty.

Sorry I had to say this.

I came here for some discussion, leaving this thread a bit perturbed. The way you guys have been banging on about how Lamela is better than Son in the past when they are both good, hard-working players who are both needed at the club... added to the fact some went as far as to say Lemala is better looking than Son (WTF?) or some such. This is really disturbing. I guess some amount of discussion is expected but this feels a bit too obsessive and disrespectful to Poch and the players.
I know those comments are from months ago (I only checked as far as Oct last year), but what I have seen isn't really pretty.

Sorry I had to say this.
I think you need to be introduced to the art of satire my friend

Sorry I had to say this.

I agree, there really are some half-heads that inhabit this thread. Mindless 'Disagree' without even reading the responses. Just reassure yourself that these individuals have no lives (other than this forum) as they sit in their darkened rooms, surrounded by Warcraft debris, waiting for their Mum to call them down to dinner.

They will brainlessly worship the ground that Lamela treads on, and no dissent is tolerated. If your dare suggest that he may have been poor (and he has on countless occasions) have stats to back it up. No contrary opinions are tolerated, rather like the Soviet Union, East Germany and North Korea).

Oh well I suppose that's what the Ignore button is for.

Last edited:
I agree, there really are some half-heads that inhabit this thread. Mindless 'Disagree' without even reading the responses. Just reassure yourself that these individuals have no lives (other than this forum) as they sit in their darkened rooms, surrounded by Warcraft debris, waiting for their Mum to call them down to dinner.

They will brainlessly worship the ground that Lamela treads on, and no dissent is tolerated. If your dare suggest that he may have been poor (and he has on countless occasions) have stats to back it up. No contrary opinions are tolerated, rather like the Soviet Union, East Germany and North Korea).

Oh well I suppose that's what the Ignore button is for.

LJpytSk.png

And barely has the metaphorical ink dried before the first of the half-heads emerges from under his/her/its rock.

Took about 5 minutes to register disagree!

What's wrong sonny? Been told off by your Mum? Blow your nose and off to bed with you!

MindBlown by name and ...

IGNORE
clip_image002.jpg

My apologies to those expecting Erik Lamela-related discussions.

I shall refrain from needlessly bumping this thread by responding to these morons and giving credibility to their 'responses'

My apologies to those expecting Erik Lamela-related discussions.

I shall refrain from needlessly bumping this thread by responding to these morons and giving credibility to their 'responses'

well maybe I am too generous here and I would like to point out smth here that I would expect to get on your own but -

- you say that forum is place for discussion, yet pretty much all you "discuss" is saying that he had a bad game, and ask if you are alone at this. What kind of higher level of "discussion" is that?
- no one here is saying that Lamela is the best player in the squad. But what is the point of coming here after each match (specially during period when we were collectively quite bad) when you really do not seem to have much to say

Has Lamela fulfilled the expectations that everyone had on his arrival - no.
Has he had a brilliant season up to now - not really, in the start was rly good but faded.
Is he a part of best possible starting XI - no.

I have been defending him here over time but I too have started to think what will or will not become of him. Son has made a leap forward, unfortunately Coco has not. As things stand, when everyone is fit he is behind Kane, Son, Alli, Eriksen and Moura now. It might be that we could improve on him in the future. Other question is - who is the upgrade on him that we can afford and who would come? I am not saying there aint none, rather than it would be nice if we could discuss names or ideas, pro's and con's rather than slating him off by 2 sentences after every game.

At last a sensible response. (Other than the 11, knee-jerk 'Disagrees within a few minutes)

- you say that forum is place for discussion, yet pretty much all you "discuss" is saying that he had a bad game, and ask if you are alone at this. What kind of higher level of "discussion" is that?

Exasperation (usually after a particularly poor performance). I provide an opinion based on what I see (e.g. he was poor, usually supported by a few observations, lack of control, showboating ball-rolling, poor in the air, needless fouls in dangerous areas) and others come back 'you're an idiot (or worse), he had a worldie' - end of 'discussion'

I have been critical of Lamela since his injuries and the time we have given him to prove his worth. My post above is aimed at the blind, uncritical, unwavering and often knee-jerk support offered to him by a few members of this forum, on the back of a few, intermittent good performances (you see, I will concede that he has played well on a few occasions).

I agree with almost all your sentiments expressed above, but the idea that it will cost a fortune to 'upgrade'?

It might be that we could improve on him in the future. Other question is - who is the upgrade on him that we can afford and who would come?

No idea who the replacement would be. That's what our scouting network and Academy are for. Indeed the upgrade could be Lucas (who himself is starting to raise doubts).

Has Lamela fulfilled the expectations that everyone had on his arrival - no.
Has he had a brilliant season up to now - not really, in the start was rly good but faded.
Is he a part of best possible starting XI - no.

You see. We agree.

He's been with us for 5 1/2 years and in my view it's time to move him on, he's (at best) a squad player.

Back
Top Bottom