Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Woolwich came in one by one, hurrah hurrah
The Woolwich came in one by one, hurrah hurrah
The Woolwich came in one by one, and one by one they all got done,
lalalala lalalala

The Tottenham came in three by three, hurrah hurrah
The Tottenham came in three by three, hurrah hurrah
The Tottenham came in three by three, and took the North Bank Highbury
lalalala lalalala

The Woolwich came in eight by eight, hurrah hurrah
The Woolwich came in eight by eight, hurrah hurrah
The Woolwich came in eight by eight, and all they did was masturbate
lalalala lalalala

An old friend who passed away a few years ago taught a group of us:

"Ding dong the lights are flashing, we're going Ars*nal bashing"

Once a year a big group of us get together and go to a match together (you may have seen a bunch of idiots at Hamilton Hall for the Wolves game last season with Redknapp masks...yes that was us) to celebrate the life of this guy.

who's that team they call the ars*nal?
who's that team they all adore?
they're the girls in red and white, and they are a load of shite,
and terry neill's mother is a whore.

blue is the colour, netball is the game.
they're not together, and losing is their aim.
so boo them down in the mud and rain,
'cos chelsea, chelsea is their name.

Strange to think there was lots of singing in the Paxton at one point, most games you get a 'Come On You Spurs' and that's about your lot. This was because as a Junior member you could get a cheap ticket to stand here (£2 when I first started going, for fuck sake) so it was packed full of teenagers. You'd never get this now a days as how many 15 year olds can afford to go with their mates, unaccompanied by a paying adult with the dosh to buy their ticket.

In a gradual process from the late 90s to the mid 2000s - the balance of 'atmophere' moved from the Paxton Road to the Park Lane IMO.

Paxton was the Members Stand and a great terrace, then ultimately it got so shit they just made it the Family Stand (final nail for it obviously).

I remember a game in the late 90s (1998?) when unspeakable got two late headers to equalise against United. I was in the Park Lane but would have given anything to be amongst it in the Paxton that day.

As poor as the atmosphere is over there in the Paxton it is still OUR end. Its where we warm up, its where we shoot second half (generally). I wish it was our Kop, or Stetford End again rather than the couple of awkwardly placed blocks next to the away allocation we currently have for 'atmosphere'.

score tottenham, score.
when you get one you'll get more.
we'll sing you assembly
when we get to wembley
so score tottenham, score.

only ever heard this the once, was a group of three middle aged boys who were steaming and got on the tube between wembley and kx on the way to the final in 87,

"meat pie, meat pie,
bottle of pils, bottle of pils,
Alan Gilzean, Alan Alan Gilzean"

to the tune of Alouette

Never forgot it though.
-----

Its a long walk to Seven Sisters....

gilzean, gilzean, gilzean, gilzean... born is the king of white hart lane...

cheeeeeeeeeevers........ cheeeeeeeeeevers........

only ever heard this the once, was a group of three middle aged boys who were steaming and got on the tube between wembley and kx on the way to the final in 87,

"meat pie, meat pie,
bottle of pils, bottle of pils,
Alan Gilzean, Alan Alan Gilzean"

to the tune of Alouette

Never forgot it though.
-----

Its a long walk to Seven Sisters....

Personally, as bad as it may seem, some of the best and some of my personal favourites are the ones about the trouble/fighting/hooliganism etc. Threatening and intimidating. That's how it used to be for away teams to come to White Hart Lane! Not anymore!

'You'll never take the Park Lane!'

Thing that I don't get, if you're going to sing about football violence and 'give it large' and the pride of not running and being a bit nawty, you should back it up with actions.

Not at all. What I'm saying is why lie and brag through football chants? If you're not a nawty person. Why sing songs and pretend you are?
I don't think it's necessarily the same thing mate, so unless I intend to go and smash up West Ham fans with a carving knife and a spanner I shouldn't ever sing My Old Man?

I see where you're coming from but from a personal standpoint, I don't sing the songs thinking that I'm actually going to act them out.

I never liked that song anyway, because my old man was a Spurs fan.......

If I had a son and he sung that song I'd kick his arse. (pardon the pun)

Back
Top Bottom