Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LVj0j0c.jpg

One
One of our most underated players, didn't get the credit he deserved, played over 400 games for Spurs and would of played for England if west ham's golden bollox hadn't stood in his way. Second photo was from his costly ( to him ) testimonial alongside Muller and Beckenbauer

s-l300.jpg
sport-shutterstock-editorial-3126015a.jpg
One of the nicest guys you would wish to meet, and as you say, so under rated by even Tottenham supporters.

There was no social media in the sixties but in view of what goes on now and looking back perhaps Billy Nick should have got stick for not winning the League title more than once with the players he had. After all he had the greatest goal scorer of his generation throughout the period and many other legends. I lived through that period and did not think this at the time but reading the many comments on this forum and elsewhere wonder if Billy Nick would have lasted as long as he did if Managing in today's era.

Dunno if these were posted already, apologies if they were.

1bcbf9bbef6ed2c075d30e2f53bb33a0.jpg

haircuts:dierpochhug:

470757238a5100265e77e988498febd5.jpg

5c1040086e37dced532553fd07fc0fc4.jpg

267b457a8eee2014f39c47b5b8125adb.jpg
Top picture when is that mid 70s? Guy front row 2nd from right as you look,guy that’s to the right of Perryman and whole row behind Perryman who are all they?

There was no social media in the sixties but in view of what goes on now and looking back perhaps Billy Nick should have got stick for not winning the League title more than once with the players he had. After all he had the greatest goal scorer of his generation throughout the period and many other legends. I lived through that period and did not think this at the time but reading the many comments on this forum and elsewhere wonder if Billy Nick would have lasted as long as he did if Managing in today's era.
In the present climate and social media experts,its no doubt in my mind there would have been people calling for Billy Nicks head at certain times in the 60s.

Last edited:
Before looking at this list, I could name all but two... think the third row at the end next to Phil Beal is Mike Dillon, but the one in the back row between Mike England and Peter Collins has me stumped....it's not Martin Peters, is it?
The first £200,000 footballer, a man ten years ahead of his time....
&
The worst collection of haircuts in the history of football.

Back
Top Bottom