Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe Levy sent all of our scouts to go work on the new stadium.

Which is why there were delays and we signed fuck all?

We've trashed bums like that nine million times over the past five years. We just fell asleep and collapsed like the bad old days out there.

Watched the 2nd half again earlier on. They score their 2nd after we push our centrebacks up for a free kick we had because one of their players dived. Typical but with each bouncing ball in the 2nd half they were first to it.

We allow too many teams a smash and grab against us. This is where it simply has to stop and we need to be more robust, a free kick to us ended up being a counter for them, maybe we over committed which you really can't do in this league as it will punish you

Been thinking on this bastard game all day, I've said it before so many times-Dembele.
We have Dembele in the middle in that game I think we win it, we simply HAVE TO get an adequate replacement for him this summer. How we lost control of that second half is completely down to not controlling possession and calming things down when it got a bit rough.
I'll not bother talking about the shape change and subs again as I guess the coaches know best whats good for our players and their stamina/fatigue etc but fuck me, we should have been completely safe at half time ffs. Terrible finishing of chances, Kane, Dele all of them were guilty first half.

these lads need to take a fucking wise in their cupla weeks off or we are bang in trouble.

Been thinking on this bastard game all day, I've said it before so many times-Dembele.
We have Dembele in the middle in that game I think we win it, we simply HAVE TO get an adequate replacement for him this summer. How we lost control of that second half is completely down to not controlling possession and calming things down when it got a bit rough.
I'll not bother talking about the shape change and subs again as I guess the coaches know best whats good for our players and their stamina/fatigue etc but fuck me, we should have been completely safe at half time ffs. Terrible finishing of chances, Kane, Dele all of them were guilty first half.

these lads need to take a fucking wise in their cupla weeks off or we are bang in trouble.

I think spurs fans underestimated the impact of his departure - probably because he was so intermittent before leaving. Having an older head, being almost impossible to dispossess - qualities that rubbed off on the team and are almost impossible to replace. No coincidence that his departure marked a shift in the general vibe in the team.

I said that on here months ago and got a load of "get over it" drivel in response.

Some of you sad fuckers need to go support City or anyone else who buys a championship. Maybe then you won’t be sick and tired of supporting such a shit club, with shit coaches, and shit players.

I think supporters have a right to be upset mate.
Not sure who that was aimed at, but to suggest that venting after a capitulation like that is not warranted and is unrealistic.

In the PL we have lost 3 and drawn 1. Today we, in my opinion, played one of our best 45 minutes all season, only to come out in the 2nd half and get run down. The same players that ran out at the games inceptions are the ones who played in the 2nd half. What happened ? It is unrealistic or " non supporting " to suggest that we absolutely stuffed up a massive chance today, that would have just about ensured CL next year ?

LIsten to Poch in the post game presser. He himself had to use words such as "arrogant", and questioned our desire.

One can love a club and still be critical.

How the fuck can we defend like that with
Its a fake point because every single game he puts balls into the box....hes not been his best, but crosses from a wing back is better than no crosses from a wing back

He's off form, and still better than Aurier. You judge a players ability in his worst form and carrying two injuries this season. Why not judge Eriksen as a player on this season too? Or Sanchez?
I judge players on what they have done over the years at their best, and Aurier and KWP have never come close to Trippier last season or at the end of Kyles last season.
Simple facts, and you know this.
hes fucking shit end of story .

I woke up this morning and this first thing that popped into my head was that equalising goal. It must be one of the worst goals we’ve ever conceded.

We can talk about how we missed Dembele or Toby but we had 3 players in the perfect position to kick the ball away and none of them did. I don’t understand how they can let that goal happen, it wasn’t like they attempted to clear and messed it up, they just literally let Southampton score a goal. Where was the desire to keep the clean sheet, to be agressive and win the game? Did they think the final whistle was blown at half time and the second half was just the warm down? All of the back 4 will be lucky if they play again this season after that.

We've fucked up massively. So many holes in our squad that should have been addressed years ago. No way we can bring in so many new players this summer and integrate them into the squad. Yet another fucking season of transition heading our way, wasting another precious year of our key players. Fucking sick of it
Remember - we had to be brave

Careful what you wish for. It’s the best squad we’ve had because Poch made them that way! One shocking loss at Southampton doesn’t change that IMV.
It’s actually 9 losses now and we were 3 points of 1st now we’re looking at finishing 6th with the shit form we’re in .this squad ain’t won fuck all yet neither has poch , every time we get close to winning we bottler it .we have 6-7 top players and the rest of the squad is ok ,we’re more likely going to lose jan verts lloris and Eriksen soon , you think we’re going to get top players in replacement for them in the market now days ? We would be luck to just replace Eriksen with a real top player .were fucked if we miss out on top 4 we’re lose I’ll best players and no top players will want to join a Europe league team who don’t pay top wages it’s all down to levy for not giving Pochettino the money or poch being arrogant another to think shit like Sanchez , trippier ,wanyama , kwp , llorente and dier are good enough not to be replaced let’s not forget poch said money was available but said he was happy with the quality of the squad it’s laughable .

Sounds to me like Poch is stoking the fires, and is basically saying fucking back my next season or me and the team are fucking off. It's been so obvious we can't compete on multiple fronts all year don't have the depth for it.
But poch said there was money available but no one that would improve the squad it’s fucking laughable , any cunt surely would improve the likes of Sanchez , kwp , trippier , wanyama ,llorente , Davies I could go on I’m sorry but poch talks in riddles and out of his arse a lot of times .

in the first half we played the best we have for a long time, and should have been 2 or 3 up,
second half we had no answer to them pushing us back,

That first goal, Rose should have knocked it out but tried to be clever by letting it run, he had no clue where the player was. Until that point he looked ok.

Free kick was decent but not top corner, lloris was a little slow to react.

Kane could have bagged two more but looked much better.

What bothered me more was CE, it was like he was playing with a hot potato, he did anything to get rid of the ball, mostly sideways and backwards, he literally didn’t want it. Ali coming back getting stuck in, trying to nick the ball just highlighted how little effort CE put in. Skipp would have added more value, clearly CE doesn’t want to get injured, his agent must have already had chats with new clubs, I imagine he has refused a contract extension and plans to move on in the summer. It could cost us a CL spot. I get infuriated when a player’s selfish reasons impact us. Doesn’t happen often but when it does it’s so corrosive. I guess if they drop him they’ve conceded and it will mean we will get less for him, either way he has fucked us

My only redeeming hope is that on an unconscious level the team have put all their eggs in the champs league basket, and will seriously challenge for that trophy this season. Slogging away for top 4 seems a bit less inspiring than the thing you've actually slogged away for. Its all mentality.

You've got Kepa and Allison mixed up ;)

But yes, your point remains the same. Liverpool have the best defence in the league. Why? Because it's a consistent team that's only ever changed when there has been injuries.

We had the best defence in the league for two straight seasons? Why? Because we mostly kept the EXACT same back four except for injuries or suspensions.

This season, I'd hazard a guess that we've had the same defensive line-up for two or more games in a row.... three times?

That's shocking.

I know we have Sanchez and he cost £40,000,000 etc. but Alderweireld and Vertonghen proved themselves to be the best defensive partnership in the league so if they're both fit, they start together. And for christ sakes, stick with the same fucking full backs.

It's a good question.

Liverpool change a few of their 11 every game

The only reason they don't change it more is there reserves are terrible

Back
Top Bottom